PDA

View Full Version : The unispin tutorial to end all unispin questions

maximus unius
2006-12-11, 01:10 AM
Title says it. I have come up with a method for learning unispins that is completely foolproof. I will write it on 180's but the same exact tecnique can be used to learn 360's, and 540's I think. Ok, so I'm gonna break down unispins into each of it's tiniest elements which will only take a couple tries to get, and then all you have to do is put them together. O yeah, something I forgot is that you should be very comforable with hopping SIF. Here is an outline of the components of a unispin:

I. UNISPINS

a. 180 jump mount
1. jump mount
2. spin uni in air

b. no-footer
1. jump off pedals
2. kick feet out

c. 180 dismount
1. no-footer
2. spin uni in air
3. land on ground

180 JUMP MOUNT

The two necesary abilities to have when doing a 180 jump mount is 1. the jump mount, 2. spin the uni while you are in the air.

Jump Mount

Basicaly, stand infront of your uni with pedals in hopping position. Just jump on, landing SIF. This is pretty easy, and you should get it quickly.

Spin Uni In Air

You can start of by just jumping infront of your uni, not landing on the pedals, and spining the uni WHILE YOU ARE IN THE AIR. This is usless if you start spining the uni before you jump off the ground. Make sure you don't do that.

Now you can try the 180 jump mount. Jump off the ground, spin the uni AFTER YOU LEAVE THE GROUND, spot the cranks, and land on them.

NO- FOOTER

Jump off pedals

This is basic, but sometimes people find it kind of scary. Something that helps is to push down on the saddle a little bit to kind of boost yourself up into the air.

Kick Feet Out

Jumping off the pedals is useless unless you can get your feet out of the way of your spining wheel when you do the unispin. Mostly this is mentality. To gain confidence of having your feet high off the pedals you can jump off the pedals, kick you feet out as much as posible, and land on the ground instead of on the cranks. Really this part is all in your head.

Now just combine these two skills and you can do a no-footer.

180 DISMOUNT

This step really just re-enforces your ability to be in the air and spin your uni, but it is an important step. Dont skip it.

No-Footer

Just do a no footer.

Spin uni in air

Sound farmiliar? the step in 180 JUMP MOUNT.

Now just combine these steps and you have the 180 dismount.

180 UNISPIN

Thats right, you just learned how to do all the steps in a unispin. Now all you have to do is combine it all. Mount the uni, get SIF, hop a bit to get your balance, do a no-footer, spin the uni, and land on the cranks. This trick is really all in your head.

Hope I could help, and feel free to post any questions or PM me.

Spencer Hochberg
2006-12-11, 03:02 AM
Maybe that will help some people but like most tutorials people make, it pretty much just states the obvious.

Jump off uni, spin it, land back on...

Tomahawk
2006-12-11, 04:00 AM
You guys are making this trick a freakin' science!!! This is what you do:

1. Get seat in front
2. Jump off uni
> Spin uni with both hands
> Don't clip feet on cranks
3. Land on uni and ride off into the sunset

maximus unius
2006-12-11, 09:26 PM
I get that I'm stating the obvious, but I find it really easy to learn tricks if you break them down into each part. For example, I learned a 180 unispin in about 45 minutes. Thought I might just share with you guys, but apparently that isn't welcome on this site.

Spencer Hochberg
2006-12-11, 10:19 PM
I get that I'm stating the obvious, but I find it really easy to learn tricks if you break them down into each part. For example, I learned a 180 unispin in about 45 minutes. Thought I might just share with you guys, but apparently that isn't welcome on this site.
Our replies weren't attacking you. I was giving my opinion on your tutorial not saying that it is not welcome on the site. Don't be so sensitive.

maximus unius
2006-12-11, 10:30 PM
I know that you weren't attacking me in your posts. Just because it's stating the obvious doesn't mean it won't be helpful...

Tomahawk
2006-12-12, 12:39 AM
It was a good tut and all, but it made everything way more complicated than it really is. You don't need to learn how to 180 jump mount before trying a unispin, just jump, spin the uni around, then land on the pedals. The problem with all these noobs is that they don't want to put and time and effort into.

