PDA

View Full Version : Bad/Unsightly habits?

burjzyntski
2007-05-14, 06:17 PM
I know you've got at least one bad/unsightly habit ;).

Whether it's biting your nails, picking your nose, pulling scabs, drinking too much soda, or eating too much junk food, it's time to fess up!

I correct people when they talk - My mom says it's rude, so lately I've been practicing saying what I'm thinking in my head, instead of audibly.

I smoke cigarettes sometimes - It's bad for you and has been a proven cause of lung cancer.

I drink underage - It's not an everyday occurrence, but it's illegal and unsafe.

I pick my nose - I'm allergic to pine pollen and I live by a state park! I need to get the itchy-ness out somehow!

It isn't always easy acknowledge a bad habit, but just try!

monkeyman
2007-05-14, 08:26 PM
I bite my nails. And I don't know if anyone's noticed, but I'm quite sarcastic.

forrestunifreak
2007-05-14, 08:52 PM
I drink too much soda. :(

GILD
2007-05-14, 09:09 PM
I date outrageously inappropriate, unsuitable women.

Hi honey!

KathySusanka
2007-05-14, 09:23 PM
I make sarcastic comments at inappropriate moments.

UniGoth
2007-05-14, 09:28 PM
I make sarcastic comments at inappropriate moments.

A hardy har har

amanda.gallacher
2007-05-14, 09:30 PM
I squeal too much? haha is that a bad habit? It's only when I get scared (which, may I add, is far too often).

Otherwise, I drink too much fizzy pop, eat too much BurgerKing and spend more money than I have. I bite my nails, play with my hair and crack my knuckles when I get nervous. I swear too much, drink underage and skive off work too often.

I reali don't like how long that list turned into after just mentioning I squeal... :o

GILD
2007-05-14, 09:34 PM
Cut out the cracking of your knuckles.
They're going to get ugly and nobody likes ugly hands.
Nobody.

Jerrick
2007-05-14, 09:34 PM
I have a habit of really pushing people into doing something. Not doing things that I want them too, but for example. Me and a friend are unicycling around. Friend wants to learn to crankgrab. Ill push him to get it, and ill keep pushing until he gets it.

Sometimes it makes them mad, because they want to give up, but I wont let them. lol

UMm, another habit is that I pop my knuckles a lot.

I cant think of any other right now.

maximus unius
2007-05-14, 09:39 PM
I post way too much on here.

I'll think about it and come up with some more so I can make my post count even higher:rolleyes:

amanda.gallacher
2007-05-14, 09:39 PM
Cut out the cracking of your knuckles.
They're going to get ugly and nobody likes ugly hands.
Nobody.
Yeah, I always go through stages of stopping, but as soon as something stressful comes up its just habit and often, until someone mentions it to me, I do it without realising. I definitely have to stop though. I've been doing it on and off ever since I can remember and my joints are starting to ache too regularly.

MuniAddict
2007-05-14, 09:44 PM
I make non-sequiturs. Like the other day I saw this spotted lemur. I like corvettes too, but I drink coffee sometimes.:(

KathySusanka
2007-05-14, 09:47 PM
A hardy har har

What a snot. Go to your room and learn how to use spell check. I'll bet that's your bad habit.

mornish
2007-05-14, 09:50 PM
I pick my nose sometimes.

I bite my nails

I eat to much candy

I crack my knuckle

um, is eating alot of bacon a bad habit?

UniGoth
2007-05-14, 09:56 PM
What a snot. Go to your room and learn how to use spell check. I'll bet that's your bad habit.

Mind Your Own Wax Mother

monkeyman
2007-05-14, 10:00 PM
I make non-sequiturs. Like the other day I saw this spotted lemur. I like corvettes too, but I drink coffee sometimes.:(

Hahaha

Q: How many kids with ADHD does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: Let's go ride our bikes!

MuniAddict
2007-05-14, 10:04 PM
Hahaha

A: Let's go ride our bikes!Hehehe! That was last Tuesday when I read that book! But seriously, there's a spider in my attic!

SAVAGE
2007-05-15, 12:31 AM
i'm obsessed with blowing stuff up with homemade bombs.
i blew out my front tire on my bike yesterday
i broke the laws of physics backwards today

dudewithasock
2007-05-15, 12:35 AM
I masturbate at inappropriate times.

