Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009 Nimbus 26" Muni Frame with Factory Brake Mounts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Nimbus 26" Muni Frame with Factory Brake Mounts!

I just got my new frame back from the powder coater, it is soooo awesome!!

Essentially it is the same as the Nimbus II, but wider at the crown and now they come with brake mounts

Quality and materials appear to be the same as my other two Nimbus frames. Mine came with a factory chrome, I wanted a color so I chose "safety yellow". I had mine powdered locally, but apparently you can have your frame painted by Nimbus for relatively little $$.

With a Gazzolodi 2.6 mounted on a Double Wide rim, I have a solid 1/2" to spare on either side and plenty of space between the tire and the crown; a 3" Duro or Gazz will fit sure!

Apparently the new frames come standard on the 24"/26" Muni, so ask fr one if you're looking to get a new muni.

Here she is:

Nimbus 26" Muni Frame
    Nimbus Isis Hub
    Ringle Double Wide Rim
    Gazz 2.6
    KH Moments 165mm
    KH Seatpost Rail-Less
    KH Street Gel Seat
    Salsa Seat Post Clamp
    Snafu Pedals
    Magura Hydraulic Brake, Braided Steel Lines, and KH Spooner

I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Idk how much clearence do you think an intense dh would have.

Comment

wow that is beautiful.
      http://www.Unicyclist.ca

Comment

The 2.6 Gazz is ~2.5" at the widest.
        The 2009 Nimbus frame is 3.5"

I'd say that any 3" tire will fit with at least 1/4" clearance on either side.

They did a nice job on the brake boss set up, just enough room for the brakes on a doublewide rim, yet still abhle to run a narrower rim and brake.
        I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

Lose the quick release. Other than that very nice.

Comment

thats a nice uni you have there, but how come you have an 09 model in 2008? Do you have a time machine? If so whats in store for us next year... any new KH's
            This is no longer a blank signature, that is all

Comment

Wow, that's a beauty! I'm glad to know that there's an inexpensive 26er frame now with brake bosses, as my 14 year old son is riding a very similar setup (same gazz jr tire, but with 140s!) and would like a little help on the downhills sometimes.
              ==========================
              Peter Kittle * Chico, CA
              "The Revolution is just a t-shirt away."
              --Billy Bragg

==========================

Comment

I think that that will be my next upgrade for my MUni along with finally installing the break that I purchased last fall.

Once that is done the Tire, and tube will be the only things stock left on my unicycle. mmmm, then I could build up my old one again with all the spare bits I have
                My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

I dont think i've ever been quite so excited about seeing brake mounts before.

Think my 24" will be getting transformed into a 26" sometime soon.

Great stuff

Comment

Nurse Ben comes from the future.

This is great news! I have to order that frame.

Beautiful uni Ben!
                    My Blog
                    My Website

Comment

I was thinking of a 26" muni for my next one once I get more proficient with my 20" Schwinn. That looks nice.

Comment

Looks awesome, I like the color.

This is Ben from Haw Ridge on labor day btw.
                        Ben: http://www.youtube.com/user/bksk1lz

_/\^- 2009 Asheville MUnifest Co-Champion

Comment

looking good Ben. I can't wait to see it up close next time we ride.
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/KevinAlexanderSmith

Comment

man now they come with brake mounts. i'm pissed. i still need to weld my mounts on.
                            Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Comment

It was a great idea to have a 26" frame with brake mounts finally. I guess the only two out of box choices now are the Nimbus frame and the Surly frame.
                              -James

Comment

Working...
                              X