Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Okay...one thread for all my progress

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Okay...one thread for all my progress

    I decided to start just one thread for all my progress, rather than start multiple threads for each update. Thanks for all the encouragement so far!

    Here is the link to my second video update. It shows my progress. (or lack thereof) after about 2.5 hours of falling.

    Thanks!

    http://youtu.be/pfCklCS-Jh8

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfCklCS-Jh8"]Learning to ride unicycle-day 4! - YouTube[/ame]
    Last edited by markf80; 2013-09-27, 04:09 PM. Reason: embedding testing
    The top three reasons I ride a unicycle are: 1. I 2.LOVE 3. IT!

  • #2
    Seems like good progress to me! That last run was great for 2.5 hours.

    Comment


    • #3
      I am quite sure that it took me three times that long to get as far as your last run. Good work!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Shmolagin View Post
        Seems like good progress to me! That last run was great for 2.5 hours.
        Thanks! It is kind of like I fall, and fall and fall, and then all of the sudden, I get a good run. I get excited and then fall and fall and fall.

        Love quote at the bottom of your replies by the way!
        The top three reasons I ride a unicycle are: 1. I 2.LOVE 3. IT!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mike Hout View Post
          I am quite sure that it took me three times that long to get as far as your last run. Good work!
          Mike, I am having a blast, I have taken some pretty rough falls, but so far no damage! To me or the unicycle!
          The top three reasons I ride a unicycle are: 1. I 2.LOVE 3. IT!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by markf80 View Post
            I decided to start just one thread for all my progress, rather than start multiple threads for each update. Thanks for all the encouragement so far!

            Here is the link to my second video update. It shows my progress. (or lack thereof) after about 2.5 hours of falling.

            Thanks!

            http://youtu.be/pfCklCS-Jh8

            Learning to ride unicycle-day 4! - YouTube
            Good Job! I'm 50 and on day 5 - I used to ride when I was a kid but I'm having to relearn quite a bit - I also went with a 26" Muni and that has it's challenges as well - Keep it up!!
            “What we think about when we are free to think about what we will – that is what we are or will soon become.”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mmorton View Post
              Good Job! I'm 50 and on day 5 - I used to ride when I was a kid but I'm having to relearn quite a bit - I also went with a 26" Muni and that has it's challenges as well - Keep it up!!
              Fifty! Wow! Guess I won't complain about soreness! I am glad it takes practice to learn. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it and then where would the cool factor be! Haha!
              The top three reasons I ride a unicycle are: 1. I 2.LOVE 3. IT!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by markf80 View Post
                Fifty! Wow!
                Take up unicycling over 50? Totally ridiculous! (I just started in May of this year.)

                Keep up the good work, markf80. It can seem like progress comes slowly but it's OK as long as you're having fun trying it. Journey, not destination.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by LargeEddie View Post
                  Take up unicycling over 50? Totally ridiculous! (I just started in May of this year.)

                  Keep up the good work, markf80. It can seem like progress comes slowly but it's OK as long as you're having fun trying it. Journey, not destination.
                  The beauty of Unicycling is the journey is FULL of miniature destinations, so you could be riding 20 years and still be on the 'journey'
                  “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Ok, so about that lean...

                    I have been making pretty good progress. I plan on posting another video tomorrow.

                    One thing that is driving me crazy is that i have this crazy left hand pull. No matter what I try, i always drift to the left... Never straight or right.

                    Is this a posture issue? Pedaling issue?

                    Any help or suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks!
                    The top three reasons I ride a unicycle are: 1. I 2.LOVE 3. IT!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by markf80 View Post
                      I have been making pretty good progress. I plan on posting another video tomorrow.

                      One thing that is driving me crazy is that i have this crazy left hand pull. No matter what I try, i always drift to the left... Never straight or right.

                      Is this a posture issue? Pedaling issue?

                      Any help or suggestions would be most welcome! Thanks!
                      I imagine that you are unconsciously leaning to the left. Have you done all your practicing leaning against something to the left? It should be something that more practice will sort out fairly easily. Maybe you could find a pole to circle around to the right for a while to counterbalance your left tendencies. Being able to turn one direction better than the other is a normal issue, the solution of course is just to practice more. You'll get it figure out if you practice enough.

                      There, I told you to practice three times. Practice Practice Practice

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by markf80 View Post
                        One thing that is driving me crazy is that i have this crazy left hand pull. No matter what I try, i always drift to the left... Never straight or right.
                        I've had days like that. Sometimes it's just a sign that I'm tired and need to start wrapping up that practice session and/or give myself a day off. It seems it's more often to the left for a lot of us for whatever reason.

                        I could say what I think I'm doing when that happens, but I'm not really sure and it might different for everyone anyway. But it seems to work itself out over time. As you get better at turning, you'll also get better at not turning.

                        If you're riding on a street that's crowned, you could try riding on the other side where it tilts the other way. Often that helps me when things are feeling wonky.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by markf80 View Post
                          One thing that is driving me crazy is that i have this crazy left hand pull. No matter what I try, i always drift to the left... Never straight or right.
                          I know this problem very good ... In my case, it's always been the right side ...

                          This will go away ... Don't worry about ...
                          - Qu-Ax 20" Profi
                          - Qu-Ax 24" Luxus
                          - Qu-Ax QX 29" Disc + KH T-Bar and KH Fusion-Freeride

                          My blog (German)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Great! Thanks guys for the encouragement and knowing that I am not the only leaner!
                            The top three reasons I ride a unicycle are: 1. I 2.LOVE 3. IT!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Just had another leaning thought.

                              If you're riding on a road sometimes there is enough camber to make you drift sideways. Of course in your case it's probably just that you could use more practice.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X