"Official" 29er Tire Reviews Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crossmark

Just to say that after putting some more time and km in on the Maxxis Crossmark, I still like it greatly.

There is almost no buzz on pavement, but I have never felt that the tyre let me down and caused me to slip until last weekend. To be fair, the track was very muddy, and the bikes were also slipping all over the place.

I prefer it to the Kenda Karma I had originally.

Comment

• Look who's getting a Hans...

Shame the KH29 frames are out of stock at UDCUK...
      You know how people can do a "kick up" mount? Well I can do a "kick down" dismount. - Cloudz

Things are easy, apart from when they aren't

Comment

• Shame the KH29 frames are out of stock at UDCUK...
        Umm, the Oracle 29 frame with the Knard capable crown is in stock...
        I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

• Originally posted by Nurse Ben View Post
          I've already got a Oracle 24 so I fancy a bit of a change. Not that there's anything wrong with the Oracle frames though.
          You know how people can do a "kick up" mount? Well I can do a "kick down" dismount. - Cloudz

Comment

• i need help...

what is the max diameter of the 29 x 3 knard?

thanks jogi
            bei tierquälern hört die toleranz auf.
            wer elfenbein konsumiert tötet elefanten,
            wer fleisch ißt quält und tötet
            www.ridetriton.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob Young View Post
              I've already got a Oracle 24 so I fancy a bit of a change. Not that there's anything wrong with the Oracle frames though.
              ...But unfortunatley you can't get the KH29 frames until July . Looks like it might have to be an Oracle although I've been hearing bad things about the D'Brake of late link.
              Last edited by Jacob Young; 2013-05-08, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob Young View Post
                I've been hearing bad things about the D'Brake of late link.
                Update: I though the whole D'Brake breaking thing sounded a bit 'too bad to be true' - my trust in Nimbus has been restored

EDIT: Hans is here! I wasn't expecting him to be so sticky (I bought the Pacestar) but other than that it looks like he'll ride well. Can't wait to get the rest of my 29er.
                Last edited by Jacob Young; 2013-05-08, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Whereabout?
                  There are this information: It will fit a 29 x 2.5 tire with a small clearance.
                  ELSBET 2010/2011/2013 // Schauinslandkönig 2010 // RTB Leipzig 2010/Kirchberg an der Jagst 2013 // Marathon Düsseldorf 2011 // ODM Trial Rottenburg 2013

Ebenen sind der Gipfel an geographischer Niveaulosigkeit!

Comment

• Whereabout?
                    There are this information: It will fit a 29 x 2.5 tire with a small clearance.
                    The Knard is 3", a true 3", so ~1/2 wider than a Duro Wildlife Leopard 3". Problems with fit are both crown height and frame width.

Josh has Knards for his bike, and he's building up a Rabbit Hole muni wheel, so he would be the one to better answer the fit question, though he did tell me that the Oracle 29 crown was adjusted to fit a Knard.

If you wait, my guess is that UDC will update the descriptions and/or post pics with the Knard on a Oracle 29, but a call to UDC will confirm the fit, then it's just a matter of someone ordering one and showing us the results

Kris has also suggested he'll bump his 29" frame to fit the 29+ tires.

Now that I'm riding the Knard on a Rabbt Hole 50mm rim, all I can say is that this is one big arse tire, so don't expect anything bigger when the next round of 29+ tires are released.

But if you need to go bigger then build up a 26" x 4" (or 5") to get your thrills.
                    Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2013-05-09, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Nope! Just been talking to Paul from UDCUK and they aren't in stock yet.

Comment

• The official word, well at least the wor(l)d according to Josh at UDC USA:

The complete Oracle 29's from the new container (#129) are the only Oracle frames that have been adjusted to fit the Knard. So, if you are contemplating the purchase of a new Oracle 29, and you plan to ride a Knard, you need to specify stock from container #129. Tara Lynn will know what you're talking about when you "call in" your order.

In the meantime, all the bare Oracle 29 frames are old stock and will not fit the Knard.

There "might be" some adjusted Oracle 29 frames on the June container, but Josh wasn't sure what had been ordered and realistically they won't know for sure until they get the container.

Anyone planning to order a new Oracle 29?

I have no idea about the UK, that's a question for Roger.

Meanwhile, the Oregon frame DOES fit the Knard very nicely

Comment

Anyone planning to order a new Oracle 29?
                          I plan to order a new Oracle 29, but the frame only, for a custom setting. I would prefer to order in europe, best in germany at Roland. If impossible in europe, then in USA.
                          Last edited by Maxilainen; 2013-05-09, 09:04 PM.
                          ELSBET 2010/2011/2013 // Schauinslandkönig 2010 // RTB Leipzig 2010/Kirchberg an der Jagst 2013 // Marathon Düsseldorf 2011 // ODM Trial Rottenburg 2013

Ebenen sind der Gipfel an geographischer Niveaulosigkeit!

Comment

• Got an HD today. Can't vouch for how it rides yet, but it sure looks like it'll be sweet. If it lives up to half the hype it's gotten, it'll be worth it.
                            "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

• Well I eventually went for it and bought myself a 29er tyre with the most appropriate brand name for a unicycle tyre - just couldn't resist the cheapness, given I could almost buy 3 of those for the cost of one HD.

Will report back when I've ridden it a bit more - have been injured and not really riding much or anything too hard. However on first impressions I quite like it - feels extremely similar to the Fat Albert I had on my 26er (which whilst it's not a popular tyre itself, my understanding is that fundamentally it's not all that dissimilar in construction and rubber compound to a HD, so should perform comparably). My first foray into 29er riding off road, so I'm mainly being impressed with how well it rolls over and up stuff, but I don't think that's down to the tyre.
                              Unicycling: great for your thighs.

Comment

• Originally posted by aracer View Post
                                Well I eventually went for it and bought myself a 29er tyre with the most appropriate brand name for a unicycle tyre - just couldn't resist the cheapness, given I could almost buy 3 of those for the cost of one HD.
                                I'm guessing On-One. Did you get the Chunky Monkey or the Smorgasbord? My understanding is that the Chunky Monkey is built on the Ardent casing so it should be a good tire.

Comment

Working...
                                X