Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing Monopod with 36"

Hola amigos!
    This is the second video with my 36"'Nimbus. I've held my camera at the end of the monopod to have another point of view further than my hand.

https://vimeo.com/96503848
    Lo pienso fríamente y me quedo helado.

Hola compañero

Thanks for sharing the video. Looks nice and dry around there! Nice video shots.

Got a 36' Oracle myself recently and I really love it (I'm still a newbie). Thinking in getting the 'touring handle bars' next to improve the riding. Never have used one before but in rides longer than an hour I find myself thinking I could do with a handle bar..

I'm guessing you've got some great cycling routes near Madrid.

Comment

Originally posted by Moslki View Post
      Hola compañero

Thanks for sharing the video. Looks nice and dry around there! Nice video shots.

Got a 36' Oracle myself recently and I really love it (I'm still a newbie). Thinking in getting the 'touring handle bars' next to improve the riding. Never have used one before but in rides longer than an hour I find myself thinking I could do with a handle bar..

I'm guessing you've got some great cycling routes near Madrid.
      Hi Molski, I'm glad you liked the video. Yes, for here is dry, maybe too much. A little more greenery would be nice for rides unicycle.

I mounted 36" from a few months. I like the mix between the simplicity of the machine and difficulty handling. Everyday is a new challenge and that makes it very interesting.

The handle bars are useful for keeping me in the right direction. Avoiding zigzag which makes the wheel when pedaling. Even in areas with more potholes I prefer holding the handle with the hand and remove some weight from the saddle. With the handlebars you can be more relaxed and do more kilometers, also helps keep a more comfortable saddle (I changed the Nimbus for a KH) and good cycling cullote.

That's correct. In Madrid there are good places to ride, but I haven't other unconscious to practice unicycle 36" long distance.

Do you live at the Isle of Man? Must be a good place to go with a single wheel, when no racing motorcycles.

Un abrazo.
      Óscar.

Comment

Oscar

Yes, IOM is a great place for cycling. No motorways or very busy roads (or trains for that matter - just a steam train for the tourists). Thankfully, for me, it never gets hot (not even in summer, lucky if we get a maximum of 20 degrees for a couple of days) or too cold so I think it is pretty good for sports - you will never overheated when riding!. I can't imagine what it must be like to cycle around Madrid in summer! I've been a few times there (sister lives there) and found the weather too dry to my taste. I'm originally from 'la tierruca Cantabra' so I'm more than happy with damp/green places (although IOM humidity takes the biscuit: can be a bit too damp sometimes! )

The day I get to do one continuous lap of the TT bike racecourse I think I will definitely have reached top fitness in the uni. Mainly is the uphills what really kills I think: so many you can do in one day before you start to get a bit tired.. I only bought the 36er 3 months ago so still building the strength for long rides.

Yes, I really feel I could do with the touring handle bars when riding on the road, specially when cars overtake you and get a bit too close to the uni). Can't wait to get them but they're out of stock (UDC) at the moment so will have to delay it for a while.

Comment

These 20 degree is the minimum that we have here. The walk this morning on the big wheel has been great, but I have to go fast for the air conditioning works.
          Near my house I have the "Monte de El Pardo", a large forest to get lost by challenging trails with 26 "or the path along the river Manzanaresj for 36". The best part of the ride is the final swim in the pool.
          So you're in Cantabria. I know the area a bit, I spent a summer with my kayak in the Deva river and had a great time. The next time you come to Madrid, do not forget your 36 ", we can give a good ride together.

At first I thought the same, about the trips I do now without problems. You go slowly getting skills and overcome will achieve your goals. You'll see.
          Now, I can climb hills with KH 26", that previously seemed impossible. I'm also learning to go backwards. It's like starting from scratch.
          I bought the bars on the German website unycicle.com, but now is in the shop of Madrid.. Maybe your sister wants to give something to someone.

Comment

These 20 degree is the minimum that we have here. The walk this morning on the big wheel has been great, but I have to go fast for the air conditioning works.
            Near my house I have the "Monte de El Pardo", a large forest to get lost by challenging trails with 26 "or the path along the river Manzanaresj for 36". The best part of the ride is the final swim in the pool.
            So you're in Cantabria. I know the area a bit, I spent a summer with my kayak in the Deva river and had a great time. The next time you come to Madrid, do not forget your 36 ", we can give a good ride together.

At first I thought the same, about the trips I do now without problems. You go slowly getting skills and overcome will achieve your goals. You'll see.
            Now, I can climb hills with KH 26", that previously seemed impossible. I'm also learning to go backwards. It's like starting from scratch.

Comment

Working...
            X