No announcement yet.

=> Custom Unicycles <=

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does lower tire clearence help with trials and street?
    Recently back into riding, many years, but I'm loving being back on one wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by UniDudeDX
      why does lower tire clearence help with trials and street?
      For trials you are slightly less likely to hit your knees on a lower crown and for street / flatland it makes foot on crown tricks easier as you are able to put your foot on the tire too.

Newest Video:
      Hitting jumps on a 36er!

Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!

Comment

I found wheelwalks extremely hard with the stock 07 DX frame.

Once I shortened it, they were instantly very easy to learn.

Also, I don't know if you were implying I ride street, but I don't. Just Trials and some freestyle stuff I'm trying to learn like Gliding and one foot riding.
        Gravity is not the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Borgschulze
          Yeah, after I rawed it, I was thinking... When I post this people are going to compare it to "The Ti"....

Surface rust doesn't form as quick as some people make it out to be though, so I have quite a while before I decide to get it powdered black.

The cranks on my bike have been raw metal for close to a year now, and I have ridden in the rain at least 10 times since they have been rawed.. well actually I sanded all the rust off of them with a dremel, the person I bought them from left his bike in the rain for a year and it pretty much is covered in rust.

Well now, you have a black post clamp and a seat cover with more red, as well as a silver hub. What about Profile cranks? Aren't they chromed? Or are they polished really well to get that Chrome look that I somehow doubt you can get CrMo to get.

I do respect The Ti though, I just don't like the Lollipop bearings.

Actually, it took under 30 minutes, including taking a break from using the hacksaw to get a drink.

I also ground off the stupid useless Magura mounts.

Why would you make a negative comment like that? You realize we all ride Unicycles... we must all have a lot of spare time.

Sorry. I just read through your post again, I thought you reduced it by 2mm, now I see you reduced it to 2mm How much clearence did it have before you cut it down?
          Marcus Collings
          *)---', 1mHighJump*
          my pure trials vid
          my Year in vid
          learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my unispin tutorial
          Want to glide? watch my ww tutorial

Comment

Originally posted by sp4rky-m4rky
            Sorry. I just read through your post again, I thought you reduced it by 2mm, now I see you reduced it to 2mm How much clearence did it have before you cut it down?

Lol, have you ever seen a 07 DX? You cans tick your arm through the amount of clearance it has.
            Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
            Want some advice? Do better.
            ~Jerrick

Comment

Originally posted by Brian O.
              For an indefinite amount of time I've decided to focus on my trials riding so I've made the appropriate changes to my uni.
              Mine looks better.

You know how I know you're a photographer...Your uni almost looks like it's posing beside the contrasting green pine tree and red berries.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrick
                Lol, have you ever seen a 07 DX? You cans tick your arm through the amount of clearance it has.
                I used to carry my DX through stores with that big gap.. using it like a handle... now I just hold the seat and roll it.

You literally can put your arm through the gap if your hand fits, which it should...
                Gravity is not the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Chexjc
                  Mine looks better.

You know how I know you're a photographer...Your uni almost looks like it's posing beside the contrasting green pine tree and red berries.
                  Photographer? Pft, I barely know how to work this thing.

The green ans berries? Nah that stuff just happened to be there...

Newest Video:
                  Hitting jumps on a 36er!

Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!

Comment

Working...
                  X