Jerrick
2006-12-12, 04:11 AM
I dont get how it makes it complicated by explaining.

He doesnt over explain it and use big words and go way into detail on excact rotation feet positioned angled to the frame, body position over the uni and all other stuff he could of added to confuse people.

You did a great job. Took the trick, broke it down into what it is to do one, briefly explained how to do those concepts, then put it back together.

Very nice.

Borgschulze
2006-12-12, 07:46 PM
I think this make it easier... what you people aren't realizing is that, you can already do it, and it's simple for you. For the people who can't Unispin yet, it is much harder than just jumping, spinning the unicycle, and landing back on the pedals.

Spencer Hochberg
2006-12-12, 09:04 PM
I think this make it easier... what you people aren't realizing is that, you can already do it, and it's simple for you. For the people who can't Unispin yet, it is much harder than just jumping, spinning the unicycle, and landing back on the pedals.
I remember when I learned unispins and it wasn't too hard. I think for learning them (like most uni tricks) you just have to figure it out. It is more of a memorized body movement than something somebody can just tell you how to do. The best way is to get some shin guards and go outside and try for a long time paying attention to what is going wrong and trying to fix it. Don't push down on the seat or it will shoot away, jump straight up, aim for the cranks. It is a simple movement but can take some time to get used to it and get the timing down.

onewheelinwierdo
2006-12-13, 07:35 PM
Yeah, what Spencer said^^^
I think a lot of the problem with all the people asking for tutorials is that they dont realize how easy stuff can be if you just try. They just gotta go outside and just go for it.
I did my first 180 after 25 minutes of hard work. I was really surprised at how easy it was.
Before I was one of the people who thought they had to have a tutorial to explain everything, but once I did one I felt a little silly that I asked so many questions about unispins.

With that said, Great job on the tutorial Maximus Unius. I think that if people read this, they'd be more likely not to post new threads. I really don't care if they do, but some people do get annoyed by that.

tobbogonist
2006-12-13, 07:57 PM
You guys are making this trick a freakin' science!!! This is what you do:

1. Get seat in front
2. Jump off uni
> Spin uni with both hands
> Don't clip feet on cranks
3. Land on uni and ride off into the sunset

i used your tutorial Tomahawk and now everytime i unispin i have to ride of into the bloody sunset. which limits the time of day i can perform them to no end :(

markf
2006-12-15, 03:53 AM
breaking things down into their parts often helps people get their heads around what's being done. and they can work on the part they're having problems with. i did (like most of you) and just practiced for 30-45 mins and landed one. not quite sure how, but i got one. after more practice i started figuring out some technical skills. like hand positions, how to get my legs out of the way to land in more consistantly etc. little stuff like that is what i look for when i read tutorials, not the simple mechanics, which can sometimes be helpful, especially if there's a way to practice them all separately.
i think about juggling tricks where there's a few different throws that you can do all separately, but when strung together look awesome.

Borgschulze
2006-12-23, 10:19 PM
i used your tutorial Tomahawk and now everytime i unispin i have to ride of into the bloody sunset. which limits the time of day i can perform them to no end :(
:rolleyes: Nice.

gordito8me
2006-12-23, 10:47 PM
I think the curve of the earth limits your ability to see for something like fourteen miles right? that's a long way to go on a unicycle every unispin.

mycatisonfire
2006-12-26, 08:35 PM
Hhmmm... any pointers on 360 unispins??

monkeyman
2007-01-09, 04:03 AM
Maximus unius, great tutorial. It might be stating the obvious, but at least we have somewhere to point the idiots who start the "lolz how do u do a unispin guyz kthxbye" threads to. This is how I learn tricks...if you can break everything down into little steps, getting over mental blocks is a lot easier. When I'm learning something, I have a pretty hard time getting over the mental blocks that just stop me from doing something mid-trick.

Good job

thejdw
2007-01-10, 06:03 PM
I'm still trying :(
Thanks for the tutorial ;)

Eddbmxdude
2007-01-11, 02:43 PM
It was a good tut and all, but it made everything way more complicated than it really is. You don't need to learn how to 180 jump mount before trying a unispin, just jump, spin the uni around, then land on the pedals.