Wait...I thought this was a thread where we discuss our talents?

timtimtimmy
2007-05-15, 12:52 AM
i dount have anney nals left

forrestunifreak
2007-05-15, 12:57 AM
OK fine. I don't drink too much soda (it's actually called pop).

How the heck can drinking too much pop be an unsightly bad habit?

burjzyntski
2007-05-15, 01:44 AM
some habits are unsightly (i.e. not especially bad for you, but they don't look right), and some habits are actually bad for you.

burjzyntski
2007-05-15, 01:53 AM

Wait...I thought this was a thread where we discuss our talents?

I didn't want to say it in the opening thread, but...

Goats_On_Unicycles
2007-05-15, 04:20 AM
I have a habit of really pushing people into doing something. Not doing things that I want them too, but for example. Me and a friend are unicycling around. Friend wants to learn to crankgrab. Ill push him to get it, and ill keep pushing until he gets it.

haha!!
or making him jump a seven set!

tomtrevor
2007-05-15, 07:20 AM
Whether it's biting your nails, picking your nose, pulling scabs, drinking too much soda, or eating too much junk food, it's time to fess up!

i do all those things:p

dan de man
2007-05-15, 08:31 AM
I lie way to much ,infact im lieing right now,or am I?

dan de man
2007-05-15, 08:32 AM
Hahaha

A: Let's go ride our bikes!
or

what does ADHD stand for?

Atention deficit..lets go ride bikes

unibob
2008-04-14, 10:24 PM
Picking scabs!

I thought of this as I've just pulled the result of my first 29er UPD from my elbow.

Does everyone like picking at scabs when they form after a fall, scrape, UPD or other accident?

My little boy has had a spot on his head for the last 4 months and keeps picking it. I guess I must be setting a bad example.

I don't go as far as actually eating the resultant coagulated blood but feel good when I get the thing off without bloodletting.

Sorry this is so gross but I was just wondering.....

ridethelobster2008
2008-04-14, 11:03 PM
I dress up like a nun and pick up disreputable chronic barfly's.

Oh, I also seek out Arby's restaurants and insist on consuming whatever beef crap they serve.

I also have developed a disturbing passion for poutine, an especially noxious combo of cheese curds, gravy and French ( formerly known as "Freedom Fries) fries. Not even a daily activity level of 10,000 calories can burn that stuff off, but man, with ketchup, salt and French dressing, it cannot be beat. Cheesecake, Cheez Whiz and half-a-pound bologna on the side.

bad habit central.

wickedbob
2008-04-14, 11:49 PM
Good thread. Well, I have tons of extra drink bottles in my room, so I started to piss in them in the mornings when people are int he bathroom for way to long. I used to piss off my porch, but its rather cold in the mornings now. I bite my nails, rather hard with braces though. I pick my nose. I'm very sarcastic.

I'd say the worst is how me and my friends are fairly unabashed and talk as if we're alone even in a full class of people. We discuss things like masturbation in class pretty often and others can here easily. We get into all kinds of crazy conversations talking about personal stuff and how things go down. We also discuss pr0n as if we're critics.

uni57
2008-04-15, 04:17 AM
Well, I meant to post this last year when this thread was started...

I procrastinate.

mcnuggets300
2008-04-15, 11:57 AM
Ah too bad burjzyntski, the drinking age here is 18.
I bite my finger nails a lot, and have a tendency to slouch (I'm 6' 2", and my shorter friends mumble) and openly scratch myself (Read: Testicles)

amanda.gallacher
2008-04-15, 12:55 PM
I squeal too much? haha is that a bad habit? It's only when I get scared (which, may I add, is far too often).

Otherwise, I drink too much fizzy pop, eat too much BurgerKing and spend more money than I have. I bite my nails, play with my hair and crack my knuckles when I get nervous. I swear too much, drink underage and skive off work too often.

I reali don't like how long that list turned into after just mentioning I squeal... :o
That's changed a bit now. I don't really squeal now, but make stupid noises and sing to myself when I ride.
I don't drink much fizzy drinks anymore, and I hate BurgerKing. I don't bite my nails, don't often crank my knuckles and don't skive work anymore. I still play with my hair though, drink underage and swear on occasion.

