The Official 19" Trials Tyre Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by agentQ
    Dude, Jerrick has weird opinions on all sorts of things. Just beacuse he wore down a CC and still chooses to ride it, doesnt change the factual information Sponge posted. Please do everyon on here a favor and STOP POSTING your conversation here. You added your opinion, as second handed as it may be. I think we get what you are trying to say.
    Yeah, why am I getting dragged into this?

I never said my tire was shaved, I said I rode it for as long as I did to get it to wear out.

I dont think my opinions are weird though. I read a lot on this site, and a lot of what I read, is the exact oppesite of what I experience with my riding and equipment.

Like this quote from Sponge.
    Originally posted by Sponge
    Regarding the Maxxis CC thread showing thing... maybe it's because you haven't scraped your sidewalls by accident? or don't hop on slanted surfaces with lowish tyre pressures? Just have a look at your CC sidewalls and you can see threads sewn in behind the thin layer of black.
    Now here is my fact about this. I do ride on slanted surfaces. All the time, wither it be on rocks, logs, and natural settings, or the fact that I setup the pallets I find to be slanted and at odd angles. Low pressure? I keep mine right at 30psi, or 20psi. I have two gauges, and each one tells me something different. But, for me, I still hit my rim a lot, and fold over with the rocks and stuff. Its improving, and on urban stuff has like a 5% of happening.

I'm looking at my CC tires, all three of them, and now thread showing on either of them.

See, I don't see how that is weird, its just me posting my facts, which most of the time, go against what other people post. There are variables.

Reading this thread again and finding the point where I was quoted into here, was used somewhat wrong. Like I said before, I didn't shave my tire. Over a long time, and at very small increments, did my tire go bald. I have the same effect of a shaved tire now, and its joy to ride on. But I agree with Sponge here. The CC isn't the best tire to shave. Its already thin and soft, and without paying attention, you will take off too much rubber, and quickly wear it down to non-rideable.

Well, great thread, Sponge. I enjoyed reading it, and now have an interest in the try-all stiky. Once my CC tires are finally dead, which may take a while lol, I will probably try the try-all out, and the eagle claw. I have had my eye on the eagle claw for a while.
    Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
    Want some advice? Do better.
    ~Jerrick

Comment

Originally posted by Borgschulze
      I've been riding this tire since December 2006.

that tells us nothing
      how hard, how much a day, pressure, how much you weigh, etc
      doesnt contradict what he said
      like you are trying to do

Comment

Originally posted by torkerdx
        that tells us nothing
        how hard, how much a day, pressure, how much you weigh, etc
        doesnt contradict what he said
        like you are trying to do
        What?

I was showing the cracking that happens, which is completely agreeing with him.

If you must know.

Couple drops here and there not usually over 2 feet.
        I weight 155, and run 25~ psi.
        Ride on concrete.
        Ridden in temperatures as low as -20c.
        Casual rider, and rotate the cranks regularly.
        Gravity is not the issue.

Comment

What?

I was showing the cracking that happens, which is completely agreeing with him.

If you must know.

Couple drops here and there not usually over 2 feet.
          I weight 155, and run 25~ psi.
          Ride on concrete.
          Ridden in temperatures as low as -20c.
          Casual rider, and rotate the cranks regularly.
          i think he thought u were saying that the CC doesnt wear quickly. peope shouldn't be so jumpy....

it's a tyre - not your mum
          Last edited by brendan; 2007-11-29, 07:24 AM.
          I'm a soldja.

Comment

Originally posted by brendan
            i think he thought u were saying that the CC doesnt wear quickly. peope shouldn't be so jumpy....

it's a tyre - not your mum
            HAHAHAHA....that made my week lol wow
            hey cockman

Comment

damn this thread got jacked!

Awesome write up though. I wish this was made before I decided to try out a CC. O well

I have a try-all now and I'm going to build up another uni with the CC on it. So pretty soon I'll have a side by side comparison...
              $100 right now if you beat this gap
              Real talk

Comment

what about the onza sticky fingers???
                anyone know about that one?
                ><> Unicycle For Christ <><
                MY VIDEOS
                World Record
                94cm Highest Hop (rolling)
                308cm Longest Hop (10 feet)
                210cm Static Flat Gap

Comment

Originally posted by skrobo
                  what about the onza sticky fingers???
                  anyone know about that one?
                  It's in his review, second from the bottom.
                  1-wheeled-grape: ''I could never do yoga... I'm too fat I was forced to do it in primary school and the results were by no means fun'' ... ''If my belly doesn't scare me though no nakedness will''

Comment

I hate the Creepy Crawler! I have only ridden the CC and the Luna, but I can safely say I will not be buying another CC. It folds way too much and messed up loads of lines.
                    The luna is definatly a hard compound, theres not alot of grip on smooth surfaces, like the mable in Milton Keynes. I have ridden it for just over a year now and it still has barely worn.

Next I think im gonna try the Monty.

Edd
                    www.stfulondon.co.uk

I guess it's just a good thing you didn't include the footage of us snorting cocaine from the thighs of prostitutes eh Edd. - Boogie

Comment

Great guide Sponge!
                      I agree on most points, from my own experience of the tires.
                      The only thing I'm missing in this guide is weights. My CC and Try-all felt considerably lighter than my current eagle claw.
                      My 29er page
                      My fresh album

Comment

Oh, I have one thing you could add...

Noise... what do these tires sound like volume wise when you crank up the speed?

As nice as the Try-All tire sounds, I'm not really a good enough rider to justify the price... but if it's a lot quieter than the Creepy Crawler, then the tire is pretty much better in every aspect. I ride to school most days, and the noise from the Creepy Crawler is sort of irritating.

Add to the fact, I don't ride a whole lot, and the tire is nearly bald.
                        Last edited by Borgschulze; 2007-11-30, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Regarding noise, it's a highly irrelevant factor thinking from a trials perspective... but, since you asked:

Basically all sticky compound tyres make noise and grumble when cycled. (most noticable when you do sharp turns whilst pedalling). BUT, do note that not all soft compound tyres are necessarily sticky... for example the old school Montys are super soft but are not sticky whatsoever when compared to tyres like the new Eagle Claw, CC or Try-All.

That being said, Try-All tyres and Eagle Claws make similar noises to the CC when being cycled since they are sticky compound tyres and their treads are quite loosely packed. These all grumble a lot when you cycle them on trials bikes in my experience. The Maxxis CC is partially unpopular in biketrials for decent riders because they 'drag' when you are freewheeling as they stick so much, which slows you down much faster.

But whatever, tyre grumble should relate to its grip in some way or form. So it's a positive thing in a way...

Comment

Interesting, I still might get a Try-All tire when Will @ division8 replies to me.

Does the Try-All tire develop cracks like the Creepy Crawler?

Side note, Creepy Crawler is way too slippery on a smooth floor to ride at all. I can hop twist 270 on concrete, on a smooth floor I can pull about 135. I literally slid out and UPD'd today just doing a small turn because of how slick the soft compound is on that type of floor.

Comment

Does the Try-All tire develop cracks like the Creepy Crawler?
                              Nope, atleast not yet anyway
                              $100 right now if you beat this gap
                              Real talk

Comment

Originally posted by The UniSLAB
                                Nope, atleast not yet anyway
                                Good, some of the blocks on my tire look like they're about to rip off...

Comment

Working...
                                X