• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hhmmm... any pointers on 360 unispins??
    Em,
    Prove It In Form Of Dance

I Lost The Game

Comment

Maximus unius, great tutorial. It might be stating the obvious, but at least we have somewhere to point the idiots who start the "lolz how do u do a unispin guyz kthxbye" threads to. This is how I learn tricks...if you can break everything down into little steps, getting over mental blocks is a lot easier. When I'm learning something, I have a pretty hard time getting over the mental blocks that just stop me from doing something mid-trick.

Good job
      ~Alex Brown
      Keep your laws off my body, out of my wallet, and away from my bedroom.

Comment

I'm still trying
        Thanks for the tutorial
        I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomahawk
          It was a good tut and all, but it made everything way more complicated than it really is. You don't need to learn how to 180 jump mount before trying a unispin, just jump, spin the uni around, then land on the pedals.
          I thought it made everything clear. I had never thought of trying a 180 jump mount as practice for a unispin before. I have been jumping and spinning the uni ever since I have been attempting unispins and it hasn't worked.

The problem with all these noobs is that they don't want to put and time and effort into.
          I have put time and effort into learning unispins, but they still havent come to me yet. I am hardly a noob, and I found that having it broken down like this is very helpful.

The problem with these forums are people like you who don't want to put time and effort into helping a few of the newer (and not so new) people to the sport. Im getting sick of this, someone posts something that a few people don't agree with and they get jumped on. Can't you just grit your teeth and let people get on with it?

Great work Maximus, sure helped me, although I still can't do them! I shall keep trying!

Rock on!
          Edd
          Last edited by Eddbmxdude; 2007-01-11, 02:44 PM.
          www.stfulondon.co.uk

I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd. - Boogie

Comment

Thanks for all the positive response guys. I'm thinking of doing something like this for crankflips if I ever get around to them...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUKySpQh2qU

Comment

I really liked your tutorial.

It breaks down the unispin nicely and gives you something to practice if you're too scared to try the actual unispin.

Thank you!
              Did you know that lighter flame smells like burnt nose hair?
              Entropy isn't what it used to be.

Comment

I have tried it many weeks, but I don't get it. Maybe it's easier with trial tyre (I use 1.75" tyre). It's not far away anymore, like that haven't been in many weeks. That's good tutorial still and I can already do all that. I'm going to try 360 unispin jump mount, because that 180 unispin doesn't work.

Comment

Please let this stop people from making lame threads about how to do unispins. Seriously, this should be a sticky. Then there will be NO excuse for not seeing the tutorial corresponding with the questions. not even, "I didn't know how to use the search function".
                  Last edited by maximus unius; 2007-03-14, 12:56 AM.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUKySpQh2qU

Comment

great tutorial, personally i think the most important thing was to learn the 180 jump mount than just go for it. Also use shinys that will give you more confidence and make sure you either pull your feet up both of them or flick them both out i found i was pulling one up and one out and then when they both went up i did my first.

Comment

I'm all about baby steps. That's how I was able to stick with it to learn how to ride. The whole thing was just too hard and overwhelming. Breaking it down into parts made it easier, then I focused on greater consistency and smoothness on that part. I practiced the all the parts seperately and getting a high suscess rate before combining them.

I don't think it's nessesary to kick your legs out if you pull them up high enough. I do think this part increases in importance as you move onto 360's and then 540's though.
                      Originally posted by mycatisonfire
                      Hhmmm... any pointers on 360 unispins??
                      Improve your success rate and smoothness of 180's.
                      Do multiple 180's.
                      Eliminate prehops.
                      Do them rolling.
                      Jump higher, spin faster, kick legs out more.
                      Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the time do it along the way.- Bob Burnquist

What's next?
                      Learn2Ride&doTricks
                      TrialsClasses&Building

Comment

Yeah, What really helped me was trying to get the 180 jump mount first and then after getting that just going for the unispin.

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial, I can now do crank grabs!

Comment

Originally posted by thejdw
                            Thanks for the tutorial, I can now do crank grabs!
                            What? Did that tutorial help you to make crank grabs? Thanks for the tutorial, I can now do rolling and static 180 unispin and I'm practising 360 unispin.

Comment

Regarding the 180 jump mount:

I can unispin and 360 unispin just fine, but even now I can hardly 180 jump mount, and I definitly cannot 360 jump mount. I don't think it is needed, nor do I really think it would help all that much.
                              Last edited by forrestunifreak; 2007-04-08, 04:43 PM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by henkka
                                What? Did that tutorial help you to make crank grabs? Thanks for the tutorial, I can now do rolling and static 180 unispin and I'm practising 360 unispin.
                                well I landed a pedal grab up 10 days ago so yes its helped

edit: just wondering are you male or female?
                                Last edited by thejdw; 2007-04-08, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X