PDA

View Full Version : Jumping Rope

Ariel
2006-08-06, 04:34 AM
I've seen many people jumping rope on a unicycle(by themselves, not with anyone aiding them)... any tips on how to do it? Or, more simply, how do you jump without using your hands?

zfreak220
2006-08-06, 05:17 PM
squeeze the seat with your legs

zachjowi
2006-08-06, 06:25 PM
I can jump rope and pogo stick

john_childs
2006-08-07, 08:15 AM
Squeeze the seat with your thighs. Keep your knees close together (near each other).

Another tip is to wedge the toe of one shoe and the heel of the other shoe under the cranks. That will give you some additional leverage to keep you in contact with the unicycle.

artemis
2006-08-09, 08:32 PM
Practice hopping without your hands until you can get pretty decent height and speed. Then grab a rope. You want it to be pretty long but not too long or it will get caught on your seat. Also, you don't need to hop that high to clear the rope. Start spinning the rope slowly. Hope this helps:) .

Wens
2008-05-21, 12:41 PM
From what I read (http://www.discussfitness.com/forums/f4/jump-roping-for-cardio-30384.html)you should "play" with the rope speed in order to increase and decrease your heart rate. I was pretty surprised to read that jummp roping is better for the nees than running.

samsta002
2008-05-31, 03:19 AM
Stand on the cranks and hop no handed
This also looks good when your on a high, small object- hopping no handed
Try getting some friends to do the rope at first
i did a duo at a circus school performance with another unicyclist doing skipping with other people spinning the rope

Unisykolist
2008-05-31, 05:04 AM
When i try and hop no handed, my legs slowly untighten and i end up jumping on the pedals and falling off. Is it because of my pants? Also when jumping is it like when normal skipping you do a little jump then a big jump then little then big?