No announcement yet.

Custom Titanium Unicycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can i buy triton frames? IS there a website?
    Last edited by raymanh; 2009-05-19, 04:58 PM.
    "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the others. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

Comment

Now,

what if I were to say that Triton was coming back for sure? ... in the near future?

Nothing's concrete, but I've been in talks.

Comment

PLEASE fill us in!
        IF so i need to start saving.

Comment

That would be pretty exciting. How about a nice 26" frame with magura mounts and just enough clearance for a 26x3 Gazzaloddi? Kh/Schlumpf compatible? That would be very tempting...
          Last edited by munirocks; 2009-05-19, 10:30 PM.
          -knee

Comment

Originally posted by Sponge View Post
            Now,

what if I were to say that Triton was coming back for sure? ... in the near future?

I would buy one as soon as they came out.
            -Pat Lally

Comment

It's all well and good saying you'd like to buy one, but these things are serious frames for serious riders. It's not the average off the mill aluminium or steel frame made by a standard Taiwanese factory (which is still good!) Hence, they do cost a fair bit as a raw number, but a very low and fair price considering the raw material costs. Triton isn't a big mass profit harvesting brand, I worked with Dmitry so we could offer this sport something that other brands don't want to risk trying. It was a gamble, but it proved to be positive.

For 2009 onwards, we will be able to offer custom longneck lengths if you want it, or the standard length, which is fine.

Secondly: Either RAW titanium finish, or POLISHED titanium finish.

Thirdly: Might release a very very limited edition of frames with a different design. (We're talking a tiny batch of 1-3, for those that can afford it!)

Keep on riding...

Comment

It's all well and good saying you'd like to buy one, but these things are serious frames for serious riders.
                But what if your not a serious rider and you have money and you would like a frame of supreme quality and design what would be the problem of purchasing?

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler 258 View Post
                  But what if your not a serious rider and you have money and you would like a frame of supreme quality and design what would be the problem of purchasing?
                  I think then you're probably a funny rich rider. Should be possible to order a triton anyways imho
                  -knee

Comment

Hence, they do cost a fair bit as a raw number, but a very low and fair price considering the raw material costs.
                    So what are we talking about in terms of price and payment options for, say, a 29" frame?

Comment

Now,

Sponge, make it happen, man, pleeeeease.

I may have to remortgage my house but I want at least 2 frames! Work out the cost of making these and add a profit margin which motivates those involved to do it.

Can I suggest also a ti seatpost while you are at it. These could be made in batches as they are only two pieces and one weld? Again, add a profit that works for you.

My biggest problem would be stopping myself ordering spare frames of each size

This is great news. I hope these appear again.
                      Last edited by drumstuck; 2009-05-21, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by munirocks View Post
                        that would be pretty exciting. How about a nice 26" frame with magura mounts and just enough clearance for a 26x3 gazzaloddi? Kh/schlumpf compatible? That would be very tempting...

+1

If everything's under control, you're going too slow

I trust in those:

Triton

Mountainuni Brake System

Schlumpf

Comment

Those that are interested in a frame, shoot me a PM across with specs:

-What size frame you're after
                          -Neck length? (standard is 16cm)
                          -Raw or polished?
                          -Magura mounts or not?

Those who are interested in the limited batch design, let me know too. It'll cost a bit over the tried and true Sponge crown design.

Comment

What does the special crown look like and how much more is it than the regular frames?

Comment

Sponge - PM'ed you via hotmail. Don't forget to add to this thread if this idea turns out to be a big fat no, so I don't have to stay hopefully balanced on the end of my seat

Comment

It's all down to Dmitry and the time he has. He's keen to get it going again, as am I. He is just super busy a lot of the time, and hasn't been online for a week or so, hence why I'm relatively quiet. I'll inform him of all the latest messages I've received from you guys, and he'll be able to provide answers.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

Working...
                                X