I thought it made everything clear. I had never thought of trying a 180 jump mount as practice for a unispin before. I have been jumping and spinning the uni ever since I have been attempting unispins and it hasn't worked.

The problem with all these noobs is that they don't want to put and time and effort into.

I have put time and effort into learning unispins, but they still havent come to me yet. I am hardly a noob, and I found that having it broken down like this is very helpful.

The problem with these forums are people like you who don't want to put time and effort into helping a few of the newer (and not so new) people to the sport. Im getting sick of this, someone posts something that a few people don't agree with and they get jumped on. Can't you just grit your teeth and let people get on with it?

Great work Maximus, sure helped me, although I still can't do them! I shall keep trying!

Rock on!
Edd

maximus unius
2007-01-12, 09:44 PM
Thanks for all the positive response guys. I'm thinking of doing something like this for crankflips if I ever get around to them...

ivan
2007-01-13, 05:43 PM
I really liked your tutorial.

It breaks down the unispin nicely and gives you something to practice if you're too scared to try the actual unispin.

Thank you!

henkka
2007-01-13, 08:05 PM
I have tried it many weeks, but I don't get it. Maybe it's easier with trial tyre (I use 1.75" tyre). It's not far away anymore, like that haven't been in many weeks. That's good tutorial still and I can already do all that. I'm going to try 360 unispin jump mount, because that 180 unispin doesn't work. :rolleyes:

maximus unius
2007-03-14, 12:54 AM
Please let this stop people from making lame threads about how to do unispins. Seriously, this should be a sticky. Then there will be NO excuse for not seeing the tutorial corresponding with the questions. not even, "I didn't know how to use the search function".

cool-bananas
2007-03-14, 05:41 AM
great tutorial, personally i think the most important thing was to learn the 180 jump mount than just go for it. Also use shinys that will give you more confidence and make sure you either pull your feet up both of them or flick them both out i found i was pulling one up and one out and then when they both went up i did my first.

skilewis74
2007-03-15, 04:34 AM
I'm all about baby steps. That's how I was able to stick with it to learn how to ride. The whole thing was just too hard and overwhelming. Breaking it down into parts made it easier, then I focused on greater consistency and smoothness on that part. I practiced the all the parts seperately and getting a high suscess rate before combining them.

I don't think it's nessesary to kick your legs out if you pull them up high enough. I do think this part increases in importance as you move onto 360's and then 540's though.
Hhmmm... any pointers on 360 unispins??
Improve your success rate and smoothness of 180's.
Do multiple 180's.
Eliminate prehops.
Do them rolling.
Jump higher, spin faster, kick legs out more.

uniaddict
2007-03-19, 05:52 AM
Yeah, What really helped me was trying to get the 180 jump mount first and then after getting that just going for the unispin.

thejdw
2007-03-19, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, I can now do crank grabs! :D

henkka
2007-04-08, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the tutorial, I can now do crank grabs! :D
What? Did that tutorial help you to make crank grabs? :p Thanks for the tutorial, I can now do rolling and static 180 unispin and I'm practising 360 unispin.

forrestunifreak
2007-04-08, 04:41 PM
Regarding the 180 jump mount:

I can unispin and 360 unispin just fine, but even now I can hardly 180 jump mount, and I definitly cannot 360 jump mount. I don't think it is needed, nor do I really think it would help all that much.

thejdw
2007-04-08, 08:21 PM
What? Did that tutorial help you to make crank grabs? :p Thanks for the tutorial, I can now do rolling and static 180 unispin and I'm practising 360 unispin.
well I landed a pedal grab up 10 days ago so yes its helped

edit: just wondering are you male or female? :confused:

agentQ
2007-04-08, 09:31 PM
good write up..

I dont think it is over kill to break down a trick like that......
It in no way as simple as taking the seat out, jumping, spining the uni and landing. Sure after you learn the trick and get it down it may seam just so simple. Allthough for someone learningh, there are many factors; jumping higher, getting legs out further, spining faster, landing softer.

