PDA

View Full Version : The Home Gallery

UniTyler
2005-03-22, 01:25 AM
Due to popular demand on another thread, I give you the home gallery. Just post pictures of your house/trailer/mobile/apartment/overpass/etc! Here's mine:

shibumi
2005-03-22, 02:07 AM
I just closed on this house recently including the 5 yards of land surrounding it. I can't move in yet.....I'm still waiting for the door that I ordered last week.

UniTyler
2005-03-22, 02:20 PM
WOW, this thread is really taking off......c'mon...POST!!! [pwease]

zod
2005-03-22, 02:45 PM
The only shots I could find is background shots of the back of my house.....

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albus81/2_tiles_pz_1_9_2005.jpg

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/albux54/roller5.jpg

paco
2005-03-22, 02:50 PM
Forget the house, Zod; that's a very nice yard! I wouldn't ever be in the house with a setup like that outside.

Oh, and by the way, you might want to get rid of those b*kes before the property value goes down... ;)

zod
2005-03-22, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by paco
Oh, and by the way, you might want to get rid of those b*kes before the property value goes down... ;)

If you're ever in NC you are more than welcome to come ride at my place.

I'm a unicyclist's among bikers........you west coasters don't know how lucky you are to have some many of ya in one area. I'm one of about 5 mountain unicyclists in the Carolinas

TheObieOne3226
2005-03-22, 02:55 PM
I think this is part of my room...it's under there somewhere.

http://img17.exs.cx/img17/5703/imag00037xv.jpg

UniBrier
2005-03-22, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by shibumi
I just closed on this house recently including the 5 yards of land surrounding it. I can't move in yet.....I'm still waiting for the door that I ordered last week. Is the basement move-in ready?

shibumi
2005-03-22, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by UniBrier
Is the basement move-in ready?

Basement!! That's what I forgot to tell the contractor. Maybe when I re-finance next year i'll add a basement. I'll be renting out the attic space as a studio apt though.:p

chosen
2005-03-22, 04:41 PM
thats a real nice house tyler. i live on base. sigh....

yoopers
2005-03-22, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by shibumi
Basement!! That's what I forgot to tell the contractor. Maybe when I re-finance next year i'll add a basement. I'll be renting out the attic space as a studio apt though.:p

Be sure to stop in my office for a building permit. Just make out the check to me. I'll make sure it gets paid.....

einradflummis
2005-03-22, 05:47 PM
This is my families house, and in front of it Annika. The german houses look so different then your houses.
Sarah

brockfisher05
2005-03-22, 06:03 PM
this is where I live

DigitalDave
2005-03-22, 06:12 PM
I lived under this .... until someone took it.

JJuggle
2005-03-22, 06:27 PM
The red arrow marks my house. We are comfortably nestled between the New Jersey Transit Train tracks and the Garden State Parkway.

chosen
2005-03-23, 12:49 AM
zod. thats hott.

DK
2005-03-23, 02:31 AM
I like yer steup zod. Mine is gnar kill steep and isn't as nicely made. I am bad and use living trees and stuff for support, but it gets expensive using cut lumber- How much $ have you spent so far?

uni57
2005-03-23, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by JJuggle
The red arrow marks my house. What does the other red mark indicate? The Dunkin Donuts? Nah, too close.

JJuggle
2005-03-23, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by uni57
What does the other red mark indicate? The Dunkin Donuts? Nah, too close. That was put there by the program. I don't know what it indicates.

uni57
2005-03-23, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by JJuggle
That was put there by the program. I don't know what it indicates. Hmph. Go look at what's there in person. And if there's nothing there, start digging! That red blotch must indicate the presence of something interesting.

digitalattrition
2005-03-23, 05:20 AM
My guess is buried treasure. I mean, New Jersey was a haven for pirates :p

bombsquad
2005-03-23, 05:52 AM
I have got you all beat. Check out this bad boy...

JJuggle
2005-03-23, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by digitalattrition
My guess is buried treasure.Ok, I went back to the site. It's a pushpin and it indicates where the address entered is. Apparently for a development like mine they only have one location that is considered the site. I mean, New Jersey was a haven for pirates :p Still is, we just call them our elected officials now.

zod
2005-03-23, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by DK
I like yer steup zod. Mine is gnar kill steep and isn't as nicely made. I am bad and use living trees and stuff for support, but it gets expensive using cut lumber- How much $ have you spent so far?

