View Single Post
Old 2017-10-03, 12:37 AM   #7
trvn
Uni20"08.17 Muni26" 11.17 -Trinidad

Quote:
Originally Posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
Welcome to the forum, Nelvin. There are many discussions on the forum giving advice to beginners. Here are a few suggestions:
  • Wear safety gear. You will avoid injury. You will be less afraid of falling.
  • Buy all the tools you need to check the tightness of your unicycle. Hex wrench (metric) set and pedal wrench.
  • Find a block of time in your daily schedule to practice. 5 minutes here and there is not a good way to succeed.
  • Measure your progress in tiny steps, and celebrate your tiny successes.
  • Accept the fact that you will look like an idiot in front of your neighbors during the awkward beginner stages.

Good luck! Keep practicing!
Hi Nelvin. I'm new to the Uni world as well (from Trinidad and Tobago). I know your struggle with finding other riders lol. So far just me and I've heard of a few riders on the neighbouring island (Tobago)... never met them.

Some motivation! Took me 12 hours over a 5 day period of wobbling and hopping off before I could ride solo. Only available space is a public one but I got lots of encouragement and congratulations when persons saw me progressing (even if it was for like a 3-foot distance). So keep at it!

I own a Sun Classic 20" (literally one of 4 sold by the only bike shop on the island that had any). So far I've managed to do some light trail rides and a hill ride without too much pressure. Would like to upgrade to a 26" Muni if I can convince myself to pay the ridiculous shipping fees to get it here.

Trev
trvn is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06030 seconds with 9 queries