Building and riding a 29" geared unicycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building and riding a 29" geared unicycle

I've moved the Schlumpf hub from a KH 26 and put it in a 29". Made a video of the build and test ride. Haven't been riding a guni since spring 2013.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBYUbnnO-Yo"]Riding a unicycle part 45: Building and riding a 29" geared unicycle - YouTube[/ame]
    UniMyra's YouTube channel

Nice video with a sens of humor, as always.
    Riding guni on a nearly frozen floor, you're brave!

Did you enjoy this come back to guni?
    - Geared kh36 + Nightrider Lite + Kh Tbar + HS33
    - Qu-ax 36" + nightrider +Q-handle+ cable rim brake
    - kh 29" + knard 29x3+ kh Tbar + HS33
    - Qu-ax trial 19"
    -24"&26" wheels and forks and spare stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by UniDreamerFR View Post
      Nice video with a sens of humor, as always.
      Riding guni on a nearly frozen floor, you're brave!

Did you enjoy this come back to guni?
      Thank's. I'll write a few words about it in the Schlumpf thread.

Comment

New Projects

Hi Unimyra, I see you doin a lot of new projects (halfbike, freewheel, guni). But what is your hatchet doin, collecting dust?
        Oldest kid in town - neighbour

Comment

Originally posted by fetzenschorsch View Post
          Hi Unimyra, I see you doin a lot of new projects (halfbike, freewheel, guni). But what is your hatchet doin, collecting dust?
          I alternate 50/50 between the Oracle 26 and the Hatchet, when I ride muni. This summer I have mainly ridden my 36'er though. Gone back to the roots so to speak. I have a fat studded tyre for the Hatchet, so if we get a good winter here, I'll ride it then.

Comment

Originally posted by UniMyra View Post
            I have a fat studded tyre for the Hatchet, so if we get a good winter here, I'll ride it then.
            So I wish me a hatchet video in deep snow for christmas
            Oldest kid in town - neighbour

Comment

Am I the only one to have "Wowed!" to the fact that you did it all in the kitchen?... A tremendously fabulous wife you have!😄

Comment

Originally posted by UPD View Post
                A tremendously fabulous wife you have!��
                Yes, she's a keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by UniMyra View Post
                  Yes, she's a keeper.
                  She is a keeper alright. I have met your wife and your two daughters and it is unbelievable what your ladies have to put up with ☺️.
                  Awesome video!

Comment

Originally posted by UPD View Post
                    Am I the only one to have "Wowed!" to the fact that you did it all in the kitchen?... A tremendously fabulous wife you have!😄
                    I built my G29 on the sofa... luckily my mum was on holiday
                    “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

Originally posted by timoteusmunk View Post
                      I have met your wife and your two daughters and it is unbelievable what your ladies have to put up with
                      Maybe you're right. Today I tried to bleed a brake, and things didn't exactly go as planned. I got brake fluid all over the kitchen floor, both of what was already in the cable and what I was trying to inject. Wife walked by and said in her normal calm voice: "You really need a hobby room". I finally got the last ml's of mineral oil into the brake cable. Hope it works..

Comment

If not, I read on the magura hs11 manual that you can use vegetable oil temporarily (which to me means it's fine permanently) if you have to re-bleed them without any mineral oil to hand. That gives all the more reason to bleed them in the kitchen
                        20", 24" with Muni tyre, Nimbus Nightrider 36"

If you're ever feeling down about your skills in unicycling feel free to watch my unicycle videos:

https://www.youtube.com/user/KitibobOutdoors

Comment

Working...
                        X