Flatland/Street-Tutorials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pedalgrab Tutorial

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td360Cz2xIs"]YouTube - Voodoo Unicycles - Pedalgrab Tutorial[/ame]
    "When the balls hit the ground , smile , they could have fallen on your face " Erik Moda
    "No matter the quantity, much less quality, but the value that you give" Erik Moda
    FOR MORE: http://erikmoda.tumblr.com/

Comment

Skinny Tutorial

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abbm3N02FGM"]YouTube - Skinny tutorial[/ame]
      "When the balls hit the ground , smile , they could have fallen on your face " Erik Moda
      "No matter the quantity, much less quality, but the value that you give" Erik Moda

Comment

More tutorials!
        WHOO!!
        Thanks for all the videos.
        That's what I love about unicyclist.com, I'm the only unicyclist in the area where I live, so these forums let me get some much needed advice and motivation.
        There's always free cheddar in a mousetrap, baby, it's a deal.

Comment

Wow, thanks for compiling these, Erik. I haven't even heard of these skills, so this is very exciting and I'm going to start right away.
          "Yes, I believe in luck, and the harder I work, the more of it I have."
          -Thomas Jefferson

"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star"
          -Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Thanks Intoit , i just think , expert people could do tutorials for another tricks :/ , now i'm just learning this tricks , but of course when i learn anothers , i will do tutorials vid haha but i think i have a looot of time to learn a looot of things , to think in this haha

Comment

heres a more advanced one...

Catching crank flips, did it a while back so if theres anything you guys think i should add just go for it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7v1vrzuIro"]YouTube - Catching Crankflips tutorial[/ame]
              TEAM FUN

Comment

Nice tutorial vid :]

Comment

Originally posted by JacobSpera View Post
                  if theres anything you guys think i should add just go for it.

YouTube - Catching Crankflips tutorial
                  ok, I'll shoot out a suggestion. I have seen someone who, while doing rolling wraps and junk, sort of stepped around the unicycle, actually I've seen it more than once, so that he was then facing the opposite direction.... so essentially it was a 180 with his body, and it did not require a hop. A tutorial for that would go really well with some of the other skills shown here. Or stand-up wheel walk - that's one I'm having a difficult time figuring out...
                  -Thomas Jefferson

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by JacobSpera View Post
                    heres a more advanced one...

Catching crank flips, did it a while back so if theres anything you guys think i should add just go for it.

YouTube - Catching Crankflips tutorial
                    This is a good tutorial for me.
                    Because I can do my crankflip of a set but catching him is hard sometims, but I'm gonna try to do him now good
                    So thank you
                    Sponsored by Municycle.com
                    2nd place in Street and Flatland at Unicon 16
                    My Vimeo Channel

Comment

Originally posted by IntoIt View Post
                      ok, I'll shoot out a suggestion. I have seen someone who, while doing rolling wraps and junk, sort of stepped around the unicycle, actually I've seen it more than once, so that he was then facing the opposite direction.... so essentially it was a 180 with his body, and it did not require a hop. A tutorial for that would go really well with some of the other skills shown here. Or stand-up wheel walk - that's one I'm having a difficult time figuring out...
                      Intoit , i know what are you talking , when you do the roll, hop with both feet the who are above of the wheel and the other are in the crank ,and turn your body 180 and fall on the pedals who are in the horizontal position , While you hop switch the hands are grabing the seat.
                      Important , you doing the rolling and jumping after the rolling so then when you drop the cranks are in a position counter to the start of the rolling!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IntoIt View Post
                        I believe you are thinking of a varial roll:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81nSQhOKil4"]YouTube - First Varial Roll[/ame]
                        My Website: www.Unitips.ca for trick tips and gear advice!

Visit Municycle.ca Canada's online unicycle source!

Check out the Municycle.ca Blog for news, tutorials and more!

Comment

if the trick is that i was wrong haha , i think in another hm.
                          Unihopper i have a question for you haha , how long takes to you land your firsts flat ttricks? leg around , crankrolls , rolling wrap , 180 unispin 360...
                          I pratice so much , but the tricks takes so much time to i land hehe , i think i'm a very very slow learner

Comment

Yup, varial roll. That's a really pretty skill.

Erik, I know what you mean about learning these skills. I haven't worked on them very much yet since I didn't know about them before this thread - but I think they may just look a little bit easier than they are...most of this freestyle stuff is not eye-popping in the way a standup wheelwalk is for example, but I'm sure is just as difficult...

Try breaking things down into simple steps, and then mastering them in order, like the donkey kick tutorial suggests. For example, when I start working on seatwraps and other similar skills, I'm going to run electrical tape around my fork and through my spokes so my wheel won't be able to turn. That way I can allow my muscle memory to learn the requisite movements over a period of days, until I can do it quickly and simply, flawlessly, and only then will I add in the element of front/back balance by removing the tape. Then, I'll learn the seatwrap like normal, but I'll be miles ahead of someone learning from scratch.
                            Another advantage of small steps is that you can notice on a daily basis that you actually ARE improving, which is comforting.
                            -Thomas Jefferson

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

oK. JUSt watched the seatwrap tut again, and taping like I described wont work.

instead, tape two bars pependicularly through you spokes so the tire can only revolve 1/4 of the way.

Cheers.
                              -Thomas Jefferson

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I'm going to emend the design one last time!

Tape the CRANKS to the spokes. Then, they will remain horizontal.
                                -Thomas Jefferson

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Working...
                                X