No announcement yet.

Custom Titanium Unicycles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest edition of Uni magazine has an advert by Qu-Ax which mentions their new titanium frame. I've looked on their website, and had a quick search here, but can't find any information about it. Does anyone else know about this?

STM

Comment

• Originally posted by semach.the.monkey View Post
      The latest edition of Uni magazine has an advert by Qu-Ax which mentions their new titanium frame. I've looked on their website, and had a quick search here, but can't find any information about it. Does anyone else know about this?

STM
      Haha, it's funny how every compagny makes Ti frames now, exept Kris Holm.... they will come I haven't seen the Qu-ax Ti though, I dont have Uni magazine
      Jakob F.

Comment

• Can someone scan that magazine so we can see the Qu-Ax Ti frame?

Comment

• Here you go...

Click image for larger version

Name:	image0-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	2424845

... but I really would recommend subscribing to the magazine

STM

Comment

... but I really would recommend subscribing to the magazine

STM
            how?! Where?! I would really like to
            Last edited by jaco_flans; 2009-10-27, 11:04 PM.
            Jakob F.

Comment

• How about checking their website? Or you can get it at municycle.ca.
              Last edited by munirocks; 2009-10-27, 11:39 PM.
              -knee

Comment

• Little disapointed about the qu-ax frame,
                its almost the same as the ti koxx-one devil frame.

offcourse its cool that qu-ax is making a ti frame.
                but when you make something out of such nice matrial, put some more design in it.

Comment

• Originally posted by eenwieler-sander View Post
                  Little disapointed about the qu-ax frame,
                  its almost the same as the ti koxx-one devil frame.

offcourse its cool that qu-ax is making a ti frame.
                  but when you make something out of such nice matrial, put some more design in it.
                  Yah. Definately do not like that frame shape. It is very vicious.
                  I have my moments...

Comment

• Still working on the Ti frame 26" build. There were some growing pains, we're on frame #3, but david has done a good job working with me to build the best frame possible. The frame is now complete and he wrote me to say it was mailing out today. After I get it together and do some riding I'll post pics and a review.
                    I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

The latest edition of Uni magazine has an advert by Qu-Ax which mentions their new titanium frame. I've looked on their website, and had a quick search here, but can't find any information about it. Does anyone else know about this?
                      The website has now been updated;
                      http://qu-ax.com/en/Blog/20091/20091...k-with-MyQU-AX
                      Still not much info though.

STM

Comment

• I'd rather have a Triton but at least there's no break mounts on it!
                        Jakob F.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
                          I'd rather have a Triton but at least there's no break mounts on it!
                          No brake mounts on Triton or Qu-Ax?
                          Brake mounts on Tritons are optional upon request
                          Triton Bikes

Custom Titanium bikes and unicycles handmade in Russia

Comment

• Originally posted by gazza View Post
                            No brake mounts on Triton or Qu-Ax?
                            Brake mounts on Tritons are optional upon request
                            On the Qu-ax, becaus qu-ax trials uni normaly have brake mounts because they are called munis.
                            Jakob F.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaco_flans View Post
                              On the Qu-ax, becaus qu-ax trials uni normaly have brake mounts because they are called munis.
                              I see
                              Thanks
                              Triton Bikes

Custom Titanium bikes and unicycles handmade in Russia

Comment

• Hey guys, not to rain on your parade, but carbon and Ti are a more flexible material than alminum and steel, esp if you're looking at building a frame that is as light as aluminum. Aluminum is the best material for frames because it is light, strong, stiff, inexpensive, and easy to work.

Ti is the exact opposite in all respects other than lightness. HOWEVER, to make a Ti frame as stiff as steel, you have to use a thicker tubing, which reduces some of the weight saings.

Carbon is a totally different ball o' wax since it is a carbon fiber made stiff by being impregnated with Epoxy. It's good stuff, but again wall thickess is an issue if you want stiff, so lightness comes at a price: Flex. The crown and bearing holders are still aluminum BTW. Carbon has issues with impact resistance, no getting away from that fact, just ask a bike rider and they'll tell you the same.

Steel and aluminum are the best, which explains why they are so common. If you have the cash, aluminum has the advantage of being lighter than steel. If you have a whole lot more cash, then you can go exotic with Ti or Carbon.

Ti is not better. Carbon is not better. It's just a material choice, you choose the material based on your needs and cash flow.

I love my Ti frame, but, if I had to do it again I'd get a KH 26 without a second thought. It's just Ti guys, it won't make you a better rider.

One more comment on Carbon: The joints that are formed between the aluminum and carbon are glued, Glue has a tendency to break down as it is flexed, esp when the two surfaces being bonded are made from different materials. I have run a carbon fork, it was flexy, and over time it began to creak. The frame builder is guaranteeing his frame, but guarantees are only as good as the business that supports them. In terms of longevity, the carbon frame has the shortest expected lifespan, then aluminum, then steel, then Ti.
                                Last edited by Nurse Ben; 2009-11-13, 05:31 PM.
                                I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

Working...
                                X