ISIS Crank Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZHI cranks

Has anyone tested ZHi cranks for muni or trial?
    I consider buying some, since they are pretty lightweight. Not sure about the durability, though...

Comment

Originally posted by zack28 View Post
      Has anyone tested ZHi cranks for muni or trial?
      I consider buying some, since they are pretty lightweight. Not sure about the durability, though...
      Never heard about ZHI before After a quick search on the internet, it seems like bike cranks (160mm to 175mm). So strength aside, it will be too long for trial with a 20 inches uni.

It may be possible to use them for Muni if you like long cranks or Muni with a big wheel (29/36). But at the price I saw some ZHI cranks listed, you can have some QX ZeroQ or KH Spirit for less and get strong cranks (with double insert & disk readiness for the KH).
      => CrMo 29: KH XC rim, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
      => Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS

Comment

Originally posted by Siddhartha Valmont View Post
        Never heard about ZHI before After a quick search on the internet, it seems like bike cranks (160mm to 175mm). So strength aside, it will be too long for trial with a 20 inches uni.

It may be possible to use them for Muni if you like long cranks or Muni with a big wheel (29/36). But at the price I saw some ZHI cranks listed, you can have some QX ZeroQ or KH Spirit for less and get strong cranks (with double insert & disk readiness for the KH).
        You're right, they would only make sense for 24 inch trial or breakeless Muni. Unfortunately I got the idea stuck in my head to get 160mm lightweight cranks for that, which eliminates every Uni crank I ever heard of. As for the price, all of the 160mm's who weigh about 410g or less are at least as expensive (TryAll, Rockman, Echo...)

Comment

Originally posted by zack28 View Post
          You're right, they would only make sense for 24 inch trial or breakeless Muni. Unfortunately I got the idea stuck in my head to get 160mm lightweight cranks for that, which eliminates every Uni crank I ever heard of. As for the price, all of the 160mm's who weigh about 410g or less are at least as expensive (TryAll, Rockman, Echo...)
          Speaking of Echos, I saw a pair on ebay today.

Comment

Hijacking this thread...
            I ride 150 cranks and have been looking for 150/170 or 145/165 or similar 2-hole versions. 150 for most rides, 165 for muni and technical climbs. 137/165 KH won't work. M41 makes 3-hole 117/138/159 so 20mm spacing looks possible.

Let's call it 150/170 - does anyone know if this is available or can be made? My guess is the leverage applied to 165+ makes 2-hole longer cranks subject to snapping? Any thoughts?
            Rob Urban
            KH 29 Schlumpf
            Nimbus 27.5 Oracle
            Nimbus II 26 Muni conversion

Comment

Originally posted by rrurban View Post
              Hijacking this thread...
              I ride 150 cranks and have been looking for 150/170 or 145/165 or similar 2-hole versions. 150 for most rides, 165 for muni and technical climbs. 137/165 KH won't work. M41 makes 3-hole 117/138/159 so 20mm spacing looks possible.

Let's call it 150/170 - does anyone know if this is available or can be made? My guess is the leverage applied to 165+ makes 2-hole longer cranks subject to snapping? Any thoughts?
              Contact directly Marco at marco@mad4one.com
              http://monocycle.info
              http://www.leblogdumonocycle.fr/
              CITY XTP 26", MUNI KH26" & KH29", ROAD Oracle 32" and KH36"
              my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)

Comment

Working...
              X