Bad Habits now.... I have this really bad tendancy to text people when drunk. It's always pretty illegable and can often be very embarassing lol

The UniSLAB
2008-04-15, 01:35 PM
Bad Habits now.... I have this really bad tendancy to text people when drunk. It's always pretty illegable and can often be very embarassing lol

Haha LOTS and LOTS of girls do that so don't think its a bad habit, infact it often leads to good times:)

nick
2008-04-15, 03:13 PM
I bite my nails. I bite them untill they are down to the flesh of my fingers, and then I bite my finger tips untill they bleed.

Well, I did.

A few weeks ago I decided that I want to learn to spin stage balls on my finger nails, which means I have to grow my nails out past my finger tips. So far I've only given in, and bit off a single one of my pinky fingernails.

It is not easy to break bad habits. I can feel everytime anything touches one of my fingernails, it's like they're super sensitive (or rather, the skin they connect to is). Driving me insane!

I also bite my lips and the inside of my cheeks, but that's not going to stop anytime soon.

unisteve
2008-04-15, 07:19 PM
I have a strange habit of externalizing my inner monologue. It's good that I can express myself, but it usually happens far too frequently and at inappropriate times.

maestro8
2008-04-16, 02:30 AM
I have a strange habit of externalizing my inner monologue. It's good that I can express myself, but it usually happens far too frequently and at inappropriate times.
I've got that habit too... coupled with the habit of forgetting to lower the volume of my voice when others are nearby... makes for some unintended rudeness.

Oops!

C-ZER
2008-04-16, 02:37 AM
I dress like a girl and run up and down the street Like a lunatic ;

uni57
2008-04-16, 03:10 AM
I dress like a girl and run up and down the street Like a lunatic ;So... which kind of habit is this? Bad or unsightly? :)

Kyle_Destroyer
2008-04-16, 06:30 PM
I break too many bones, seriously, I'm in the double digits now.

1-wheeled-grape
2008-04-16, 06:53 PM
1.i used to get annoyed way to quickly but ive tried stopping that now, it was annoyng how much effort i had to put in to be angry, so i just ignore then. ignoring is probably just as bat, but it will teach them not to be so agravating.
2. i hava a habit of being really stupid at times but thats fun so i have no need to stop.
3. i go to my nans everyday and attack her fridge, and eating my winnings:D (yogurt, mars bar, milkshake, cheese string, random assortments of chocolate.) 1 of each, and i do this basically every day:D thinking about it im suprised im not fatter lol

i dont see these as unsighly or bad, i enjoy it! except getting annoyed, cos im too lazy now.

UniBrier
2008-04-17, 01:50 PM
So... which kind of habit is this? Bad or unsightly? :)Most people shower in the nude. Good habit but an often unsightly habit.

gkmac
2008-04-17, 08:43 PM
I often call people by their full names. Just ask anyone called Christopher, or Daniel, or Joseph, or Michael, or Terence, or William, or...

lpounds
2008-04-17, 09:30 PM
When cabbies swerve at me on my bike I put my dasani in their wheel well.

GILD
2008-04-18, 08:12 AM
I procrastinate.
I thought I was a procratinator, till I met Willy.
He got a birthmark when he was 8.

Steven Wright Wrocks.

amanda.gallacher
2008-04-27, 10:20 PM
I have a bad habit of getting involved with guys who are complete dicks.

ridethelobster2008
2008-04-27, 11:10 PM
I am no Jungian, but if you keep on doing the same thing, isn't it time to ask a "professional", a parish priest, a Wiccan or SOMEBODY, for advice? You need not take the advice but perhaps a different perspective would be useful. Bad relationships can ruin a person. Take charge.
With best regards from the Bay of Fundy, where the tides change twice a day, and can be seen to change.
Be well.
William

dudewithasock
2008-04-27, 11:12 PM

Still going strong.

GILD
2008-04-28, 09:31 AM
I have a bad habit of getting involved with guys who are complete dicks.
I agree with RideTheLobster, you may want to get some advice on this one.
You've got to like you for you to believe that you 'deserve' someone who does too.

net_hippy
2008-04-28, 11:12 AM
I procrastinate too much...I have three essays and an exam to prepare for and I'm on here...

sp4rky-m4rky
2008-04-28, 05:44 PM
I procrastinate too much...I have three essays and an exam to prepare for and I'm on here...

Haha you have nothing on me

peleschramm
2008-04-28, 05:54 PM
I pick scabs(not uncommon for me) an I bite my nails.

