New KH 36er in action!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New KH 36er in action!

From the trail with my new KH 36er, testing drops, jumps, speed runs, maneuverability, etc. Much lighter, more nimble and responsive than my radial. No cranks were bent during filming! Filmed 3/4/10.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkb7ZR57Ws"]YouTube- Mountain Unicycling with new Kris Holm 36er![/ame]
    Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
    Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
    -Dani Buron

Website
    Videos
    Facebook

Great that it started to work as supposed It really looks like great fun!
    Waiting for next vids with a new toy
    http://vooni.kkdt.org My unicycling adventures including RomUni ride.

Comment

Dalmations are idiots...

Nice mount at just after the 2 min mark.
      Tom Blackwood is like a shadowy figure behind a 36" tree...

Comment

I really liked the hop mount at 2 :00 also

You make 36 muni look really smooth, almost practical.

It is cool how you left some of the training dumps in at the end of the vid.

Thanks Terry for making this vid. It is to advanced for me on my 24 muni, and I will keep my radial on the street for this year. Yet you make 36 off road look fun.

It is really fun to see how you can rock muni on a 36.

Comment

looks very relaxed as you ride it. Every time I see your cable cam sequences it looks so professional, great.
          Chuck Norris can do a wheelie on a unicycle - ich nicht!

Comment

I see KH got you that free leg armor.
            Videos:
            Tr1alz
            2rialz
            Street 2011

Comment

Wow. I can barely hop my 36 just to organize myself at a stop light. I'm always glad when you add in a few "bloopers" at the end. It shows that maybe you are really human. How do you like the KH armor compared the 661?

Comment

Very nice once again. Makes me feel like getting my KH36 ready for some more serious offroad fun. But I would have to change things around a lot then.
                It works well for medium xc riding the way I have it set up now, which is fine. Just no hopping possible.
                -knee

Comment

Originally posted by vookash View Post
                  Great that it started to work as supposed It really looks like great fun!
                  Waiting for next vids with a new toy
                  Thanks, yeah it held up great as expected! Just had to tighten spokes and true after ride, which is normal as it breaks in...like piano strings, lol!

Originally posted by tomblackwood View Post
                  Dalmations are idiots...

Nice mount at just after the 2 min mark.
                  Thanks. It took me a few tries to get that mount! Still scary for me haha.

Originally posted by feel the light View Post
                  You make 36 muni look really smooth, almost practical.

It is cool how you left some of the training dumps in at the end of the vid.

Thanks Terry for making this vid. It is to advanced for me on my 24 muni, and I will keep my radial on the street for this year. Yet you make 36 off road look fun.

It is really fun to see how you can rock muni on a 36.
                  Thanks. I will probably be riding this mostly for touring on smooth surfaces, with 36er MUni less often.

Originally posted by trisepp View Post
                  looks very relaxed as you ride it. Every time I see your cable cam sequences it looks so professional, great.
                  Thanks man! I really enjoy setting up the ucc and watching the raw footage right after to see how it came out.

Originally posted by surfer1024 View Post
                  I see KH got you that free leg armor.
                  Haha yeah, and they're awesome! I came up with a slogan: "Kris Holm 'Percussion' Leg armor...it beats the competition like a drum!"

Originally posted by mbalmer View Post
                  Wow. I can barely hop my 36 just to organize myself at a stop light. I'm always glad when you add in a few "bloopers" at the end. It shows that maybe you are really human. How do you like the KH armor compared the 661?
                  I've only worn the KH armor once, but so far I really like it!

Originally posted by munirocks View Post
                  Very nice once again. Makes me feel like getting my KH36 ready for some more serious offroad fun. But I would have to change things around a lot then.
                  It works well for medium xc riding the way I have it set up now, which is fine. Just no hopping possible.
                  Thanks, yeah 36er MUni is a blast, although this video is closer to xc, except for the drops.
                  Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-03-05, 05:36 PM.
                  -Dani Buron

Website
                  Videos
                  Facebook

Comment

I liked the jump off of the kicker at 50 sec. and then the styling added at 2:05...

Have you tried any drops to sloped downhill landing on the 36er? If you hit those at speed they feel like landing a dirt jump on a bike i.e. FEELS GOOD.

Edit: Btw I'm only talking about like a one foot drop to transition, so don't feel obliged to go jumping off another shipping crate.
                    Last edited by justtysen; 2010-03-05, 07:04 PM. Reason: trying to keep Terry sane

Comment

Originally posted by justtysen View Post
                      I liked the jump off of the kicker at 50 sec. and then the styling added at 2:05...

Have you tried any drops to sloped downhill landing on the 36er? If you hit those at speed they feel like landing a dirt jump on a bike i.e. FEELS GOOD.
                      Thanks. Yeah drops at :26 and :30 were the most sloped landing I could find there, and the run ups were limited in length to get to full speed. But yeah, it's a real rush!

PS: I'm very happy to have heard from Kris that he's linked this video at his website! Thanks Kris!
                      Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-03-05, 07:10 PM.
                      -Dani Buron

Website
                      Videos
                      Facebook

Comment

you should get a shlumpf hub XD youd go even faster lol
                        <3street<3

70cm high jump (rolling)
                        225cm long jump (rolling)

Comment

Originally posted by mexico7 View Post
                          you should get a shlumpf hub XD youd go even faster lol
                          Haha, speed kills man! (If I really go all out, I can hit nearly 18mph on flat, that's still way past my comfort level, and scary as heck, lol! )
                          Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-03-07, 12:11 AM.
                          -Dani Buron

Website
                          Videos
                          Facebook

Comment

I like the hop mount as well.....and the filming....editing .....rolling drops.....hops.....falls......unicam........smooth riding......never-ending enthusiasm and energy....... OK.
                            Bravo.
                            Shug
                            I Need Stitches In My Britches ...... Industrial Strength Chafing

My YouTube Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Shug View Post
                              I like the hop mount as well.....and the filming....editing .....rolling drops.....hops.....falls......unicam........smooth riding......never-ending enthusiasm and energy....... OK.
                              Bravo.
                              Shug
                              Thanks Sean! Lookin' forward to your next uni-vid, and would also love to see more footage from your great shows! Click image for larger version

Name:	gif.gif
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	2426872
                              Last edited by MuniAddict; 2010-03-07, 10:25 PM.
                              -Dani Buron

Website
                              Videos
                              Facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X