ISIS hub Product review.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skrobo View Post

really... just adjust your tension a little.
    when they break off you can cry about it.
    Adjust the tension? As in loosening it to weaken the wheel, putting the rim out of true?

Its pretty bad to unbend the flanges just to pull the spokes in and out of the hub when lacing the wheel up. Its also bad when the flanges crack and start to rip away from the hub.
    Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
    Want some advice? Do better.
    ~Jerrick

Comment

how many sets of flanges have you heard of doing that?
      one?
      ><> Unicycle For Christ <><
      MY VIDEOS
      World Record
      94cm Highest Hop (rolling)
      308cm Longest Hop (10 feet)
      210cm Static Flat Gap

Comment

Originally posted by skrobo View Post
        how many sets of flanges have you heard of doing that?
        one?
        Having the rim pull out of true? Too many to count.
        Needing to bend the flanges out to get the spokes? So far, everyone who I have talked to with a KH hub, even some with the Koxx hub.
        Cracking and pulling away? 3.
        Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
        Want some advice? Do better.
        ~Jerrick

Comment

I was wondering... The flanges are the circle shaped things the spokes go through, right?
          I have my moments...

Comment

Originally posted by Michaelgoround View Post
            I was wondering... The flanges are the circle shaped things the spokes go through, right?
            yes.
            MountainUni
            or make it a dinglespeed - saskatchewanian

Comment

Just bought a 125mm nimbus isis disc hub (the aluminium one). Strangely, unlike the steel hubs, this hub isnt drilled through, the crank bolt holes are drilled 60mm deep from each side, leaving a solid 63mm of untouched aluminium in the center.

For a weightweenie hub, this is unacceptable! (Roger or anyone involved in the design, was there a reason for this, be it cost saving or strength?) With the m12 thread, even if the center section was drilled through then not threaded, this would mean a 14g weight saving on a 207.75g (exc bearing & spacer) hub!
              Last edited by Wennn; 2017-08-27, 11:25 AM.

Comment

What are you using that hub for? Muni? Let us know how it goes

Comment

Yes I am, however my unicycle and I only weigh 67kg and I havent been able to break the Qu-ax aluminium cranks, so perhaps I'm not too harsh on equipment.

Will certainly uodate as time goes on though!

Comment

Working...
                  X