Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iridemymuni
    replied
    ive got a koxx hub and crank set on my kh 07 frame, works no problem.

yes the koxx bearings have a very large internal diameter, its kind of spiffy really.

Leave a comment:

• brendan
    replied
    actually koxx have an Internal diameter of 22mm. But thats just to be annoying and incompatible. Like the french usually are... abit liek teh irish, they like to be different for the hell of it. Wait i am french....

But since both hubs have 42mm OD bearings and 100mm spacing, both will fit a KH or Koxx frame fine.

Leave a comment:

• musketman
    replied
    Originally posted by Uniman_3
    so could you take a KH hub,crank,bearings and put them in a Koxx frame or Use a Koxx hub,crank,bearings and put them on a KH frame?

yes, that should work both ways. That has more to do with the bearings fitting into the frame then the ISIS hub. Both bearings on the koxx and the KH are 42mm Outer diameter, and 20 mm Inner diameter. So Koxx will go right into the KH frame, or the KH hubset will go right into a koxx frame.

Leave a comment:

• Uniman_3
    replied
    so could you take a KH hub,crank,bearings and put them in a Koxx frame or Use a Koxx hub,crank,bearings and put them on a KH frame?

Leave a comment:

• brendan
    replied
    ISIS is a standart for the crank interface.

Think of it like... IDE in computers or USB.

basically if a crank says ISIS and a hub says ISIS, they will fit together no problem with the make or manufacturers.

So yes it is good. but note that the above isnt always true, as koxx ISIS stuff will only fit Koxx ISIS stuff. yes its stupid.

Leave a comment:

• uniaddict
    replied
    I've been curious about this hub. First of all what does ISIS mean? And does anyone have one, and if you do, is it any good? I've been wanting to know because I'm thinking about getting a new KH uni and I want some more info. If I could only get the money!

Leave a comment:

• musketman
    replied
    Originally posted by kington99
    The KH/Onza hub is hollow, it's mostly air in there and the shell is aluminium, wheras the new axle is all crmo (with aluminium flanges). That's why the old one seems so much larger.

Ask yourself this, why would Kris make a new hub that is weaker than the old one?

Actually the flanges are steel.

Leave a comment:

• keatonn
    replied
    bn

Leave a comment:

• plumsie
    replied
    It's a valid point, but these are the cranks Kris himself has to ride everyday, doing all that insane stuff you see on the videos. At certain points his life depends on his cranks not breaking. Reports of breaking the 07 set are very rare, infact I cant remeber hearing anyone claim to have broken them, compared to the relatively high number of failures of the 05/06 cranks (admitedly mostly with the earlier cranks made of thinner material).
    The old ones have had a few years though for the stories of them breaking to get out and it is well known that there was a manufacturing defect with the batch which the broken ones came from. Yes Kris rides these probably daily and he does some insane stuff but he is also a business man. I bought a KH05 on the basis that it was being sold cheap on UDC, by making the hub and cranks cheaper the price of the uni comes down and more people are going to buy them, hence he makes more profit.

Modelling these cranks numerically to find which is stronger really wouldn't be that hard, if I didn't have to get this damn project finished by the end of the week it would be an interesting exercise.
    I don't know if I trust computer modelled simulations for something like this, I would rather someone set up a jig to hold a hub as if it was in a unicycle and then test it by doing static and dynamic load tests to see what static and dynamic loads cause a failure. Then we would know for certain which is stronger.

I know this comes across as though I don't like/trust Kris when in reality I do like KH products. I don't agree with people saying what is better with no scientific backing for what they are saying (this isn't directed at you kington99 just a general comment about the forum). The new moment hub and cranks may well be stronger but to say they are, based on a manufacturing defect and the fact they are "new" is wrong in my eyes.

Plumsie

Leave a comment:

• kington99
    replied
    Originally posted by plumsie
    To reduce the cost?

The new hub and cranks is 40 cheaper than the old ones, a saving of about 30%. Could it just be a cost cutting measure? I'm sure the new Hub and cranks are strong but without some real scientific analysis we will never know for certain which is stronger.

Plumsie
    It's a valid point, but these are the cranks Kris himself has to ride everyday, doing all that insane stuff you see on the videos. At certain points his life depends on his cranks not breaking. Reports of breaking the 07 set are very rare, infact I cant remeber hearing anyone claim to have broken them, compared to the relatively high number of failures of the 05/06 cranks (admitedly mostly with the earlier cranks made of thinner material).

Modelling these cranks numerically to find which is stronger really wouldn't be that hard, if I didn't have to get this damn project finished by the end of the week it would be an interesting exercise.

Leave a comment:

• bawls44
    replied
    The 07's might be stronger but the 05's are still alot sexier.

Leave a comment:

• thejdw
    replied
    Originally posted by uniredneck
    UDC won't have them till April. They are worth the wait though.
    uk do, but they are running late and its anying me (deliveary)

Leave a comment:

• uniredneck
    replied
    UDC won't have them till April. They are worth the wait though.

Leave a comment:

• thejdw
    replied
    i'm getting a kh movment for my nimbus muni as soon as udc get a move on

Leave a comment:

• plumsie
    replied
    Ask yourself this, why would Kris make a new hub that is weaker than the old one?
    To reduce the cost?

The new hub and cranks is 40 cheaper than the old ones, a saving of about 30%. Could it just be a cost cutting measure? I'm sure the new Hub and cranks are strong but without some real scientific analysis we will never know for certain which is stronger.

Plumsie
    Last edited by plumsie; 2007-03-05, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X