PDA

View Full Version : KH gel or normal KH saddle

manon1wheel
2005-10-09, 10:27 PM
i was wondering if the gel saddle whas less durable or more durable than the normal one. they are the same price. any info appreciated:)

manon1wheel
2005-10-10, 03:51 AM
buummmmmmmmmmmmmmmp

Gilby
2005-10-10, 05:34 AM
They have the same durability... same cover, same base, different padding. However, the gel seats might be manufactered from a newer batch, simply because there may be old stock of the normal one, and they have gotten more durable over the years with slight modifications.

And please don't bump threads.

manon1wheel
2005-10-10, 02:42 PM
ok thx gilby. sorry about bumping, i didnt know we werent aloud to do it
Riley

Spudman
2005-10-25, 03:30 AM
Has anyone even tried out the KH Gel seat? It looks thinner and easier to hold for SIF hops, but is it still fairly soft? Durable?

I think I want one, but how good are they?

Oh yeah, here (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=2&subcat=68&cat=Kris+Holm+Saddles&L2=Saddles+%26+components&L3=Saddles&L4=Kris+Holm+Saddles)they are, next to the old ones.

mscalisi
2005-10-25, 04:25 AM
Yep, its thinner, but not more comfortable. Durability should be the same.

Has anyone even tried out the KH Gel seat? It looks thinner and easier to hold for SIF hops, but is it still fairly soft? Durable?

I think I want one, but how good are they?

Oh yeah, here (http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=2&subcat=68&cat=Kris+Holm+Saddles&L2=Saddles+%26+components&L3=Saddles&L4=Kris+Holm+Saddles)they are, next to the old ones.

fexnix
2005-10-25, 06:53 AM
Yep, its thinner, but not more comfortable. Durability should be the same.

I think so too

Arking
2005-11-29, 12:25 AM
Kh gel, or UDC gel depending on where you buy it is a great seat. I just bought one and Im loving it.

Much easier to hold, much stiffer and in my opinion more comfortable. I went from a super squishy old style Velo seat which I loved to death to this one and Im impressed. The reduced profile dosent seem to impact comfort at all for me. Also a tad lighter than my old seat and the new style handle rocks. Overall the best seat out there in my opinion. Possible the Koxx one which is similar out does it, but I wouldnt know. Certainely my choice for seat out/street.

Rob

Jimwahhh
2005-12-08, 06:27 AM
mmm, i desperately need a new seat, im starting to do longer trips an it hurts after a pretty short while. atm im thinking bout a KH saddle (not gel) but all this talk bout gel has gotten me excited. where are they the same price? on unicycle.com they are $10 more expensive, but its a present from my bro, an well, im not that greedy.

also are there any other seats i should consider? i would assume the KH one will be the way to go, but just wanna check. i have a viscount one atm.

oh an arking, im in sydney too, where bouts are you? an do u know any good shops round sydney? im in mona vale.

Seager
2006-01-16, 06:11 AM
Can I dissect it? I want to take it apart, put on my stiffener plate and reeder handle and then rebuild it (with a fusion cover if needed) The gel is removable like foam, right? This would be no problem?

irvinegr
2006-04-17, 02:50 PM
well i dont kow if i should get. gel kh, fusion kh, or standard kh..... money isnt an issue, so which would be best for alround riding, some street trials, and maybe a little distance. i read from some thread gel isnt the best, then here it seems to be the best?,..

john_childs
2006-04-17, 08:04 PM
well i dont kow if i should get. gel kh, fusion kh, or standard kh..... money isnt an issue, so which would be best for alround riding, some street trials, and maybe a little distance. i read from some thread gel isnt the best, then here it seems to be the best?,..
What type of riding do you do? Muni, long muni rides, Coker, trials, freestyle, street?

Keep in mind that the KH seats are on a constant upgrade path. Little things get changed for each batch as Kris comes up with better or new ideas to improve the seat.

My preference would be to get one of the Fusion style seats that have a removable cover. The removable cover makes it easy to fiddle with the foam to get it just the way you like it. Replace the plastic seat base with a KH style carbon fiber base. Put the KH foam on, trim it down if you want, slip the Fusion seat cover on and enjoy. Later you can change to whatever the latest improved foam design is. The most recent KH Fusion seats have a thinner dual density foam. The original Fusion seats have a single density foam. The next generation of Fusion seats will likely have an even newer foam design.

When the new seats come out, if you like the new foam you can buy the seat, take out the foam, add it to your deluxe CF Fusion seat and be happy again. An easy upgrade path. It gets expensive, but having a seat that you really like is worth it if you ride alot.

irvinegr
2006-04-20, 08:06 PM
WOO HOO i just ordered a gel kh seat from bedford, right now i am thinking i hope it fits. i have a kh standard on now, so this kh gel one will fit right??

litldude2
2006-04-20, 09:48 PM
Yeah, it will fit.

forrestunifreak
2006-04-21, 12:56 AM
So were do you buy gel seats? UDC doesn't list anything like that.

kapoute
2006-04-21, 01:25 PM
So were do you buy gel seats? UDC doesn't list anything like that.

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

manon1wheel
2006-04-22, 07:45 PM
wow, this thread is OLD... before i hd my torker dx