But my worst habit is laziness, and lack of self-motivation to do things I don't enjoy in order for a better future. I have the self-discipline of a rat on cocaine.

SHAY_CAM
2008-04-28, 06:10 PM
I dont know if any of you have noticed... but i pause alot in my typing. Couldnt that be a bad habit?

SHAY_CAM
2008-04-28, 06:11 PM
unicycle for atheism.
Word on that brother.

peleschramm
2008-04-28, 08:17 PM
Word on that brother.
Haha yeah. There were so many "unicycle for Christ" sigs, that I just had too...

harper
2008-04-28, 09:00 PM
I'm far too tolerant. A very unattractive habit.

swarbrim
2008-04-28, 09:40 PM
I am no Jungian, but if you keep on doing the same thing, isn't it time to ask a "professional", a parish priest, a Wiccan or SOMEBODY, for advice? You need not take the advice but perhaps a different perspective would be useful. Bad relationships can ruin a person. Take charge.
With best regards from the Bay of Fundy, where the tides change twice a day, and can be seen to change.
Be well.
William

I think that it's a safe bet just to let her complain. She's British and probably has reason too anyway. Everyone loves to complain about the opposite sex.

Me, I seem to attract women with boyfreinds who say they'll dump them or just not tell me till after we've fooled around. Noice.

Cheers.

joe
2008-04-28, 11:40 PM
...just not tell me till after we've fooled around. Noice.
on your unicycles I gather?

GKMac is correct, add Edmond to that list!

I dont think i have any bad habits, but my girlfriend says otherwise. She gets bugged by my poor time keeping, talking in my sleep, and the time and money ive spent on my van. Although the benefits of having a camper van are now starting to show ;)

Joseph William Baxter
*edit name, just for GK*

lpounds
2008-04-29, 04:01 AM
I always befriend the person no one likes (usually because he or she is weird or an outcast in someway). Now I have several friends who are extremely clingy due to the fact that I am their only.

SHAY_CAM
2008-04-29, 06:10 PM
Haha yeah. There were so many "unicycle for Christ" sigs, that I just had too...

LOL yeah i feel its pointless to worship a cloud. :D

Ducttape
2008-04-30, 04:08 AM
Well, lets see... I lack motivation to do a lot of things, I crack my knuckles,back,neck,knees, wrists, and ankles, I pick my nose, swear far too often, make jokes at the wrong times, think AFTER I speak, and eat far too much food(healthy and unhealthy)

ridethelobster2008
2008-04-30, 04:31 PM
I think that it's a safe bet just to let her complain. She's British and probably has reason too anyway. Everyone loves to complain about the opposite sex.

Me, I seem to attract women with boyfreinds who say they'll dump them or just not tell me till after we've fooled around. Noice.

Cheers.
Hey, man:
Thanks for your thoughts. We can only offer ideas. What anybody does with them we cannot know. It is good enough to know that you cared to post, Namaste.

With best regards from the right coast of Canada, where the world will ride the Lobster and we will have an amazing party. Why not come?
With best regards from (GMT-4),

William

beeper
2008-04-30, 10:06 PM
I pick scabs(not uncommon for me) an I bite my nails.

But my worst habit is laziness, and lack of self-motivation to do things I don't enjoy in order for a better future. I have the self-discipline of a rat on cocaine.

haha, are you sure you aren't my identical twin? You have every habit that I do. However I dont pick scabs. lol.

poofengle
2008-05-01, 05:03 AM

Sometimes it makes them mad, because they want to give up, but I wont let them. lol
Holy crap, I always do this. I've convinced three people to buy unicycles, and once they get 'em, I push them real hard to learn tricks so we can uni together at somewhat even levels. My friend nearly killed me one time when I pushed him too hard to overcome his extreme fear of heights. (I said something along the lines of "come on, even a p*ssy can drop 2 feet." whoops lol)

I also bite my lips and the inside of my cheeks, but that's not going to stop anytime soon

I bite my nails along with my cheeks and lips. I don't really know why, but i guess it gives me something to do.

I also swear and joke inappropriately alot with my friends, but I always restrain myself when elders/womenfolk are around. Unless I don't see them. That sometimes causes problems lol

Other than that I'm pretty clean. I don't pop my fingers anymore, I drink juices in lieu of pop, and I've pretty much given up b*king lol