Nimbus "Stadium" Saddle video review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nimbus "Stadium" Saddle video review

Here's my new Nimbus Product review for the "Stadium" Saddle. Think I covered every aspect. let me know if you have any questions.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suDhAm0d5I8"]UniGeezer's Product Review: "Stadium" Saddle" - YouTube[/ame]
    Happy Birthday Terry! Every year you get cooler, younger and unicyclier!
    Be our muniprohpet for many years more.
    -Dani Buron

Website
    Videos
    Facebook

" Re-designed from the bottom up"
    I see what you did there Mr P

Great video, Thank you

Comment

I quite like my Naomi saddle for being flat-but-not-too-flat, but I imagine that cutaway and thicker foam makes for an even better ride! Any idea on pricing?
      “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

By comparison, the Naomi has quite a bit more curve than the Stadium. I do like the thinness of the Naomi.

Click image for larger version

Name:	COMPAREs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.8 KB
ID:	2458301
        -Dani Buron

Website
        Videos
        Facebook

Comment

When will the Stadium Saddle be available?

Comment

Originally posted by 41on1 View Post
            When will the Stadium Saddle be available?
            From what I've heard, they should be arriving at UDC in the next shipment, in early August.
            Last edited by MuniAddict; 2016-07-25, 04:19 PM.
            -Dani Buron

Website
            Videos
            Facebook

Comment

Thanks! I can't wait! I really like my Zero, but before that I rode a Nimbus Flat Saddle and loved it except for the width.

Comment

Originally posted by MuniAddict View Post
                By comparison, the Naomi has quite a bit more curve than the Stadium. I do like the thinness of the Naomi.

[ATTACH]68499[/ATTACH]
                Huh, the Naomi feels a hell of a lot flatter than my other saddles. Now I'm a bit worried the Stadium will be *too* flat, like the Fusion Zero!

Still tempted though. I'll see how much they are when they come in on UDC UK
                “It is well known that a vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history.”

Comment

No its not too flat, stadium feels like a half flattened Naomi which is about as comfortable as you can get...

As to how much they will cost, if I remember correctly even the bottom end ones are going to use a similar plastic to the KH zero. However cost is about what the market will bear rather than the production cost, so I would expect it to be in a similar price band to standard KH saddles (roughly £30-40).

The base mould is the important ridiculously expensive bit of the saddle and the foam comes after. If the Stadium is successful, we will see more variants to suit different ride styles and price brackets. Unless there is mass dislike or a major issue, I would expect to see this saddle and its variants become stock on all UDC and Nimbus unicycles reducing the per unit R+D cost by selling in bulk rather than as an upgrade.

Comment

Thanks for the review,Terry.
                    Q: how would you compare the "relief channel" on the Stadium to the KH seat in terms of width and depth?

Comment

Does it have the same bolt pattern as the KH saddle? In other words: will it fit a KH T-Bar or brake holder?
                      Einradfahren in Sachsen:
                      einradsachsen.com
                      f/EinradSachsen
                      07.06.2020: Europamarathon

Comment

Originally posted by newob View Post
                        Thanks for the review,Terry.
                        Q: how would you compare the "relief channel" on the Stadium to the KH seat in terms of width and depth?
                        The channel is there, but I'm not sure how effective it is on either saddle.

Originally posted by Eric aus Chemnitz View Post
                        Does it have the same bolt pattern as the KH saddle? In other words: will it fit a KH T-Bar or brake holder?
                        Yes, same bolt pattern.
                        -Dani Buron

Website
                        Videos
                        Facebook

Comment

[QUOTE=MuniAddict;1672071]The channel is there, but I'm not sure how effective it is on either saddle.

Yes, I agree, but not quite what I was asking...

Comment

I ordered one yesterday, at Municycle Germany.
                            I will review it soon, and compare it against the Zero and the flattened fusion freeride.
                            36" KH Muni, 2.25" Racing Ralph, 137/165 Moments
                            29" Qu-ax MUni, 2.4" Racing Ralph, 145mm quax alu
                            24" Qu-ax MUni, 3.0" Gazza, 145 Qu-ax alu.
                            26" KH Guni, 2.25" Rocket Ron, zero, T bar

Comment

Hey Terry, wondering if you're planning on getting the Fusion One saddle as well. I snagged one when they went up, but didn't grab the new nimbus one for comparison. I plan on doing a write up of the zero vs the one, but would be interested to hear how the new nimbus saddle compares to those.
                              Steel is real! => I ride a Nimbus!

Comment

Working...
                              X