View Single Post
Old 2009-06-05, 07:43 PM   #13
MuniAddict
UniGeezer - Not "2" Tired
 
MuniAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Age: 63
Posts: 14,690
Latest coker saddle modification

I did my original mod over a year ago and it worked great, but it was starting to wear out and come loose. This time I used better, more durable stretch fabric, and like before, I glued velcro strips into the foam channel. Then I placed the corresponding velcro pieces onto each piece in the channel, added a little CA glue to each piece, then layed in the fabric and pressed it into the channel to lock it in place.

The only steps left was to spray 3M adhesive to the rest of the foam base and underside of the material, then smooth and shape it over the foam and staple it to the base, and cut off the excess. Took me all of 10 minutes, and it's ready to ride!

Yesterday I rode my 36er a mere 10 miles and I had saddle soreness; I was using the old stock KH fusion cover in the interim. What a difference this modification makes!

Name:  DSC00405.JPG
Views: 336
Size:  41.5 KB

Name:  DSC00406.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  DSC00403.JPG
Views: 342
Size:  92.4 KB

Name:  DSC00407.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  94.9 KB
__________________
Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
-Dani Buron


Website
Videos
Facebook

Last edited by MuniAddict; 2009-06-05 at 07:48 PM.
MuniAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Page generated in 0.03188 seconds with 10 queries