View Single Post
Old 2019-04-05, 02:40 AM   #21
jtrops
Unicyclist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwymer View Post
I used a Dremel tool to notch the plywood so the crank fit inside snugly and flush to the front. It did not go all the way through. You are right, only 1 of the bolts goes through the crank. There is a large fender washer on both sides of the plywood sandwiching the crank and the other 2 bolts help pinch the washers together and keep them from shifting. They are only 1/4 inch diameter bolts. Has been very strong so far. I had to do it that way since I checked several places and could not find a reverse threaded nut or even one right hand threaded that had the same thread count as the pedals. Friend had old cranks and they are aluminum so they weren't hard to cut.
9/16Ē nuts are hard to find in reverse thread. If you use 1/2Ē pedals the nuts are easy to find at the hardware store. I had this idea for pedal mounts when I stumbled across 1/2x20 left nuts at the local Ace. With tee nuts, and fender washers I donít think I spent more than a few dollars on all of the hardware for both pedals. I already had the pedals in my parts bin (itís a popular BMX size).

Page generated in 0.05637 seconds with 9 queries