Freemount and dismount 24" uni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freemount and dismount 24" uni

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7OYA-IDTBE&feature=g-upl&context=G2d4b293AUAAAAAAAAAA"]Freemount and dismount 24" Muni unicycle - YouTube[/ame]

A short vid of me freemounting and dismounting my 24" uni.
    I hope it helps someone.
    regards,
    Alucard

I try to keep my left leg 'locked' at a 90 degree angle, then spring up on my right foot and aim to go over the front of the uni.
    If anyone knows what this type of mount is called please let me know.
    Last edited by Alucard; 2012-01-23, 09:02 PM.

ooops

sorry guys, the video doesn't play. Anyone know how I can delete this thread?

Alucard

Comment

That would be a static mount. The video plays fine for me.

Comment

Hi ImFalling, thanks for that info.
        I've just been on the 'just conversation' thread raging about how it took me 3 hours to make and it doesm't work. Erm, I'm not going back to delete that thread.

Alucard

Comment

Nice path to practice on Alucard. How far does it go?
          Facebook
          Website

Comment

Hi Guys,
            The path is about a mile long, with just one very slight incline. As you can see, it is right next to the beach so the wind can be quite strong at times.
            The path runs from Talace village to Presthaven sands Holiday camp.
            I walk down the hill, across the railway line. Then cycle a bit through the camp then along the path which ends up at my Mums', then we have a brew and I turn round and go home.

ps. I went to Orkney once, many years ago. we had a wonderful time!

Alucard

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post
              I went to Orkney once, many years ago. we had a wonderful time!

Alucard
              When you next come to Orkney bring your uni.....We have a spare room
              Facebook
              Website

Comment

Wow, Thanks for the offer jojoxie. That was about 10 years ago and we had the smallest camper on earth. We've since swapped it for a caravan so I much doubt if we could afford the ferry prices now.
                But, we never know what's around the corner, so maybe one day....................................................

Alucard

Comment

Hi Alucard.

Nice video, thanks for sharing this here.
                  Also, some nice mounts you are showing there, looks great.

Greetings

Byc

P.S.: Nearly visited Orkney some years ago when i was travelling through scottland the motorbike, with my girlfriend. Definitely have to go there some time.
                  Wichtig ist nur:
                  "Beim Auffallen nicht Umfallen,
                  beim Umfallen nicht Auffallen."

Qu-Ax Luxus 20"
                  Qu-Ax Luxus 24"
                  Qu-Ax/Nimbus 26" Muni
                  KH 36" Muni

Comment

Heeyyyy Alucard!

I don't know why it took me so long to find this video HERE.

Super job on those freemounts!!!!
                    How long are your cranks?
                    You make it look like a piece of cake!
                    WAY NICE video!

Comment

Heeeeyyyyy 57Unirider.

Thanks for the compliment.
                      The cranks are dual 125/150's. I had them put on as I orded the uni. Those nice chaps at UDC sorted it all out for me. I ordered a bog standard nimbus muni and swapped a few things over. I swapped the seat for a KH freeride. The seatpost for a KH positionable one. A deadbolt clamp for a undoable one and the cranks for duals. So there were no bits I didn't need, good eh.
                      The 150 position is good for everything but I find the 125 better for just riding in a straight line on even surfaces, but I think that's where I should be using my 26" freestyle, cos I don't want to wear the tyre out on this one.
                      I'll hopefully go along the same path in the next day or two on my 26". That has got 114 cranks, so I'll need the wind behind me to mount that uni. lol

That is the only mount I can do at the moment. I have looked at the vid a few times and I realise I 'faff about' a bit before getting on, I seem to have two goes at sitting on the seat. I'm going to try and improve on that mount where I just sit on the seat once and...away.

Alucard

Comment

Originally posted by Alucard View Post
                        ...I'll hopefully go along the same path in the next day or two on my 26". That has got 114 cranks, so I'll need the wind behind me to mount that uni....
                        You WHAT?
                        ... have 114s on your 26"!

Heck, I wouldn't even be able to ride the thing, much LESS (!!!) FREEMOUNT !!!

My freemounting has taken a nose dive, and I can't figure out why. For a while, it was relatively easy. I'm going to have to go back and re-read some threads! I must need a refresher course. It's NUTS!

Comment

When I bought my 20" freestyle I wasn't sure about the crank length. I discussed it with those nice chaps at UDC and we decided to try 114's, I bought a 26" ttwo days later and had 127's on them. They are both cotterless so I am able to swap them over. They took some getting used to, infact I am still not used to them lol. As long as I am going in a flat and straight line I am okay. Also if i don't think about what I am doing, I am okay, it's when i think" hey I'm riding" I then fall off. I might video myself freemounting it this afty if the weather is okay.

Freemounting going through a rough patch? stick at it. It helps if you talk to your uni at the same time.
                          Last edited by Alucard; 2012-01-29, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Heck, I wouldn't even be able to ride the thing, much LESS (!!!) FREEMOUNT !!!

I bet anything you get a 26" or a 29" in the future. YCNHTMU !

You Can Never Have Too Many Uni's

Comment

Very nice!

I find the static mount very useful in those cases that you don't have a lot of space...
                              [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8Nh1KL3U-s&feature=BFa&list=UUjz4qQYCKf2tgqhyZqkPupA&lf=plcp"]PicnicTableDrop280112.wmv - YouTube[/ame]
                              Just because you're breathing doesn't mean you're alive
                              UVcycle's YouTube Channel

Comment

Working...
                              X