No announcement yet.

Nimbus 2014 Saddles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I agree with Roger, I don't like very much the KH no-hole front bumper. My palm slide away when holding the brake, just like Roger reported.
    For Muni & stuff I stick with the old bumper, for distance and XC i Just don't use it anymore and go for KH touring hanlde, shadow handle or various kind of front custom bars.

So for me the new bumper with the bigger hole is a plus, but I must say that my fingers are pretty tiny (S-M size on KH Impulse gloves).

What I really don't like is the nuts instead of allen bolts. So much trouble to add a brake bracket, any kind of handle and so on. With allen bolts you just can change the bolt lenght at your need from the outside, with nuts you have to unwrap your saddle to access the squared-shaped screws. And if the saddle has a stapled cover such as the new Nimbus, all the process is a real pain...

At list Roger I would add 5mm to the front bolts, otherwise fitting the brake bracket is a real mess, as I reported with the Oracle Muni.

Another thing I don't like is the old-style base; it's narrower in the middle, which is a good thing, but it doesn't allow the use of a KH touring bar. Your only choice is to use the shadow handle which has both benefits and limitations, but for me is better to have a choice

Comment

Interesting to hear from the perspective of riders that like the hole in the saddle handle. Although I've never done it, making the worry largely unfounded, I tend to stress about fingers or ...things that would be worse... getting gnarled up in that hole.

I personally hadn't seen a reason for it until now, but I don't have the hand slippage problem.
      I'm different, yeah I'm different. I'm different, yeah I'm different. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing. Pull up to the scene and my wheel is missing.

Comment

I'm neither here nor there with the hole on the saddle. On the one hand I like the one without a hole as it seems comfier for hopping around. I haven't tried one of the new handles with a bigger hole but I liked how the old ones made it so you could grab the sides of the handle with both hands nicely. Is this still possible with the bigger holes?

Comment

Here are, finally, a few detailed pics of the new saddles.

The hole is definitely bigger:

I can't really say now if I like it or not. To me is good to have a bigger hole where my fingers can't get stuck, but the bigger hole has been obtained removing material in the front underneath part, where your fingers grab the handle. In this way you have a smaller, thinner grab for your hand.
          I have pretty small hands and I thinks that it's too small even for me

Here are the front bolts detail. They are waaaaay too short to mount the stock lever bracket, which just like the Quax one, is fixed with only 2 screws.

I think that those screws aren't going to last for long...
          Last edited by Mutaito; 2013-12-06, 07:34 AM.

Comment

Where is the flat seat?

Comment

Originally posted by Smilymarco View Post
              Why the hole in the handle again?!? The handles without the holes are so much better to your fingers...
              I actually prefer the handles with the holes. It's better for grip. What are you doing with your fingers that causes problems?
              Adventure Unicyclist

Alps 2 Ocean

Unistan: The Uzbekistan Unicycle Tour

Induni: The India Unicycle Tour

Monguni: The Mongolia Unicycle Tour

Comment

Anyone know if these handles are available seperately yet? They're not listed on the site, but thought maybe someone would know if UDC is willing to dole some out if you call. I see the KH ones, but not the newer ones with the bigger hole.

Would love to try one.
                "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

Originally posted by Killian View Post
                  Curious, can you fit your thumb into the hole, wrapping your whole hand around the handle like a regular handle bar? That'd be kinda nifty if you could...
                  I've seen Roger fit his thumb in that hole. It scares me- the perfect way to give yourself a gamekeepers thumb. Skiers get it, but a unicycle weighs several times more than a ski-pole.

Whilst I prefer the hole in the handle, I would never stick my thumb in it
                  Adventure Unicyclist

Alps 2 Ocean

Unistan: The Uzbekistan Unicycle Tour

Induni: The India Unicycle Tour

Monguni: The Mongolia Unicycle Tour

Comment

I'd probably still try it if it fit.

Who needs thumbs anyway?
                    "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Comment

Working...
                    X