PDA

View Full Version : kh/onza hub and cranks


General Dibbles
2005-02-26, 03:06 AM
They're very sturdy i've done quite a few 5+ foot drops and they're fine, I also like that the cranks come in 127mm which i think is much better for street, They don't have a pinch bolt which is a big plus, and there is no nub to speak of.

brockfisher05
2005-02-26, 06:43 PM
yeah my dad's got a pair of them they are so nice

mango
2005-02-26, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by General Dibbles
...They don't have a pinch bolt which is a big plus....

Why dont you like pinch bolts? I am kinda neutral on the topic. Just curious.
-e

General Dibbles
2005-02-27, 01:07 AM
i grind on the back foot, so i would grind on the pinch bolt, which would dig into a concrete ledge and stop/slow me down, and after a lot of grinds the pinch bolt became a little deformed

UNIquelyCanadian
2005-03-02, 04:21 PM
I like the Q-factor of the new cranks. It makes a difference for me by keeping my feet away from the hub.

They seem very strong, I have only done 4í drops at 170lbs, but I have had no problem. However I think I donít have the bolts tight enough since if I hop with the other foot forward I hear a popping noise.

The only "problem" I have noticed in the design is that the laser etched logo on the cranks allows them to rust.

In my opinion, the hub and cranks are great.
:)

loosejello
2005-03-06, 10:48 PM
I am most likely getting one of these hub/cranksets for my new muni. Am I also going to have to get a KH frame to fit the 42 mm bearings? Or can I use a different size of bearings to fit a different frame?

General Dibbles
2005-03-08, 03:35 AM
i've got a bedford frame with 40mm bearings on the kh/onza hub with 42mm bearings and i have no problems

ColDawG
2005-03-18, 05:18 PM
How do you like your bedford? Is it a 24''?
I'm thinkin of gettin a bedford black 24" MUni w/ KH cranks and an orange rim. Think that'd be good?
I'm still also considering the 2005 KH Freeride 24''

2wheelsarebetterthen1
2005-03-23, 03:21 AM
what up g homi lo.
You know how we do, chill wit da crew
It's the man with the master plan, I'm here to sike you out with the mic in my hand.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

DK
2005-03-24, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by 2wheelsarebetterthen1
what up g homi lo.
You know how we do, chill wit da crew
It's the man with the master plan, I'm here to sike you out with the mic in my hand.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Bikes own, but BMX is lame. Street mtb is betta fool.

TheObieOne3226
2005-03-26, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by General Dibbles
i grind on the back foot, so i would grind on the pinch bolt, which would dig into a concrete ledge and stop/slow me down, and after a lot of grinds the pinch bolt became a little deformed


Thats what happened to me exactly.