[Coker MUni] Grahams Hills Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Coker MUni] Grahams Hills Park

My mother went to see a telecast of a play at nearby town, so I hitched a ride and rode the adjacent trails with my 114mm cranked Coker.

[ame="http://www.vimeo.com/11182339"]Grahams Hills Park on Vimeo[/ame]

It was my first proper trail ride with the hula-hoop and I'm starting think it's the only muni I'll need for NAUCC, err... the Uuu Games.

For all you list checkers out there, here's an FYI on the contents of the bag:
    1 stainless steel water bottle
    1 copy of The Black Cloud by Fred Hoyle
    (except when you can spot it in my pocket)
    1 three-way hex key
    1/2 banana (smushed)
    1/2 banana (unsmushed)

Feel free to make comments both positive and negative, but it's okay if you just want to watch it too.

LOL, that last one really flew!
    - 4umfreak

Geagle Search Engine a unicyclist.com inspired search engine. (kh longneak vs shortbeak)

Comment

Nice riding! I was impressed that you were able to take a foot off on that bridge for balance. i went back and watched it again because I thought "Did that just happen?"
      You seem to have a lot of control with the 114s on varied terrain. Very smooth. I really enjoyed this video.

Comment

Originally posted by 4umfreak View Post
        LOL, that last one really flew!
        The faster you go the farther it flies!

Comment

Originally posted by yUNIkoner View Post
          I was impressed that you were able to take a foot off on that bridge for balance.
          I'd be impressed too if I took it off for balance, but I must admit that I did it on purpose. I was trying to ride the bridge one foot extended, but the run up from that direction was just bumpy enough that I didn't get a better shot.

But I'll aspire to that level.

Originally posted by yUNIkoner View Post
          You seem to have a lot of control with the 114s on varied terrain.
          A lower seat helped, and you'll note the relative lack of riding upwards.

Comment

I'm sure this is what 36ers were made for but with 114 cranks and what looked like no brakes,that is taking things to a new level.

john
            once I was young and stupid....that was some time ago

my videos http://www.youtube.com/user/betterforks

Comment

What a nice video. The MUni on the 36er looked really cool. Thumbs up.
              You're just too uncreative unigurd xD as your sig! - Lindae

Gosh Unigurd, I didn't realize you were such a beast! - Pigs on Unicycles

UDC Denmark - Unisalg

Trials
              Street

Comment

I love coker muni.. might have to make a video myself when I can ride again

I'd hate to have been a tree on the other end of that flying uni at the end
                Passionate flatland unicyclist from Pennsylvania in the US.

Comment

Nice video. Good to see other people doing coker muni. That's the kind of riding I enjoy most these days. Lots of fun going fast in rough terrain...
                  -knee

Comment

Nice riding! Was that really on 114 cranks? I think I go faster on my 29 than my 36 on the trails, because I am too intimidated to let it all hang out on the big wheel. The trails I ride are full of rocks and prickly plants which make the prospect of going down hard pretty unpalatable.
                    http://www.tucsonuni.com

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Originally posted by Tucson Uni View Post
                      Was that really on 114 cranks? I think I go faster on my 29 than my 36 on the trails, because I am too intimidated to let it all hang out on the big wheel. The trails I ride are full of rocks and prickly plants which make the prospect of going down hard pretty unpalatable.
                      Yep 114's. I find short cranks much less scary on the 36er than smaller wheels because it takes the wheel longer to unexpectedly accelerate out from under me. In a similar fashion though it is harder to keep the speed up in the rough sections, and the trails in your videos seem rougher and more intimidating than the one I was riding.

Have you gotten your Schlumpf yet?

Comment

Still in a state of suspended anticipation in Schlumpf limbo.... soon, soon, sooon....
                        http://www.tucsonuni.com

Comment

Awsome riding!!

Reminded me of this vid. http://vimeo.com/4035007
                          Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What's next?
                          Learn2Ride&doTricks
                          TrialsClasses&Building

Comment

I am too liking it.
                            Fun riding them big wheels in the piney woods.........
                            Shug
                            I Need Stitches In My Britches ...... Industrial Strength Chafing

My YouTube Videos

Comment

so smooth... i want to give cokering a go now

Comment

Working...
                              X