Post Your Current Projects Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OMG this is going to be SICK
    Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

Comment

Better get working on that tire, fire season is just around the corner...
      I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
        Rim came out to a whopping 3270g. If I follow through with the plan tire should be in the 2650g range 3.7" wide and about 39" tall. Once rolling this thing won't stop for anything, except maybe an uphill grade
        I can't wait to see how this turns out. Are you sewing together a couple of Larrys? What are you doing about a frame?

Comment

The plan is to sew together a couple Origin8 Devist8ers and probably make the frame out of square steel tubing (or whatever is laying around when I get around t it)

nothing about this thing is going to be light, hence the name change.

Someone over at the mtbr forum suggested I make a fat Penny Farthing, needless to say I am considering it. (thinking trials wheel for the back)
          My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And weíll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

Penny-riffic

Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
            Someone over at the mtbr forum suggested I make a fat Penny Farthing, needless to say I am considering it. (thinking trials wheel for the back)
            Eric, that would be awesome! A fat penny with your monster tyre on the front and a 19" trials on the back would be sweet, freak bike style! Looking forward to watching your progress.

One day i'd like to build a 36"/16" mini penny in a design similar to my 29"/12", but I think a full size penny is on the cards first though....so many toys!
            Ken Looi - Nostradamus of the unicycle world???

Comment

brake mount & polymorph

This is a brake mount made from the adapted section of a redundant projector mounting extrusion.
              The lever end is 'polymorph' a plastic that comes in pellet form and softens in hot water to a mouldable mass which then sets hard. Any shape you like
              Every day without a plant-a bonus.

Do Re Me So Far So Good - (Carter USM )

Comment

Originally posted by faceplanter View Post
                The lever end is 'polymorph' a plastic that comes in pellet form and softens in hot water to a mouldable mass which then sets hard. Any shape you like
                How well does polymorph work? Always wanted to try making a spooner from it.
                The mountainsí my playground, a place to unwind
                Where negative thoughts are left far behind - Terry Peterson

"I'll be racing the clouds home"

Comment

How well does polymorph work? Always wanted to try making a spooner from it.
                  This is my first try but it feels OK
                  Once itís on you are stuck with the shape you have moulded. The curve and the relief on the underside of the lever hold it in one plane. The feel is soft and waxy so you might want more grip.
                  Need to cut it off once set and not remouldable. (I havenít tried it in the blender yet.)
                  Every day without a plant-a bonus.

Do Re Me So Far So Good - (Carter USM )

Comment

Project finished Weight is 5,73 kg... could still loose some...
                    Attached Files
                    Riding for Triton
                    Supported by Municycle.com

Comment

Got a build list for that?
                      Unicycling: great for your thighs.

Comment

Marco,

Where did you get that hub? Inbound 125mm Nimbus, early release 100mm Nimbus, or a QuAx?

I'm getting 29 and 29 wheels with disc hubs, should be here in a week or so...
                        I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

Its a custom made hub. It was a Nimbus hub earlier, got one flange moved inside and welded on the disk-mount.

Partlist:

rim: Dartmoor Raider 2012 (ordered November last year, got it on monday...)
                          pedals: Dartmoor Fever (Alu CNC, weights 375g/pair, grippy as hell)
                          tire: Conti RubberQueen 2.4
                          cranks: Tensile 140mm
                          brake: Shimano SLX + MountainUni Adapter (very close fitting, but it works )
                          frame: KH 26
                          seatclamp: Exceed
                          seat: Axel base KH Freeride
                          Riding for Triton

Comment

More pictures:
                            Attached Files
                            Riding for Triton

Comment

that is super sexy!!!!
                              Roses are red, violets are blue, may I procreate with you so I can ride a g32!! - Alan hogan

Comment

Originally posted by Smilymarco View Post
                                Its a custom made hub. It was a Nimbus hub earlier, got one flange moved inside and welded on the disk-mount.

Partlist:

rim: Dartmoor Raider 2012 (ordered November last year, got it on monday...)
                                pedals: Dartmoor Fever (Alu CNC, weights 375g/pair, grippy as hell)
                                tire: Conti RubberQueen 2.4
                                cranks: Tensile 140mm
                                brake: Shimano SLX + MountainUni Adapter (very close fitting, but it works )
                                frame: KH 26
                                seatclamp: Exceed
                                seat: Axel base KH Freeride
                                Nice That rim is light!!!!! Do you notice much of a difference in the width of that rim verse a kh rim?

Comment

Working...
                                X