Carbon rim 36er test Simi Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UniDreamerFR View Post
    handlebars has been a real game changer in my unicycle practice, especially since I started to ride with my two hands on it 99% of the time.
    before that (my first 5 unicycling years) my style was awful, I looked like I'm struggling to stay in balance, was twisted to a side, and was waving my arms around.
    But since I learned to keep my hands on a handlebar I don't use my arms and shoulder for balance anymore, I use hips and lower core instead, and now if I ride without my arms on the handlebar, I just look relaxed and in control, my arms are just leaning along my body.

This handlebar-saddle design looks very interesting, let us know how the saddle feels for long distance rides.
    If the profile pic is you.... I'm impressed!!!
    Love black and white, the outfit and the scenery.
    If you are female please join the Female Unicyclists! group on Facebook!

Comment

Originally posted by Gockie View Post
      If the profile pic is you.... I'm impressed!!!
      Love black and white, the outfit and the scenery.
      nope, I just took it cause I found this pic cool too.
      - Geared kh36 + Nightrider Lite + Kh Tbar + HS33
      - Qu-ax 36" + nightrider +Q-handle+ cable rim brake
      - kh 29" + knard 29x3+ kh Tbar + HS33
      - Qu-ax trial 19"
      -24"&26" wheels and forks and spare stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by UniDreamerFR View Post
        handlebars has been a real game changer in my unicycle practice, especially since I started to ride with my two hands on it 99% of the time.
        before that (my first 5 unicycling years) my style was awful, I looked like I'm struggling to stay in balance, was twisted to a side, and was waving my arms around.
        But since I learned to keep my hands on a handlebar I don't use my arms and shoulder for balance anymore, I use hips and lower core instead, and now if I ride without my arms on the handlebar, I just look relaxed and in control, my arms are just leaning along my body.
        I was lucky as a beginner to ride with Jamey Mossengren. He encouraged me to work toward getting both hands on the saddle-handle / bars. Without his guidance, it might have taken me a lot longer to get two hands on the saddle, and maybe it would never have happened.

What helped me the most learning to ride with two hands on the handlebars was practicing SIF (seat in front) technique on my 20". At first, I practiced SIF one-handed. That really stressed out the muscles in my arm. Later on, I was able to get both hands on the saddle and was able to relax more.

If you watch videos of advanced, technical downhill riders, they have one hand out for balance. I think that is the correct technique for extreme conditions where larger corrections need to be made. But for more controlled riding conditions, an arm out for balance seems like an over-correction.

Comment

What happens when...

I'm concerned when you fall that the handle which is a "moment arm" will cause the seat to twist off-center each time it touches ground. Thus, requiring seat clamp adjustment each time. Is this a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by slamdance View Post
            I'm concerned when you fall that the handle which is a "moment arm" will cause the seat to twist off-center each time it touches ground. Thus, requiring seat clamp adjustment each time. Is this a problem?
            No different to any other handlebar...
            Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

Working...
            X