Hyperspeed Unicycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperspeed Unicycle

I know that a lot of folks have wondered what it would be like to ride a unicycle at 100+ mph, wonder no more.
    A new video posted today in celebration of my 70th birthday. Most taken with the GoPro Hero7 Black TimeWarp Video mode.

https://youtu.be/p15ECwsYXls

Not a lot of traffic in your neighborhood!

Comment

Originally posted by JimT View Post
      A new video posted today in celebration of my 70th birthday.
      Welcome to the subsection of seventyish-something of the Old Geezers On One Wheel club!

(I see we've got the same problem with the handle: just one arm -not both- except that for me it's the left one )
      One Wheel : bear necessity
      (Abuello RodoMancat)

Comment

Originally posted by wobbling bear View Post
        Welcome to the subsection of seventyish-something of the Old Geezers On One Wheel club!

(I see we've got the same problem with the handle: just one arm -not both- except that for me it's the left one )
        Thanks Wobbling Bear. There seems to be very few of us in this age group.

I just start riding two hands on handlebar a few months ago. I'm pretty comfortable as speed on good road but switch to one hand when going slower or steeper hills. Sometime I keep the up hill hand free on steeper cambers to shift my center of gravity a little.

Comment

Hey JimT -
          I recently traded in my Hero 5 for a 7 Black and the new stabilization really is a very noticeable improvement. I love it!!

Here's a Timewarp video of me riding my (ungeared) 36er from my house to the DVD rental box and back at 10x: https://vimeo.com/328751714

I had to cross a major road and I totally lucked out with the traffic light - timed it perfectly both coming and going. Hmm, should have bought a lottery ticket
          Last edited by haskinsc; 2019-04-05, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by haskinsc View Post
            Hey JimT -
            I recently traded in my Hero 5 for a 7 Black and the new stabilization really is a very noticeable improvement. I love it!!

Here's a Timewarp video of me riding my (ungeared) 36er from my house to the DVD rental box and back at 10x: https://vimeo.com/328751714

I had to cross a major road and I totally lucked out with the traffic light - timed it perfectly both coming and going. Hmm, should have bought a lottery ticket
            Cool. I went from a GoPro 2 to 7 Black so it was a big step up. I actually kept my Hero 2 and traded in my very first, 20 year old digital camera (a Polaroid PDC 700).

Comment

Great video!

At first before I loaded it I thought it was going to be a motorised unicycle traveling at 100mph, which would be pretty cool, but I would assume extremely dangerous.
              Magic of Blaze
              Gold Coast Magic

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze View Post
                a motorised unicycle traveling at 100mph, which would be pretty cool, but I would assume extremely dangerous.
                I think a 100mph motorised unicycle would easily fit into the class of contraptions known as ‘suicycles’....

Comment

Working...
                X