PDA

View Full Version : Dirtsurfer - anyone heard of or try it?

skilewis74
2008-01-15, 05:36 AM
dirtsurfer.com (http://www.dirtsurfer.ca/en/defaultds_int.asp)

vid (http://youtube.com/watch?v=QYCYi6eK3i8)

In general looks a bit harder than a mountain board but better at rough stuff. I think a bigger wheel would prob be better, esp for DH.

skrobo
2008-01-15, 06:13 AM
it's an oversized scooter that you can't steer... wow, what fun!!!

Danni
2008-01-15, 06:22 AM
You ride half a bike for a mystical being. Be more accepting if you want to be accepted.

That skate park is in Calgary (millennium). Them dirt jumps were in Fernie. I have never seen these guys anywhere.

skrobo
2008-01-15, 06:36 AM
hmm
i've never seen one, i guess i was a little quick to assume that it couldn't steer, it obviously can, nothing sharp, but it can. it seems like a cross between a bike and a skateboard, or the closest thing yet, pedals are a good way to bring about motion though, especially through bigger wheels.

sp4rky-m4rky
2008-01-15, 07:26 AM
I have kind of tried it, me and my brother made one and we used to take it down the road and toe it and we went dorn some small smoothissh hills. It was pretty fun and not realy that hard (once you got going) but having to drag it back up the hill eachtime realy sucks. I think they would be good with a kite or kitwing but then you might as well get a mountain board.

Jerrick
2008-01-15, 07:39 AM
Be fun to ride, but I dont think id get to into it.

wobbling bear
2008-01-15, 09:13 AM
in the woods where my group trains we outsnob MTB while going down big slopes.
then one day a guy came with a dirtsurfer and whooshed past us and we were outsnobbed! very impressive!

sp4rky-m4rky
2008-01-15, 09:34 AM
in the woods where my group trains we outsnob MTB while going down big slopes.
then one day a guy came with a dirtsurfer and whooshed past us and we were outsnobbed! very impressive!

Haha probably because he didnt have any brakes and couldnt slow down

kington99
2008-01-15, 12:43 PM
yeah a uniing friend of mine has one, complete with magura brakes. Quite fun but liable to ground out on rough ground because it's so long. Also the brakes aren't much help as going down a steep hill all the weight is on the front wheel, so the rear just locks and slides when you apply the brakes. Also they're pretty large/cimbersome/hard to get in a car. However, best safety warning i've ever seen.
"Warning, this product is made by Australians, you WILL get injured in the use of this product"

Chexjc
2008-01-15, 07:38 PM
I've tried it. One of my unicycling friends has one. I don't find it much fun...I've seen him hit some high speeds on it though. His has a rear disk brake that is applied by you back leg.

Cps10
2008-01-15, 09:09 PM
The only experience I have on them in in DH (downhill, on pavement). They can go 50mph+ if you have the right mountain road.

1-wheeled-grape
2008-01-15, 11:06 PM
they look fun but mountain boards are easier i recon, firstly you can steer, they are smaller and my brother has brakes on his board and my friend got a kite, there are loads of our vids on youtube but i can put links on here so just type in "ckjs" and they are there

its up to you but id go for the mountain board if any

critter
2008-01-15, 11:30 PM
Where's the other wheel? :confused: Oh I see, it's in front. It looks heavy!(weighs too much). Needs a motor for up hills.
I don't think I would use it much if I had one.

evil-nick
2008-01-15, 11:43 PM
"Can't steer"... that's what skiiers used to say about snowboards ;)

Looks like fun, I don't think I'd take one in the woods, but I might try down a ski slope in the summer. If I could ride one :D