View Single Post
Old 2011-09-04, 06:34 PM   #5300
johnfoss
North Shore ridin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by madc-ccc View Post
...I had to stop every 10 kilometers starting from the 60th kilometer (before that, I had stopped once, at kilometer #30).
Congratulations on your metric century! Part of your problem may have been from not stopping enough earlier. I completed an old-school century in June, and probably stopped at least once every 10 miles. Let the circulation go and I think it helps you last longer.
Quote:
...I would have felt less discomfort with the KH Fusion Street (Slim?) saddle, vs the Freeride model I used. Any advice/feedback on that?
With saddles, I think the only way to know what works for you is to try it. It's a very personal thing. I used the Freeride with the channel down the center, and it works very well for me.
Quote:
More surprisingly, I also felt some discomfort at feet level, as if they were like "dead" (not enough irrigated with blood) - if you see what I mean.
I used to experience that when I was training for Ride The Lobster. Lots of miles, at high speed, and working on speed instead of distance may have been a factor. I had to loosen the laces in my 5-10s so they didn't squeeze my feet quite so much. My century ride was done at a more comfortable pace, and my feet never bothered me.

I did learn a technique to keep the circulation flowing without stopping. If you curl and uncurl your toes for at least 30 seconds in a row, it seems to last a while after that. Or try making your shoe laces looser.

"I was younger then, but it felt at the time like it was going like poo off a spade. Great fun." -- Mikefule (he's British)
johnfoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.02026 seconds with 8 queries