Also, IT IS A FACT that people learn by PROGRESSION, meaning one thing leads to another... it is alot easier to learn to unisipin if you can alreay ride the uni.
In a snowboard lesson they instructor has to show people how to strap into there bindings before they can go make turns... and is is a step by step progression of simple steps that leads to making turns. I think is is damn cool there is someone willing to write up a lesson and share it for free on here for people to learn. You think shaun white would be as good as he is if he didnt have a coach breaking tricks down for him to learn, at teh coast of his parents high dollar?
So breaking down any trick even riding straight into a few easier parts then putting those parts together for one final goal makes learning much much more easy for most people.....

Some people may be able to learn on there own by trial and error. For most of us, it helps to start with something simple and grow our talent from there.

unibuddy
2007-04-13, 04:41 PM
Yes, when you at eye level with the ocean, where the horizon meets the sky is 15 miles.

henkka
2007-04-15, 07:59 AM
well I landed a pedal grab up 10 days ago so yes its helped

edit: just wondering are you male or female? :confused:
I'm male. My name is Henri and Wikipedia says it's Harry in english, but I like more about Henry(name).

Are you sure that exactly (is that spelled correctly) this tutorial helped with pedal grap? Maybe it could help with 180 unispin pedal grap, but probably not with pedal grap.

unibikeling
2007-04-16, 02:58 AM
anyone know if I should just wear my reg elbow gaurds/helmet/gloves or should I add undershort padding and shingaurds?:confused: :mad: :rolleyes: ;) :p :o :cool: :)

for doing the unispins of course

Jerrick
2007-04-17, 09:13 AM
Shinguards definitely.

There will be plenty of pedals getting spun and smashed into your shin. Unless you want to have a bloody, ripped up, disfigured leg by the end of the day. :rolleyes:

sp4rky-m4rky
2007-04-17, 04:42 PM
Any pointers on how to spin the uni for 360 I have got 180s down easy but still cant do 360 becaue im not sure of how to position hands, which had comes off (if any) and details like that I have closly watched alot of videoes but most are too fast or dont show the hands, a simple step by step instruction of what the hands are ment to do as you spin the uni around would be greatly apretiated

Triball
2007-04-17, 06:00 PM
Yaay. So far I've got:
a1, b1 and the whole c:D
Just a bit to get the whole thing

CKCrowe
2007-04-18, 02:59 AM
I personallly think it is a great tutorial, genesis04 needs to see this one lol no offence dan.

sp4rky-m4rky
2007-04-21, 09:21 PM
please can someone reply stating clearly the stages that your hands go through for 360 unispins I can so nearly do them but fail because I swear my hands are doing the wrong thing, when I finaly nail it I am going to make a video tutorial purly on this because I believe it is the hardest part, its easy jumping up off the pedals and spotting your landing and landing on the pedals as its the same as 180 unispins but if you cant spin the uni its never going to work. I can spin the uni round fast but when I come to land Im not holding the seat secure enough and it comes out of my hand or my arm is twisted so it dosnt bend and it messes up my wrist, CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

fluxusmaximus
2007-04-22, 03:24 PM
I just learnt to unispin about a month back after almost a full month of regular practise (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXQlEYmwT6I) and having not read this thread before, I daresay that I might have learnt the trick somewhat faster if I had.

My progression was very similar except that I had to find out those same steps through trial and error. I haven't guts of steel like some of you guys here so I didn't have the courage to plunge straight on and Just Do It (tm). I tried to but went nowhere for a week or two until someone suggested I learn the 180 jump mount. I still can't do that really well now but it helped in giving me some semblance of courage to attempt to land a unispin.

Spencer had suggested to me to land my feet on the cranks because the surface area's larger. That was pretty good advice too I feel because that somehow made me more self-assured that I wasn't going to miss if I aim to land more inwards than I would have. However, til now, I've yet to actually manage to land on the cranks (I'd land on the pedals regardless of where I intend to land).

Spinning the uni isn't hard. It helps a lot to watch yourself on tape. I do that regularly to see where I've gone wrong and I noticed that I don't really need to be jumping *that* high to clear the tire and that the spin doesn't even need to be that fast. For 180 unispins, the spinning motion is more of a 'switch', somewhat like what you'd do to a steering wheel of the car.

