Splicing tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splicing tires

My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Great write up Eric.
    Always remember: With patience and perseverance you can piss a hole through a rock.

Comment

Hey Eric, maybe we'll get a proper 36 tire soon, eh?

So hows the fat tire coming along?
      I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

Wow Eric, that's some awesome detail.

Originally posted by Nurse Ben View Post
        Hey Eric, maybe we'll get a proper 36 tire soon, eh?

So hows the fat tire coming along?
        We're still working on it almost daily. We won't let you down

Comment

Ben: do you mean the 24x4 or the 36x4? I have the fat 36er rim done but I think I am going to do the 24x4 first, probably some time this summer.

Matt: good to hear. we are all patently waiting. By the sounds of things the project is rolling along nicely. We would all love for the process to be faster but I agree with the take your time and get it right the first time approach you guys are taking.

Keep us updated with any developments!
          My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

Awesome work! I'll make sure to keep that thread somewhere! You inspired me for some cool tires too. I already repaired my old 2.6 Gazz which had a broken sidewall! I sewed another tire sidewall on it and I used some ShoeGoo to make sure it wont blow out when I'm sleeping again!

Thanks alot for posting this!
            Jakob F.

Comment

For now I will use the reTyre soulution (http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120702), but I find this very interesting.

A couple of questions:

For a 36" tyre, would it be better to use two 29" tyres instead of two 26" tyres? I mean, is it worth the extra money to use two tyres with a diameter closer to 36"?

Is it possible to peel the tread rubber off any tyre? I have the Schwalbe Ice Spiker in mind - probably the RaceGuard version because it's non foldable.
              UniMyra's YouTube channel

Comment

Eric great job!

When riding, is there a bump at the sewing locations?

Comment

Working...
                X