australian uni riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look me up if nearby

Hey LBJ,.... Don't be a stranger if nearby Sans Souci and up for a ride..plenty of flat coastal/scenic pathway to traverse this way .. You can ping me on 0407672013. Cheers Jimmy

Comment

• There are a bunch of riders at South West Sydney Unicycle Club in Riverwood
      Northern Beaches Unicycle Club at Curl Curl and Sydney Unicycle Club at Broadway in the city.

All have facebook pages.

Comment

• Nice. I took my new 36er for a spin on the weekend. I nearly made it as far as Riverwood (saw some nice bike paths on the map) but ran out of steam and had to head for home.

Sans Souci looks nice, I'll try and make it down there once I've had a bit more practice.
        Unicycling is the fountain of youth.

Comment

• migration to 36

Hey LBJ keen to hear about your progression re migration from the 26" to 36" Kinda thinking to get a 36" as well ... Its a 40 - 45 minute each way ride from Sans Souci to Brighton all on path and with water views of the bay so worth the visit ... Cheers

Comment

• I've had my 36 for almost a month now. Every time I ride it I feel like I have a lot to learn but it's a ton of fun. Yesterday evening I went for a night ride and everything just clicked. It was only a half hour ride but no control issues or UPDs and I only dismounted once to cross a busy road. One of these days I'll head over to ride along Brighton-Le-Sands but I've gotta find the time first...

I had 125mm cranks on my 26 rode it mainly on the road/bike path with a small amount of dirt occasionally. No muni though. I started with 150mm cranks on the 36 and found it reasonably easy to begin with. The 36 has a handlebar and it threw me off with mounting to begin with but using the saddle handle (for mounting) has solved that.

Speaking of the handlebar, I really like it. I can keep both hands on the bar most of the time now. Using just one hand is easy and I often find it helpful to flail one arm around when turning corners. I have the saddle set to horizontal and the bar is pretty far out in front and almost level with the seat. This gives a posture similar to a fairly upright bike and seems to be pretty comfortable so far, although the longest ride I've been on to date is one hour. I'm probably limiting myself to roads and smooth trails by setting up the handlebar the way I have it, but that's ok.

After I'd been riding the 36 for about a week I downsized the cranks to 138mm. I don't think I'd go any larger than this, as I found the 150s a bit unwieldy when spinning fast. At some point I'll try out 125mm cranks, but I'm happy with the 138s for now. I'll probably put a brake on it before going any shorter too.

Don't know if that's what you were asking but that's the story so far...

Comment

• Qld, Nambour
              Je ne sais quoi 24" from ebay with a knobbly mtb tire from big-w because that's all that was open on the sunday when my old tire wore out

Comment

• NSW Newcastle/Shoal bay
                Nimbus 26 muni

This is like e harmony for unicyclists

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicycle fish View Post
                  NSW Newcastle/Shoal bay
                  Nimbus 26 muni

This is like e harmony for unicyclists
                  There are a bunch of unicyclists who ride in Newcastle. Find them at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/188759087842449/

Comment

• Thank you so much for that I didn't know that many people ride in Newcastle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicycle fish View Post
                      Thank you so much for that I didn't know that many people ride in Newcastle.
                      There is also a weekly club on Thursday nights in Hornsby if you are willing to make the trip. And about 80-90 riders in Sydney also.

Comment

• Gaz in Darwin N.T.

Hi All
                        Anyone up this end in the Heat
                        Cheers Gaz

Comment

• Albury/Wodonga NSW and VIC border.

Riding:

20" QU-AX MUni
                          26" Numbus

Comment

• Sydney, NSW

Riding 20" Nimbus Trials
                            Dave, Sydney Australia
                            20" Nimbus Trials
                            20" Impact Trials
                            27.5" MAD4ONE Muni

Comment

• Wodonga, Vic

Almost riding:
                              20" Crane (Aldi)

Comment

• Originally posted by Vital Wombat View Post
                                Wodonga, Vic

Almost riding:
                                20" Crane (Aldi)
                                Nice, I started with that same uni. Didn't last long though, before long the wheel ended up very untrue (and untruable) and the cranks required tightening before every ride. I gave it to my sister to learn on but she never used it .

Comment

Working...
                                X