Anyway, despite the long post, what I really want to say is, great work maximus_unius. And hey, we have similar nicks!

sp4rky-m4rky
2007-04-22, 06:54 PM
ok could someone at least post a vid of a 360 unispin? if you are able to show it in slow motion that would be great, I want to land this so much so please can you help

jamesmwebster10
2007-05-20, 02:11 PM
cheers that has really helped me. i can nearly do it now its just getting the confidence to jump high enough.

James

mouse
2007-06-03, 05:36 PM
This was really helpful. Anyone that thinks its "too specific" should write documentation more often as you have to be as specific as possible to write good instruction

1) remove pastries from plastic pouch
2) toast pop-tart

:p

wickedbob
2007-06-04, 01:18 AM
this needs to be stickied.....

henkka
2007-06-11, 10:29 AM
Regarding the 180 jump mount:

I can unispin and 360 unispin just fine, but even now I can hardly 180 jump mount, and I definitly cannot 360 jump mount. I don't think it is needed, nor do I really think it would help all that much.
That's funny... I can easily 180 unispin, 180 jump mount and 360 jump mount fine, but I can't 360 unispin yet.

sp4rky-m4rky
2007-06-11, 12:55 PM
I thought I had said this before but I cant see that I have, I have made a unispin video tutorial (http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM) to help you learn both 180 and 360 unispins. After no one could post a video showing me what I needed to do I have made a tutorial to help those who are learning. hope it helps you, feedback would be great.

henkka
2007-06-13, 09:26 PM
I thought I had said this before but I cant see that I have, I have made a unispin video tutorial (http://youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM) to help you learn both 180 and 360 unispins. After no one could post a video showing me what I needed to do I have made a tutorial to help those who are learning. hope it helps you, feedback would be great.
"Once you have 180s down it shouldn't take long to learn 360s as it's very similar."
I've practised 360s many months now and I still can't do more than 360 unispin jump mount. So yes, it takes long to learn 360s. I learned 180s in couple week, I think.

ivan
2007-06-15, 12:45 PM
"Once you have 180s down it shouldn't take long to learn 360s as it's very similar."
I've practised 360s many months now and I still can't do more than 360 unispin jump mount. So yes, it takes long to learn 360s. I learned 180s in couple week, I think.
It took me about half a year to learn 180 unispin and I've been practicing 360 for about a month now. On and off... I'm getting really close. I can do a 270 no problem. Both rolling and static.

fluxusmaximus
2007-06-15, 03:09 PM
i guess it depends on how your hands are positioned when you're learning 180s. I'm not getting 360s either.

sp4rky-m4rky
2007-06-15, 08:55 PM

can you do 180s consistantly? I found 360s easy to learn compared to 180s because I was used to jumping off, spining the uni and landing from doing 180s. I felt spinning the uni 360 instead of 180 didnt make it much harder. I guess thats just me though. good luck, hope you get it soon.

Jerrick
2007-06-17, 05:45 AM
can you do 180s consistantly? I found 360s easy to learn compared to 180s because I was used to jumping off, spining the uni and landing from doing 180s. I felt spinning the uni 360 instead of 180 didnt make it much harder. I guess thats just me though. good luck, hope you get it soon.

I never found going from 180 to 360 too hard either. I dont even need to jump higher or kick my feet out higher, just flick my wrist a little more and the uni spins the 360 in a fraction of a second, then I land back on.

I think the biggest thing to do, is dont be afraid to be jumping over your uni, with the uni spinning underneath you. Be confident your gonna land it, dont think "Im gonna smash my nuts, im gonna mess up, wont land right" That will jsut kill your motivation.

Mount, get ready, go for it, dont spend too much time hopping or your legs tire out and you wreck.

hobo_chuck
2007-06-17, 09:35 PM
jack nickleson yelled at me..........
:D

silentspoon
2007-06-20, 01:57 AM
Thanks for the great tutorial.

I always find that breaking down a trick\process into smaller steps makes it much easier to do, especially when that trick requires some confidence. Walking and turning on a slackline can be learned very quickly using this process (less than a day).

swatt4street
2007-06-20, 02:02 AM
cool thanx i can uni spin for shit

mouse
2007-10-29, 07:49 PM
bump for great justice

Geemee
2008-04-13, 09:55 AM
Hey!
Where are you people looking when doing 180 unispins? I really don't know where to point my view...