I don't use any living trees for support ever, that's one of my main goals. Typically when you see something supported by live trees it is because the builder wanted to get it done quick so they could get to riding..........which usually translates to being unsturdy/built poorly. Plus although I am far from being a treehugger I still don't want to damage the trees on my land.

I'm not sure how much bread I've spent on lumber? For the most part the only lumber I really buy is landscape timbers which I use for support legs because they're strong and will not rot in the ground(all our supports are at least 18" in the ground). I don't really like to think about it but I guess I've probably spent around a $1000 between buying timbers and square drive screws.......I don't use nails. The rest of the lumber we pick up here and there.........dumpster diving, begging, etc. One really good connection I have is a dude who works for a company that lays cable. He gets me all the spools I want, plus he breaks them down for me in his spare time and saves the slats at his house so I can come over and get them when he has a nice collection. Spool slats rock for decking runners b/c they're a great width (about 20 inches) and they're curved on top so water rolls off of them. The picture of the roller is decked in spool slats.

GILD
2005-03-23, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by zod
Plus although I am far from being a treehugger I still don't want to damage the trees on my land. sorry Zod, your petticoat is shining thru
u sound like (at least) a newbie tree-hugger to me
:p

do u spend most of your riding time on that set-up riding uni or mtb?

zod
2005-03-23, 01:16 PM
Mainly mountain bike, I suck on a uni on north shore stuff.....plus I have no real drive since there's no other unicyclists around to push me

GILD
2005-03-23, 01:53 PM
might be time to start organising 'Zod's North Shore Uni Weekend' so u can attract a bunch of unicyclists to your backyard
that lawn seems like it will put up with a fair bit of camping

DK
2005-03-23, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by zod
Mainly mountain bike, I suck on a uni on north shore stuff.....plus I have no real drive since there's no other unicyclists around to push me
NS is HARD on a uni... most of my stuff has a steep uphill on the ladders and youy have to have a lot of momentum to get up it.

I'll try using the spool slats. I have been using some pallet boards, but they arte a pain to rip off, cut then get the old nails out. Since I am building higher and higher, I need to start building more "proper"

forrestunifreak
2005-03-23, 09:11 PM
Forget the houses.this is turning into a "home trials course" gallery.:)

no,NS stuff is hareder on a bike. downright impossible.What are you thinking?

yoopers
2005-03-24, 03:05 AM
I've posted this before. The only updates are that the green Dakota was a company truck and disappeared with the layoff three years ago. Then, Riley, the Golden Retriever by the van, now resides permanently in the far corner of the backyard about 5 feet down.

Tyler, my room starts at the edge of the driveway and ends at the fence along the back lot line...since I'm paying for it. :)

Unitik908
2005-03-24, 03:17 AM
Bruce your house looks so cozy and nice.. to bad i dont know how to put picture on here.. or i would show you my house but i can tell you that i have a giant 86 year old wooden door and its round at the top its very hobbit like..
God this is like the 8th new page ive gotten in like 2 days..

Chase

DK
2005-03-24, 03:18 AM
Bruce has a roach coach...:D

yoopers
2005-03-24, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Unitik908
Bruce your house looks so cozy and nice..

Actually, there's an addition on the rear that really adds a lot of space. It's a little bigger inside I think than what it appears to be from the front. It's been our home now for 15 years.

Bruce

yoopers
2005-03-24, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by DK
Bruce has a roach coach...:D

The travel trailer?

Fuego
2005-03-24, 03:29 AM
bruce, youre house serously creeps me out. My grandparents had a house EXACTLY like it. same brick basement deal with 2 windows, same windows on an overhang above that, same door placement, same picture window on the front by the sidewalk to the door, same size, same lawn, and same color EXACTLY. Yours is missing the garage though, but the driveway is in the exact same place. it's creepy. really creepy, because they sold it recently.

yoopers
2005-03-24, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Fuego
Yours is missing the garage though
There's a 2 car detached garage at the back of the driveway.

Where was your grandparents' house?

Unitik908
2005-03-24, 03:42 AM
i guess i missused cozy i guess i ment more "homely" than anything

Chase

yoopers
2005-03-24, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Unitik908
i guess i missused cozy i guess i ment more "homely"

Thanks. I think you intended to use the word "homey" but that's okay, I know what you meant. :)

Bruce

Fuego
2005-03-24, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by yoopers
Where was your grandparents' house?

In Lakewood colorado, a suburb type place near denver.

