View Single Post
Old 2018-12-24, 09:19 PM   #7
jtrops
Unicyclist

yeah the tire is key. I have an old Avocet Cross/K that has virtually slick sides, and an inverted tread pattern. My current build is 700c, but my original was 26".

I used 3/4" plywood for my first one, and it was really heavy. My second build is nicer than the first one, and I used 1/2" Birch plywood for it. It is much lighter, and surprisingly, stiff. I was worried that it wouldn't be up to the task, but it hasn't had any problems in the years since I built it. In fact, it works so well that I don't imagine I'll ever purchase a pre-made one.

I would like to build a hub so that I can lace up a 32". My plan is to make the hub so that it resembles a hoop style kite string holder, but made out of metal, with spoke holes, and pedal threads.

You can search the forums for my ultimate wheel pedal mounts, and there should be pictures of the new wheel in there. The old pictures went away when the forum lost the"gallery."

Page generated in 0.05344 seconds with 9 queries