Hazmat
2008-04-13, 11:41 AM
Hey!
Where are you people looking when doing 180 unispins? I really don't know where to point my view...
:D Here's something that might you my good friend. (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53795) :D

Also i welcome you to the forums with open arms and mighty big hugs.

If you require assistance/help. Don't hesitate/feel free to ask me as i will always be here to help you with your unicycling problems to the best of my knowledge. By the way you can call me Harry if you want. But again, welcome to the forums.

So have fun, enjoy, relax and welcome to the wonderful world of unicycling. If you want to know what i'm like. Read my 1st signature line. :p

Your new friend. :D
Harry a.k.a HAZMAT

samsta002
2008-04-23, 04:08 AM
How long did it take you guys to learn 180s?
and i've seen in one tutorial, the kid lands on the cranks?
is this how your meant to land?

SkierAlex
2008-04-23, 08:34 AM
How long did it take you guys to learn 180s?
and i've seen in one tutorial, the kid lands on the cranks?
is this how your meant to land?

Took me 5 hours to land my first one, had them consistent a while after that. It's fine to land on the cranks, it's probably easier to land on the cranks when you're learning. Once you get better you land on the pedals every time.

samsta002
2008-05-12, 06:25 AM
I started learning last night and could 180 mount quite confidently before i took a fall and had my hand spasming for a while from a hard knock on my elbow
I was just out there again now and with my 180s, i noticed i was landing seat in? should i be landing SIF?
in a tutorial i watched the seat was so low it was half SI half SIF
Im holding off practicing, just incase i'm doing it wrong so a quick reply would be great
cheers

Unisykolist
2008-05-15, 10:51 PM
45 minutes?! thats pretty heeps extremely good. but did you master it? or could do it 50 % of the time? im learning to wheel walk fast and i dont know why, i seem to just be natural.

adjuggler
2008-06-03, 03:03 AM

Yeah, Unispins are mental like that in the early numbers... I haven't conquered them but in the last 2 hours I've gotten pretty close. :) After I got some leg protection the jumping off and spinning became so much easier. Hooray me :D

adjuggler
2008-06-05, 12:53 AM
Having some discrepancy with hand position... Does anyone have any tips on hand position or does it matter? (If the saddle were a clock I would have my right hand at 11 o'clock and my left at 7ish.... And sometimes I keep my left hand on the saddle the entire time...) Is there a right way to do this or is this ok until I improve?

tmoyer
2008-06-05, 02:17 AM
See this tutorial (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM).

adjuggler
2008-06-05, 04:00 AM
See this tutorial (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=gFCHDO1umlM).
yeah, but does hand position matter if you still land it?

tmoyer
2008-06-05, 03:30 PM
yeah, but does hand position matter if you still land it?

Landing it is landing it, as far as I'm concerned.

I assume you're spinning clockwise? I found it easiest if I didn't leave my back hand on the whole way. So front hand stays on the whole time. Back hand helps start the rotation then comes off and helps stop the rotation at the back of the seat - in the same place it started. Finish with both hands on the seat - say at 4 and 8 o'clock.

samsta002
2008-06-30, 08:30 AM
Is it a big problem learning with beefy unis?
I have the Quax muni which is around 6.5 kilos
Also, when learning 180s, is it best to start with the uni backwards for a "safer" landing? or is it better to get the clean natural take-off?

adjuggler
2008-06-30, 01:39 PM
Is it a big problem learning with beefy unis?
I have the Quax muni which is around 6.5 kilos
Also, when learning 180s, is it best to start with the uni backwards for a "safer" landing? or is it better to get the clean natural take-off?
Nah just start it the regular way, I've done tons and never have I "hit myself" in such a way with the front handle... Also I find it easier to start it the regular way.