EDIT: I'd give you a pic, but I seem to not have any.

zod
2005-03-24, 12:22 PM
OK, I found a pic of the front of my house on my counties GIS webpage......not the best shot in the world but better than nothing :D

http://www.imgpost.com/uploads/74af421664.jpg

UniTyler
2005-03-24, 02:40 PM
That is like the dream driveway for freestylists!

bugman
2005-03-24, 11:34 PM
Lright, I finally searched around on my PC for a couple of pics...
I'll take a few more when everything starts greening up.

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album526/house_30May04.thumb.jpg

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album526/IMG_1759.thumb.jpg

http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/album526/IMG_1757.thumb.jpg

dubmuni2004
2005-03-25, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by zod
The only shots I could find is background shots of the back of my house.....

...............you lucky bastard....

Seager
2005-03-25, 01:44 AM
No adults here have felt to need to mention to Tyler that an 11 year old SHOULD NOT be posting pictures of himself and his house all over the internet? Especially a rather niave 11 year old?

Guys, this kid is going to get himself abducted. His parents (if they even know about it) SHOULD NOT be letting him do this. Who knows what creep is might be lurking an innocent little forum like this?

If your 18, hell, even 16, go for it, but not at 11.

bugman
2005-03-25, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Seager
No adults here have felt to need to mention to Tyler that an 11 year old SHOULD NOT be posting pictures of himself and his house all over the internet? Especially a rather niave 11 year old?

Guys, this kid is going to get himself abducted. His parents (if they even know about it) SHOULD NOT be letting him do this. Who knows what creep is might be lurking an innocent little forum like this?

If your 18, hell, even 16, go for it, but not at 11.

First off, there has to be 1,000's of houses that looks like his, so I don't think it is that likely anyone will be able to track him down via a picture. Now if he posted his address and phone number were going to jump in. If a predator is looking for a target, there are a whole lot easier ways to find one than a picture of a house on the internet.

Seager
2005-03-25, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by bugman
First off, there has to be 1,000's of houses that looks like his, so I don't think it is that likely anyone will be able to track him down via a picture. Now if he posted his address and phone number were going to jump in. If a predator is looking for a target, there are a whole lot easier ways to find one than a picture of a house on the internet.

Yea, but how many houses in port orchard, washington? Zooming in on the pictures I can make out 2 of the numbers of his address. Searching whitepages.com I see there are 10 cox's in his town. I can easily cross reference the numbers I can make out and the addresses on the website and find his home address. If that didn't work I could drive to the 10 houses and find it that way. If that doesn't work I could search Lawyers with the name "Cox" in his home town. (he said somewhere else his parents are lawyers)

IT'S EASY!

5 minutes and I know where this kid lives. We already know his parents have money (birthday threads, pictures of his house, lawyer parents, etc) which makes him a target. A DAMN EASY TARGET since anyone with a passing skill at the internet could do what I did. An abducter could probably do a much better job.

Bottom line, it's dangerous and he shouldn't be putting his name, home town, pictures of himself and his house on the internet. That's internet safety for an 11 year old 101.

Murde Mental
2005-03-25, 02:54 AM
By George! You've given me an idea! I guess I'll finally be able to afford that Coker after all!

DK
2005-03-25, 03:23 AM
The travel trailer?
No, the van... Its kind of an inside joke/ local thing

yoopers
2005-03-25, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Murde Mental
By George! You've given me an idea! I guess I'll finally be able to afford that Coker after all!
You beat me to it. Wasn't Kristine looking for a money making scheme on another thread?

yoopers
2005-03-25, 04:58 AM
Originally posted by DK
No, the van... Its kind of an inside joke/ local thing

Okay, I won't ask.

I do like my vehicles big. The Dakota has been replaced by a full-size 4x4 Chevy truck.

'Round here, the roach coach is the food truck that shows up on construction jobsites to feed the workers on their breaks.

zod
2005-03-25, 12:06 PM
Who knows what creep might be lurking an innocent little forum like this?

You mean Jagur?? :D ;)

bugman
2005-03-25, 03:22 PM
Yea, but how many houses in port orchard, washington? Zooming in on the pictures I can make out 2 of the numbers of his address. Searching whitepages.com I see there are 10 cox's in his town. I can easily cross reference the numbers I can make out and the addresses on the website and find his home address. If that didn't work I could drive to the 10 houses and find it that way. If that doesn't work I could search Lawyers with the name "Cox" in his home town. (he said somewhere else his parents are lawyers)

IT'S EASY!

