Unicyclist Community

Unicyclist Community (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Unicycling Discussions (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sale - what to expect (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119684)

bradahj 2016-09-29 07:37 PM

Sale - what to expect

So....the big Unicycle.com sales are coming up in a few months. Is there a "usual discount" or has it been all over the board in the last few years?

Paochow 2016-09-29 08:00 PM

I'm hoping for another sale on the 36ers. I wasn't confident enough to try one last year, but now am looking at adding one to the stable. Even better yet, a new model with a frame mounted Shimano brake and on sale..... a man can dream right?

Paochow 2016-09-29 08:01 PM

FYI: last sale I saw the prices were 10% off

dpong 2016-09-29 08:39 PM

What time of year do these sales typically occur? I'm eyeing at least one uni.

LargeEddie 2016-09-29 09:08 PM

The Black Friday sale was really good in my first year of unicycling, 2013. They've had events in the two years since then that, in my recollection, weren't as stellar; ie I bought a unicycle during the 2013 sale and haven't in the two that followed. They've been popping up in late November. So that's about 8 weeks of lovely fall riding you're passing up if you wait it out from now. Still better than buying a unicycle at full price the week before of course.

Bradford 2016-09-29 09:16 PM

Also make sure to check out different UDC sites in different countries. The US based site is great, but I've also done business with the UK store and gotten some great deals. Just make sure to find out how much your credit card company charges for foreign transaction fees.

LargeEddie 2016-09-29 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradford (Post 1675253)
Also make sure to check out different UDC sites in different countries. The US based site is great, but I've also done business with the UK store and gotten some great deals. Just make sure to find out how much your credit card company charges for foreign transaction fees.

For sure! The UDC UK folks are very well prepared for international orders; just email for a quote with shipping and without VAT. I have parts that there on several of my unicycles. I've also been very happy purchasing from Goudurix in Montreal, some great Qu-Ax closeout deals from them, so that's another one to watch.

bradahj 2016-10-01 01:40 AM

Thanks all.....

....for the insights.

On another note I discovered a unique way to contribute to my "unicycle fund" -- it may take a while, but will eventually work.

I'll be searching out the credit card offers that give me money for signing up.... accrue a few of those along with the upcoming sale.... and before you know it Unicycle.com is emailing me a tracking number. :D

dpong 2016-10-01 04:03 PM

Unicycle.com (US) is currently having a modest sale on Nimbus Mountain bikes (not Oracle) of $20 off. Hey, it's something.

juggleaddict 2016-10-02 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dpong (Post 1675350)
Unicycle.com (US) is currently having a modest sale on Nimbus Mountain bikes (not Oracle) of $20 off. Hey, it's something.

lol, I chuckled when I saw the price off. It's around 5%. Granted, the 29er (non-oracle) was already a smokin' deal.

vookash 2016-10-31 08:38 PM

Any ideas when sales would start? I'm planning to get something from UDC UK, but maybe it's worth waiting a bit and trying to catch some sale.

TEAL 2016-10-31 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vookash (Post 1676505)
Any ideas when sales would start? I'm planning to get something from UDC UK, but maybe it's worth waiting a bit and trying to catch some sale.

Yeah i'd love to know as well. Planning on an order in the next couple days, wondering if I should wait.

bradahj 2016-10-31 10:27 PM

Sales

Cyber Weekend -- sometime around Thanksgiving.

Christmas Sale.

Those are the big ones......

vookash 2016-11-01 07:45 PM

UDC UK has some Christmas offers already on their home page.

bradahj 2016-11-28 11:17 PM

sale

Anybody pick something up during the sale this weekend?
I decided on a Nimbus 27.5......... arrives Wed..... all are very excited to see the Fedex truck :D