Napoleon
2009-06-02, 10:42 AM
Hello guys, i' ve been off unicycling for several months but now i' m back having a try at unispin 180. I know to jump mount (180 jump mount feels like scary) and i am trying to have a proper no-footer to have a go for the actual thing. I 've been trying it for sth like 2 days, and my progress is really slow! Well, i'' l just continue and hope i will get better soon! Do you think knee guards like 661's are necessairy for such a trick? I have metal pedals and don't have any problems with pedal bites yet. However, won' t they help me to get rid of the fear? Any suugestions and tips are welcomed!:)

Sry for my english guys, i'm from Greece!

molehill
2009-06-02, 04:44 PM
Hello guys, i' ve been off unicycling for several months but now i' m back having a try at unispin 180. I know to jump mount (180 jump mount feels like scary) and i am trying to have a proper no-footer to have a go for the actual thing. I 've been trying it for sth like 2 days, and my progress is really slow! Well, i'' l just continue and hope i will get better soon! Do you think knee guards like 661's are necessairy for such a trick? I have metal pedals and don't have any problems with pedal bites yet. However, won' t they help me to get rid of the fear? Any suugestions and tips are welcomed!:)

Sry for my english guys, i'm from Greece!

Hi, when i first started them i coul barely do them after seeing the thread on pedal bites:( But after i got 661's i felt much more comfortable and it will also take different amounts of time do different people. Some people get it in a week some in a few months but for me it has taken 3 weeks and im at the ending stage where i land on the pedals and i got the seat but i then fall off and i cant ride on :p
By the way your english is good:D

Napoleon
2009-06-02, 06:47 PM
hehe, thanx! I am trying to do no-footer, i can jump quite high, but just cannot snap my feet in, maybe it' s out of fear, but i just can' t and i land on the ground! Anyway, i' ll keep at it (try to do a 180 jump mount) and if i make any progress i' ll purphase the 611's to gain some confidence! :)

molehill
2009-06-02, 06:57 PM
hehe, thanx! I am trying to do no-footer, i can jump quite high, but just cannot snap my feet in, maybe it' s out of fear, but i just can' t and i land on the ground! Anyway, i' ll keep at it (try to do a 180 jump mount) and if i make any progress i' ll purphase the 611's to gain some confidence! :)

yer well what i also found for the 180 jump mount find some kind of low platform thats higher than the ground but not ultra high preferably in your backgarden but otherwise anywere then stand on the top with uni on the ground. Jump as high as you can using the seat as a vault then spin the uni(cause you are higher from the platformer you can jump higher:D) Then look down and while your in the air position your feet so they will land on the pedals(Some people say land on the cranks but i find that i bash the bone on the side of my foot on the forks of the frame) So do wichever one you prefer then try to land on pedals. For the first few trys i landed it then jumped off because otherwise balancing then trying to ride off is another 2 things to remember so first master getting on the pedals then master cycling off :D

canadauni
2010-06-06, 01:05 AM
Hey guys just wondering when landing back on the pedals should the uni still be n the air or can the uni land on the ground then me on pedals/cranks?

Thanks

NorthWesternMonkey
2012-03-01, 03:57 PM
I think this helps more than it hinders. Sure it drags it out a bit more, but it is easier to understand each step.

CJCrates
2012-06-18, 11:37 AM
Hey guys, I'd like to ask if this is do-able with a 26" tyre? I've been riding for about 6 months now and started off thinking that a big Muni tyre would be best for riding round, but now I feel like I want to at least know how to unispin or something so I've got something to show when a passer by yells "do a trick!".

26" might seem a huge size to do a unispin but I am 6'8", if that's going to help more than the tyre is a hindrance. I think the biggest thing is that I've not yet properly attempted the trick as 45 for a pair of unicyclist shin guards is quite deer.

UniVNG
2012-06-18, 08:17 PM
Watch this ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwiHVsvhW3Q

imperfekt
2012-10-05, 03:37 AM
I think the curve of the earth limits your ability to see for something like fourteen miles right? that's a long way to go on a unicycle every unispin.

by the time you've gone 14 miles on a uni, it will probably be sunset on the next day :P

muni123
2012-10-14, 03:47 AM
I've been trying to land 3spins for like 3 months and I still can get them. I'm landing with my feet parallel so my back foot lands on the pedal and my front foot misses. Any help would be appreciated.