The Official 19" Trials Tyre Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brendan
    i never thought of that constraint... i guess the luna would be the least affected by it... damn riding at -20c... i guess i'd have to break my rule of always riding jumperless...
    jumperless, ha ha, that really did make me lol
    hey cockman

Comment

Hey Sponge, you spelled tire wrong

thanks for the thread!
      Last edited by mornish; 2007-12-02, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Danni
        50F? That's not even below 0C. Haha, come ride here where it's -20C with your lovely try all.
        dude, try riding at -20F!!!!

but i think that the Try-all is far superior to the CC, but i find that my try-all dies faster than my friends CC.
        MRIS!!!!
        3,000th post!

Comment

Originally posted by Det-riot
          dude, try riding at -20F!!!!

but i think that the Try-all is far superior to the CC, but i find that my try-all dies faster than my friends CC.
          read his post he says -20 celsciuse (sp) i rode in -10 F though, that was cold and my tire was so stiff...
          Last edited by Spoonthumb; 2007-12-03, 12:24 AM.
          hey cockman

Comment

Originally posted by Spoonthumb
            read his post he says -20 celsciuse (sp) i rode in -10 F though, that was cold and my tire was so stiff...
            i know, -20F is colder, and my tire was like a rock
            MRIS!!!!
            3,000th post!

Comment

Originally posted by Det-riot
              i know, -20F is colder, and my tire was like a rock
              i dident read your post, oops
              hey cockman

Comment

-20F = - 28C

I don't even go out when it's that cold, though I have seen calgary under 35C.

Comment

-20F, haha yea that sounds like a likely time to go for a ride. I dont think trial tires need hit that range.
                  ---
                  Uneed Films

Whats up with Street and Flat?
                  the Unicycle Lab

Comment

Originally posted by mornish
                    Hey Sponge, you spelled tire wrong

thanks for the thread!
                    No he didn't in England we spell it Tyre

Good thread and review, I still use the CC and apart from the folding like you say I have no issues with it. I have tried the try-all tyre also but didn't like it as much, not saying it was bad just a personal preference.

I would like to try some others but not sure where to get most from, anyone got a list of retailers?
                    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of the complete fools

My Website

Fat-Tyre.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by bungalistic
                      I would like to try some others but not sure where to get most from, anyone got a list of retailers?
                      Well there's the onza and monty(out of stock) here...
                      1-wheeled-grape: ''I could never do yoga... I'm too fat I was forced to do it in primary school and the results were by no means fun'' ... ''If my belly doesn't scare me though no nakedness will''

Comment

Originally posted by jamessd
                        Well there's the onza and monty(out of stock) here...
                        That link didn't work for me try this link and click on where it says "Click here for trials tyres".

jim

Comment

I went riding out last might, -20C. My CC was rock hard. I tried a rolling side hop between two cracks of sidewalk. My tire had no grip. It slipped on clean concrete... I now have a sprained shoulder, no more riding for two weeks.

CC SUCK

Comment

So I'm getting a new tire, and right now I have a CC.

I like the rail grip you were talking about for the try-all, but I'm kind of hesitant cause of what you said about the bounce. I'm pretty light (100 pounds) and since you said it has a stiff rebound, I'm not sure I would be able to get much bounce out of it.
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUKySpQh2qU

Comment

Ive always have a CC but my next tire will be a Luna for sure. Softer which means more bounce IMO....I also really like the tread design...Which makes a softer ride....And are a better Urban trials tire, which I ride urban trials and the odd time ride natural....

So Max I think you should consider a Luna, although you do ride quite a bit of Natural trials I think?

Isaac
                              sponsored by:

Comment

Luna's are heavy, not very good grip, and ok bounce.
                                I would go for the Monty EG.

Comment

Working...
                                X