Custom Titanium Unicycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unicyclerman View Post
    ya i think once my frames get out there you will see. one of the advantages of not welding the frames is that we can have a great warranty. at any time if something breaks it can easily be replaced. we havnt worked out the details yet but im hoping we can just put a lifetime warranty on it. if not it would only be a 10 dollar repair tops unless you somehow total it, which considering my frame i think would be impossible. i would be fine with driving a car over the top of my frame.

i LOVE the welds on your frames btw. they are megan fox beautiful
    Thanks for compliment though it's Dmitry and the chicos@Triton that deserve the praise!

Props to you for wanting to offer that kind of post-sales service. Triton has been operating by that principal since the beginning, offering lifetime coverage. Thankfully, most titanium alloys, including the one used for Tritons, are perfectly able to be rewelded back to full strength in the *rare* event of any severe damage. You'd genuinely have to be throwing it off buildings and landing it seat-first to manage that though.

To me, it's not about the competition of sales. The price we set for the Triton Sponge frames were very low, not much higher than manufacturing cost in actuality. Profit is not the motive of Triton to begin with anyway, as it started as a hobby of Dmitry's that grew huge!

Originally posted by EB engineer View Post
    Good to see some more people with a real world knowledge of the properties of materials. Our carbon will use a stiff resin, and will be joined to the crown with an epoxy with a tensile strength of around 5000lbs, with tight tolerances between the surfaces. The crown itself is CNC'd from high grade billet aluminum using a surfacing program which will allow for smooth surfaces and high strength. Any of the pictures you have seen of the frame were of the preliminary prototype. The final prototype will be completed in a few weeks, with drastic changes to the shape. Out of curiosity, what grade of titanium is used on the custom frames? and is it vacuum welded?
    Sounds good about the frames, I'm glad it's going different to what random little clips of the protos I've seen on the odd vid I saw casually.

The Ti alloy used is 'OT4', though it actually has a standard Western-world code that is more comparable to the other alloys, I forget right now though. It's not one used in the Western World, as it's exclusive to the Russian Federation, ever since the end of the Cold War. Russia itself processes and uses a lot more titanium in its manufacture and industries than the US if memory serves me correct. Triton have done their homework well, very well!

Comment

Cool, have you gotten any of the price quotes from Dmitri yet?

Comment

Originally posted by uniaddict View Post
        Cool, have you gotten any of the price quotes from Dmitri yet?
        Yeh, what's the price for a 20"
        "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the others. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

Comment

Dmitry hasn't been online in a while. He's just very very busy, but he definitely is looking to start everything up. I'll let everyone know when he's ready and set to begin taking orders again.

Base price for a standard Trials version was 550 USD before, it may go up slightly depending on material costs these days. Titanium isn't cheap. I'll ask Dmitry anyway. Depending on demand, if it's high, then maybe he'll be OK with not passing on the higher material costs to consumers.

Comment

Got bored, it looked pretty plain by itself, and I loved the red and black stickering Zack did on his ages ago, gave it a mean look. So I stickered it up with some stuff Jess sent me in the mail (thanks man!) on the neck and some random Odyssey 41 Thermal fork sticker on the legs... Now I'm after a Koxx Dan Heaton Pro Street badge for the bottom of the neck.

Last edited by Sponge; 2009-06-10, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Last Page

Pretty good mix Id say, sorry I didnt post this sooner. I dont get on here much.

The setlist was:

Worship Your Demons
              Graves Of The Fathers
              We Bleed
              Abigor
              The Headsmen
              Emaciate
              Slit Your Guts
              Carrionshine
              Anoit The Dead
              Cold Hate, Warm Blood
              Phobophile Encore
              ree Full Music

Comment

I hope it's soon. I'm gettin all antsy.
                Last edited by uniaddict; 2009-06-13, 04:59 AM.

Comment

does anyone have one of those nimbus titanium frames? I know it doesn't seem worth it at all but I thought someone would have bought one by now

Comment

Originally posted by Sponge View Post
                    Got bored, it looked pretty plain by itself, and I loved the red and black stickering Zack did on his ages ago, gave it a mean look. So I stickered it up with some stuff Jess sent me in the mail (thanks man!) on the neck and some random Odyssey 41 Thermal fork sticker on the legs... Now I'm after a Koxx Dan Heaton Pro Street badge for the bottom of the neck.
                    You know what else would look good on that frame? A wheel and a seat! C'mon Sponge, you've been messing about with that frame for a couple of years now. Surely it's time to ride it now?

STM

Comment

• Originally posted by Myles View Post
                      does anyone have one of those nimbus titanium frames? I know it doesn't seem worth it at all but I thought someone would have bought one by now
                      Tony Melton does heres a link which has a link to the pics http://www.unicycle.org.nz/bb/viewtopic.php?t=2260
                      You know your not succeding when you know your not achiving anything

Comment

• God is that an ugly uni...

Rip-off ISIS hub, and an even more of a rip of ugly Nimbus frame... crap brand, crap design frame, whoever made that doesnt have much creativity or sense of style..

Tritons are like similar or cheaper than those Nimbuses... and freaking KILL IT in every way possible any news from Dmitry?

Comment

• Originally posted by manicpanicmuni View Post
                          Rip-off ISIS hub, and an even more of a rip of ugly Nimbus frame... crap brand, crap design frame, whoever made that doesnt have much creativity or sense of style..
                          Rip off?

Sorry, but for freestyle, that frame is really good. The brand is not crap at all, you're cappy.

UDC made that, you know unicycle.com...? Oh yeah the shops all around the world that made the sport grow...

Comment

• Originally posted by Emile.m View Post
                            Rip off?

Sorry, but for freestyle, that frame is really good. The brand is not crap at all, you're cappy.

UDC made that, you know unicycle.com...? Oh yeah the shops all around the world that made the sport grow...
                            I wouldn't worry. No-one is hating on UDC. The combination of very high price and, shall we say, 'conservative' design has some people a bit exercised, believing that the price is gouging, when in fact it is due to high western materials and labour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emile.m View Post
                              Rip off?

Originally posted by drumstuck View Post
                              I wouldn't worry. No-one is hating on UDC. The combination of very high price and, shall we say, 'conservative' design has some people a bit exercised, believing that the price is gouging, when in fact it is due to high western materials and labour.
                              You could get a custom, made to order, ti frame for less.....

Comment

• You mean Triton.

Comment

Working...
                                X