=> Custom Unicycles <=

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian O.
    Even if you don't ride in the rain, surface rust is probably pretty likely. You should clear coat it just to be sure - it can't hurt. Really though this is a HUGE improvement, it looks actually kind of cool now.
    Yeah, I think it looks really good now, looks better in person than in the picture.

But I did like the green, I rode around in the drama classroom in the dark with blacklight on and it was insanely cool looking.

EDIT: I am getting my bike cranks powder coated, so after that if I don't get the frame and Unicycle cranks throw in with it, then I'll clear coat it.
    Last edited by Borgschulze; 2007-12-29, 06:21 AM.
    Gravity is not the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boz
      Agent Q- did you gold leaf that rim yourself? it looks awsome
      Yes, I did it myself. I used some left over gold leaf form a Rolling Stoned set I hlep build last year.
      ---
      Uneed Films

Whats up with Street and Flat?
      the Unicycle Lab

Comment

Originally posted by Borgschulze
        Yeah, it's got about 2mm clearance now.
        Just wondering, what'd you do to get less clearance?
        Aaron Bickel

Comment

Originally posted by agentQ
          Yes, I did it myself. I used some left over gold leaf form a Rolling StoneS set I hlep build last year.
          Tho I dont think the hippies ever knew the difference.
          Last edited by agentQ; 2007-12-29, 08:31 AM.
          ---
          Uneed Films

Whats up with Street and Flat?
          the Unicycle Lab

Comment

Originally posted by Magixause
            Just wondering, what'd you do to get less clearance?
            Hacksaw + Angle Grinder + File + MIG Welder

Comment

Hacksaw + Angle Grinder + File + MIG Welder
              For 2mm, you must have alot of spare time.
              Marcus Collings
              *)---', 1mHighJump*
              my pure trials vid
              my Year in vid
              learning 180 or 360 unispins? watch my unispin tutorial
              Want to glide? watch my ww tutorial

Comment

My Christmas went into my bike instead of the Unicycle this year.
                Borgschulze thats the nicest Torker DX ever! Awesome clearence, awesome look! Nice uni!

Isaac
                sponsored by:

Comment

the dx is nice, but i like sams better
                  hey cockman

Comment

That DX looks almost identical to my uni.. except pretty much every component is different haha

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...&postcount=406

Comment

thats actually what i first thought sponge, then i saw the dx crown...i have to say again borgschulze that thats one of the best looking dx's ive ever seen, aloso the frame clearance is amazing!
                      hey cockman

Comment

Yeah, after I rawed it, I was thinking... When I post this people are going to compare it to "The Ti"....

Surface rust doesn't form as quick as some people make it out to be though, so I have quite a while before I decide to get it powdered black.

The cranks on my bike have been raw metal for close to a year now, and I have ridden in the rain at least 10 times since they have been rawed.. well actually I sanded all the rust off of them with a dremel, the person I bought them from left his bike in the rain for a year and it pretty much is covered in rust.

Originally posted by Sponge
                        That DX looks almost identical to my uni.. except pretty much every component is different haha

http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/sho...&postcount=406
                        Well now, you have a black post clamp and a seat cover with more red, as well as a silver hub. What about Profile cranks? Aren't they chromed? Or are they polished really well to get that Chrome look that I somehow doubt you can get CrMo to get.

I do respect The Ti though, I just don't like the Lollipop bearings.

Originally posted by sp4rky-m4rky
                        For 2mm, you must have alot of spare time.
                        Actually, it took under 30 minutes, including taking a break from using the hacksaw to get a drink.

I also ground off the stupid useless Magura mounts.

Why would you make a negative comment like that? You realize we all ride Unicycles... we must all have a lot of spare time.
                        Last edited by Borgschulze; 2007-12-29, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by agentQ
                          Yes, I did it myself. I used some left over gold leaf form a Rolling Stoned set I hlep build last year.
                          if you didnt mean stones then thats mad funny
                          hey cockman

Comment

For an indefinite amount of time I've decided to focus on my trials riding so I've made the appropriate changes to my uni.
                            Attached Files

Newest Video:
                            Hitting jumps on a 36er!

Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!

Comment

Actually, it took under 30 minutes, including taking a break from using the hacksaw to get a drink.

I also ground off the stupid useless Magura mounts.

Why would you make a negative comment like that? You realize we all ride Unicycles... we must all have a lot of spare time.

I think he thinks that you only took off 2cm of the frame. The 2007 had a lot of clearence so you had to take a lot more than off.

It looks really nice. =p
                              Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
                              Want some advice? Do better.
                              ~Jerrick

Comment

Originally posted by Jerrick
                                I think he thinks that you only took off 2mm of the frame. The 2007 had a lot of clearence so you had to take a lot more than off.

It looks really nice. =p
                                I still have the hunks of steel I sawed off.

They're ridiculously thick...

I believe I took off around 1 1/4", I don't remember exactly though because the metal is in my garage, and I don't feel like going in there just to measure it.
                                Last edited by Borgschulze; 2007-12-29, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X