5 minutes and I know where this kid lives. We already know his parents have money (birthday threads, pictures of his house, lawyer parents, etc) which makes him a target. A DAMN EASY TARGET since anyone with a passing skill at the internet could do what I did. An abducter could probably do a much better job.

Bottom line, it's dangerous and he shouldn't be putting his name, home town, pictures of himself and his house on the internet. That's internet safety for an 11 year old 101.

Well aren't we the little internet investigator. There are a lot of ifs, and I just don't think that is how sicophants work. They are opportunists, and that seems to be quite a stretch.

The biggest problem with child abductions is child molesters, so how much money his family makes is irrelavant. As for kidnapping? I am sure there are bigger fish to fry. I don't think sculking around the internet would be nearly as easy as going to local bus stop or mall. Besides the fact that the person searching would have to have a geographical proximity to the intended target. How likely is it that someone in IA, or GA is going to drive all the way to OR to find someone. Or how likely is it that a predator in his home town, would stumble accross this site? Odds are he is at greater risk driving to and from school. Besides the fact that most internet preditors try to establish a relationship online with the target prior to meeting/abducting.

Should he be careful about what info he puts on the internet, sure, but has he done anything that would make him a target? I don't think so.

Seager
2005-03-25, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bugman
Well aren't we the little internet investigator. There are a lot of ifs, and I just don't think that is how sicophants work. They are opportunists, and that seems to be quite a stretch.

The biggest problem with child abductions is child molesters, so how much money his family makes is irrelavant. As for kidnapping? I am sure there are bigger fish to fry. I don't think sculking around the internet would be nearly as easy as going to local bus stop or mall. Besides the fact that the person searching would have to have a geographical proximity to the intended target. How likely is it that someone in IA, or GA is going to drive all the way to OR to find someone. Or how likely is it that a predator in his home town, would stumble accross this site? Odds are he is at greater risk driving to and from school. Besides the fact that most internet preditors try to establish a relationship online with the target prior to meeting/abducting.

Should he be careful about what info he puts on the internet, sure, but has he done anything that would make him a target? I don't think so.

I've got to respectfully disagree most of what you just said. :) I'd disagree that they are opportunists, I would say they plan what they are going to do. Also, he is "near portland" which is way more dangerous than say, the middle of Iowa.

Tyler would also be a good target because he's extremely naive and apparently not parentally supervised. You think it'd be hard to talk that kid into the back of your car, or talk him into meeting you off-line? Not at all, especially if I were pretending to be his age. The posting of all his personal information only makes it easier. Heck, one could even argue that makes him a target because it shows how naive he is and how easy he would be. Lots of people resent people with money as well, so that would just sweeten the bait.

I would just say it wouldn't HURT him to not post his home town WITH his real name, and not post pictures of his house. That wouldn't really hinder his existence on this board, and it would make him much safer. If he were to exercise a little discretion it wouldn't harm anything. Right now he is acting like a poster child for internet molestation. I doubt his parents would approve. Would you let your kid post stuff like this on an Internet message board?

sarah.miller
2005-03-25, 08:26 PM
But how do we KNOW tylercox IS an 11 year old boy who lives in where ever, all we have to go is whats been posted on the internet. That lot could have been posted by an 18 year old woman living in Finland. Or a 40 year old man in America.

What the heck, I thought it was quite an interesting thread, bit american, but still interesting to see the kind of houses people live in around the world and how the styles differ by country. If I could find any exterier shots of my house I'd join in.
Sarah
On the internet nobody knows your a dog

Seager
2005-03-25, 09:48 PM
Hehe, if tyler cox is a 40 year old woman I wonder where all the pictures of the little kid are coming from...

:)

That's even creapier...

yoopers
2005-03-25, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by sarah.miller
interesting to see the kind of houses people live in around the world and how the styles differ by country.
I agree, Sarah. I've always been interested in differences between cultures. Learning about it this one way helps make up for my lack of ability to travel to different places in the world.

B

sarah.miller
2005-03-29, 07:20 PM
So this is the front of my home. Looks quite small doesn't it.
Sarah

sarah.miller
2005-03-29, 07:22 PM
Untill you realise that we live on a hill side and the back of the house drops down the hill. So at the front we have 1 floor and at the back 2.5.

