PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Reeder handle

unipsychogirl
2004-07-07, 10:02 PM
Hey everyone.

I just ordered a left-handed-orientation Reeder seat handle from unicycle.com. I've got some questions about it.

First of all, if I use my left hand on the seat, should I have ordered the left-handed orientation option? For street (with my stock Miyata handle) I sometimes grip the right-hand side of the handle, and it kinda makes sense to me that I should maybe get a Reeder handle that attaches on the right side of the seat, since one that attaches on the left would not extend over to where I sometimes put my hand. And, if I ordered a Reeder seat handle and chose the left-handed orientation option, what will it look like? Will the handle stem/attach from the left side of the seat?

Also, will I need to use a Miyata Stiffener plate (GB4 or otherwise?) to mount it to my new-style Miyata seat? It almost sounded like the GB4 website was indicating that.

Will I be able to mount the Reeder handle onto my NEW new-style Miyata seat (the ones that were/are made so that you can't unscrew the front handle bolts easily?)

Will I have to drill any holes? in the seat or otherwise? I have heard some conversation about this........

Also, is there anything else I need to know about installing the handle or riding with it on my uni?

Thanks guys!!

~Sara

IsaacLJ
2007-08-18, 02:01 AM
Yeah, I'm kinda new at this but...

I'm a lefty and I would suggest a left-hand-oriented handle.

(1)It's easier to get to for your left hand and (2) your right hand can rest on the mounting side of the reeder handle.:D

IsaacLJ
2007-08-18, 02:06 AM
I have no idea how you would mount that to your sattle though...:o

hmmmmm....yeah...

you probably would have to trill special holes for it.:(

kerosian
2007-08-18, 03:34 AM
you have to drill three holes for it, and I suggest buying a GB4 stiffener plate, cause a reeder will obliterate it without either the GB4 or a carbon fiber base. Good luck with your new reeder.
-Austin

mornish
2007-08-19, 03:48 AM
this is a 3 year old thread...

wickedbob
2007-08-19, 03:54 AM
hahahahaha

mouse
2007-09-07, 03:22 AM
wow...no one noticed that? amazing ;)

robdizzle
2007-09-16, 03:12 PM