The "official" Muni Tyre Review Page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5x2.8 EVO APX TLE TS

I now have a Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5x2.8 EVO APX TLE TS. This tire is equipped with snakeskin sidewall plus apex carcass. Mine weights 956g.
    On the trail it rides as forgiving as the Duro with really good damping while being much faster and more nimble. It maneuvers precise w/o auto steer. For me it has the qualification for being THE reference tire for 27.5+ munis. I love it.
    Einradfahren in Sachsen:
    einradsachsen.com
    f/EinradSachsen
    02.06.2019: Europamarathon

Comment

• Tire pressure Dirt Wizard

What's the lowest pressure you can ride the Dirt Wizard 120 TPI at, with a bodyweight of approximately 133 lbs?
      Even though riders often say it was easy to find the right pressure, I haven't managed to do so.

Thanks a lot in advance...

Comment

• Originally posted by zack28 View Post
        What's the lowest pressure you can ride the Dirt Wizard 120 TPI at, with a bodyweight of approximately 133 lbs?
        Even though riders often say it was easy to find the right pressure, I haven't managed to do so.

Thanks a lot in advance...
        Lower your pressure until you start hitting your rim during a ride. Add a bit back in and this is your minimum pressure.

Some tire and rim combos have strange handling characteristics at these low pressures while others are more manageable.

Low pressure with a wider rim will squirm less than equally low pressure with a narrower rim, but will have a higher risk of pinch flats.
        My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

• Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
          Lower your pressure until you start hitting your rim during a ride. Add a bit back in and this is your minimum pressure.

Some tire and rim combos have strange handling characteristics at these low pressures while others are more manageable.

Low pressure with a wider rim will squirm less than equally low pressure with a narrower rim, but will have a higher risk of pinch flats.
          I'll definitely try that! If it's stil not great afterwards, now I know why

Cheers

Comment

• Any opinions/reviews on 27.5 tires?

I am currently riding a Mad4One 27.5 Muni with a Duro Miner 27.5 X 3.00 Tire.
            I am liking it but an considering trying another tire. It is prone to thorn punctures in my area. I may try sealant in the inner tube but do want to hear what others think of different tires.
            I ride mountain singletreck trails and neighborhood dirt trails.

These are the tires I am considering:
            Kenda Havok Tire, 27.5 x 3.0
            DURO Crux 27.5" x 3.25
            VEE RUBBER 27.5 x 3.00
            Maxxis Chronicle 27.5X3.00
            Schwalbe Nobby Nic 27.5x3.00

Any thoughts?
            thanks

Comment

• Surly Dirt Wizard 27.5x 3.0

The Surly Dirt Wizard 27.5x3.0 is a real Muni Tire with deep Profile and stiffer sidewalls.

Forget the other tires, the Dirt Wizard is much better.
              Fährt seit 1981 Einrad..26 Zoll ist meine bevorzugte Radgrösse.

Mein Lieblingssetup:

QX Eleven- Sattel, QX26" Gabel, KH26 - Felge, Vee Tire T- Fatty 26x 3.0 Reifen

Einradshop Schweiz
              Rasiershop
              Schwimmbojen

Comment

• Originally posted by Denver PT View Post
                I am currently riding a Mad4One 27.5 Muni with a Duro Miner 27.5 X 3.00 Tire.
                I am liking it but an considering trying another tire. It is prone to thorn punctures in my area. I may try sealant in the inner tube but do want to hear what others think of different tires.
                I ride mountain singletreck trails and neighborhood dirt trails.

thanks
                If you are fine with the tire itself and just have thorn puctures, why not going tubeless? Rolling resistance will also decrease.

Comment

• If it fits the frame, I'm very happy with the Duro Crux 27.5x3.25". Measured width is about 82 mm. The slightly higher volume is noticeably more forgiving on technical trails, but it doesn't suffer from any of the disadvantages of a truly fat tire - despite having fairly aggressive tread, there are no issues with self steering and it still corners well and feels agile. Those are the reasons I spec'd it standard on the KH27.5 this year.

Comment

• I would recommend the Schwalbe Nobby Nic, but the version with Apex Carcasse (APX). I ride it in 27.5x2.8 and it's by far the best tire i've ever ridden.
                    Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                    einradsachsen.com
                    f/EinradSachsen
                    02.06.2019: Europamarathon

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric aus Chemnitz View Post
                      I would recommend the Schwalbe Nobby Nic, but the version with Apex Carcasse (APX). I ride it in 27.5x2.8 and it's by far the best tire i've ever ridden.
                      I would support Eric on this. I also ride this tire, especially now as it gets wet, slippery, muddy in autumn time I have very good grip on the trails. Sidewalls give good damping with the APEX layers, the volume is forgiving on rough terrain. Tire is also available in 27,5 x 3,0.

Comment

• I have a KH26 with a Surly Knard 120TPI 3" and I'm not very happy with it; I fell it not very stable, too round, sides not very strong, sensitive to camber, sensitive to pressure and difficult to find the good compromise between camber (2.1 bar = 30 PSI) / uncomfortable (2.4 bar = 35 PSI), poor for traction

Which tyre would you recommend ?

nb : I'm 74 kg = 165 lb, ride more cross country than freeride
                        http://monocycle.info
                        http://www.leblogdumonocycle.fr/
                        CITY XTP 26", MUNI KH26" & KH29", ROAD Oracle 32" and KH36"
                        my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)

Comment

• Have a look at a Maxxis Minion DHR.
                          I think it's a great tire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Canoeheadted View Post
                            Have a look at a Maxxis Minion DHR.
                            I think it's a great tire.
                            Seems it's 2.5" max only and not very light
                            http://monocycle.info
                            http://www.leblogdumonocycle.fr/
                            CITY XTP 26", MUNI KH26" & KH29", ROAD Oracle 32" and KH36"
                            my goal : a 3 geared 29" to have only one uni for all kind of rides :-)

Comment

• Sorry, I guess it's a Maxxis Minion DHR II which does come in a 3".
                              I have one on my 29" Oracle.

I just fire off half my can of bearspray so the heavier weight has no bearing on me.

Comment

• Minion DHR II

Canoeheadted how tight is the 3.0 DHR II in the 29er Oracle frame?
                                "A unicycle is a silly contraption."
                                My wife

Comment

Working...
                                X