The green house hides the door to the cellar, the living room is at the top opening out onto the terrace behind the white wall. There ARE a lot of steps tho.
Sarah

kristine
2005-03-30, 04:43 AM
You beat me to it. Wasn't Kristine looking for a money making scheme on another thread?
yes yes I was... and happy to report, still poor! hehe

yoopers
2008-03-10, 03:12 PM
still interesting to see the kind of houses people live in around the world and how the styles differ by country.
Thought I'd resurrect this old thread to see if there was any interest. I love to see the difference in cultures and lifestyles. Post pics of where your abode. (younger folk should be cautious of posting TMI, though)

The Edwards' home (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showpost.php?p=290734&postcount=30) except the vehicles have long since changed.

hugo
2008-03-10, 03:35 PM
Uuuummm...

I guess people do not really like to post their pictures here, because everybody can see this.

So, here is my property :D

yoopers
2008-03-10, 03:56 PM
I guess people do not really like to post their pictures here, because everybody can see this.
Some do worry about it and some don't. I have no fears except for my soccer players TP'ing my house because now they know which one's mine. :D

sugarloafur
2008-03-10, 04:44 PM
This is my family's house in north-western Maine. My dad and I built it from the ground up. The only major part of construction that we hired out was digging the hole for the foundation. We started building in the mid 90s and we just finished all major projects last year. These shots were taken a few weeks ago after a big storm.

From the other side:

The shots were more artistic... but I bumped up the shadows so you can see the whole thing.

EDIT: This is the view off our back porch... We live on top of an esker.

yoopers
2008-03-10, 04:57 PM
Yowser! That's beautiful! Got room for me to live in the basement?

They say that the only difference between Upper Michigan and Maine is fresh water vs. salt water. Other than that, it's all gorgeous country.

Do you have any photos of the home in the daylight?

sugarloafur
2008-03-10, 05:29 PM
Yowser! That's beautiful! Got room for me to live in the basement?

They say that the only difference between Upper Michigan and Maine is fresh water vs. salt water. Other than that, it's all gorgeous country.

Do you have any photos of the home in the daylight?

I don't have any daylight shots here in digital... we do have an album of the progression as we built it... maybe I'll find some more sometime.

yoopers
2008-03-10, 05:57 PM
I don't have any daylight shots here in digital... we do have an album of the progression as we built it... maybe I'll find some more sometime.
Hey, that would be great! If you want, there's also a home project or construction thread http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67338

kington99
2008-03-10, 06:08 PM
My previous residence, my room was at the top of the tower with the bay windows. Sorry but can't find a photo of my current housing on the internet, and weather's too crappy for a picture.

kington99
2008-03-10, 06:14 PM
and live here part of the year:

orbis
2008-03-11, 05:16 PM
I try to keep away from the outside(its ugly)

http://www.hpadesign.com/img/photos525/200029004.jpg

steveyo
2008-03-12, 01:35 AM
"They" would be wrong. There's a lot more vertical feet in the hills in Maine. Both are gorgeous, though.

Here's our house. The white Subaru and the birch tree in back have both bitten the dust since this pic was snapped from outer space.

dudewithasock
2008-03-12, 01:47 AM
and live here part of the year:

I think the broccoli surrounding your house is preparing an ambush...

GILD
2008-03-12, 07:25 AM
This is my family's house in north-western Maine.
That is an incredibly beautifull home.

The view isn't half bad either.

Jerrick
2008-03-12, 07:36 AM
This is my family's house in north-western Maine. My dad and I built it from the ground up. The only major part of construction that we hired out was digging the hole for the foundation. We started building in the mid 90s and we just finished all major projects last year. These shots were taken a few weeks ago after a big storm.

From the other side:

The shots were more artistic... but I bumped up the shadows so you can see the whole thing.

EDIT: This is the view off our back porch... We live on top of an esker.

Wow. Id love to live there.

I know with that view, id always have a thought in the back of my head to just hike over to that snowy section way out there. Noing me, id just pack up one day and head over there. =p

Thats an amazing house.

sugarloafur
2008-03-12, 04:45 PM
I know with that view, id always have a thought in the back of my head to just hike over to that snowy section way out there. Noing me, id just pack up one day and head over there. =p

I get the urge too... so I put on some snowshoes and go bushwhacking.

The Appalachian trail runs over most of the range, so there are plenty of great hiking trials in the area.

thejdw
2008-03-12, 07:17 PM
Its not much, but I call it home.