Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coker big one or UDC Titan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Coker big one or UDC Titan

    Ok I know there are a ton of these threads but I'm going to ask anyway for some more up to date information. I'm going to get a 36" unicycle for my birthday. I am leaning towards the coker big one because it seems like a good unicycle and one that lots of people have also because of the upgradable options such as the pi bar. but I hear a lot of problems and bad reviews. I don't really like the titan as much but I hear better thing about it.
    So what do you guys recommend like I said I am leaning towards the coker. I am going to be riding on strictly distance road rides. I don't think I will be doing muni with it because I have a muni. Possibly a couple smooth dirt roads.
    More ideas than talent

  • #2
    I just made the same decision a month ago. Ordered a Big One. Found out the painted finish could take 8-12 weeks. Canceled the order. Bought a Titan and love, love, love it. Solid and smooth.

    Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Titan is more "upgradable." I'm pretty sure I've seen people on this forum with a Coker Pi Bar on their Titan too.

    But I doubt you'll regret the decision either way.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
      I just made the same decision a month ago. Ordered a Big One. Found out the painted finish could take 8-12 weeks. Canceled the order. Bought a Titan and love, love, love it. Solid and smooth.

      Others can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Titan is more "upgradable." I'm pretty sure I've seen people on this forum with a Coker Pi Bar on their Titan too.

      But I doubt you'll regret the decision either way.
      thanks for the reply. Just checking though is the udc titan the same as the nimbus titan? just seems odd they changed the name
      More ideas than talent

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm trying to make this decision as well, more opinions would be welcomed

        Right now I'm leaning on the coker as well, cause it seems to be overall cheaper, if I get it from coker directly.

        will probably add on a pi bar for the extra 50$, then see instead if any bicycle shop locally has a brake I can buy and mount onto it, to save some cash.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by UniJack View Post
          Just checking though is the udc titan the same as the nimbus titan? just seems odd they changed the name
          Nimbus is the Unicycle.com (UDC) brand name. UDC Titan and Nimbus Titan are the same product.

          Comment


          • #6
            Can the pi bar be purchased separately from coker? I don't see it available on their accessories page. Their 50USD bar makes the coker package a bit more affordable compared to other touring handle options. And of course the other option is the qu-ax luxer which currently isnt' in stock from canada. Hopefully they'll have it back in with 12USD shipping again. The isis hub makes that one attractive.
            Last edited by bnolsen; 2013-06-21, 12:24 AM.
            Torker LX24, AX20

            Comment


            • #7
              It's on page 2 of their accessory list...

              http://www.cokercycles.com/accessori...ring-handlebar

              Edit: ...and I just ordered one.
              Last edited by Lloyd Braun; 2013-06-21, 01:34 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                I purchased a UDC Titan a couple of months back. I had the frame powder coated, fitted venture cranks, aluminium post, KH saddle, after market pedals (forgot brand), fitted KH T-bar, fitted sunlite mx brake.

                I've got nothing to say but good things about this uni, however this is my first 36er.

                Andre
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lloyd Braun View Post
                  It's on page 2 of their accessory list...

                  http://www.cokercycles.com/accessori...ring-handlebar

                  Edit: ...and I just ordered one.
                  There was a page 2? the coker website isn't exactly traditional.
                  Torker LX24, AX20

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'd go with the UDC/Nimbus Titan. There is no reason why you should get the Coker over the Nimbus - the Nimbus has a better rim and tyre and can be bought with venture cranks (well worth the money). Just gget the Nimbus and have done with it!
                    You know how people can do a "kick up" mount? Well I can do a "kick down" dismount. - Cloudz

                    Things are easy, apart from when they aren't

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Right now the titan doesn't come with the option to change out the cranks for ventures.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by CampinSam View Post
                        Right now the titan doesn't come with the option to change out the cranks for ventures.
                        Hmm, that's weird a week or two ago it did...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks for all the replies. I'm starting to like the titan now. But I have more questions about the titan
                          1.) Can you mount brakes on it?
                          2.) Can you mount a coker pi bar?
                          3.) Will the nightrider last along time or wear out?
                          4.) There are a lot of problems between the description and the pictures
                          *The rim in pic is stealth 2 description says it's the dominator
                          *the pedals are different
                          More ideas than talent

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by gathan View Post
                            I purchased a UDC Titan a couple of months back. I had the frame powder coated, fitted venture cranks, aluminium post, KH saddle, after market pedals (forgot brand), fitted KH T-bar, fitted sunlite mx brake.

                            I've got nothing to say but good things about this uni, however this is my first 36er.

                            Andre
                            I love the orange and black color scheme. It looks great.


                            Originally posted by CampinSam View Post
                            Right now the titan doesn't come with the option to change out the cranks for ventures.
                            You can probably call them and customize the order. They'll work with you.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by UniJack View Post
                              Thanks for all the replies. I'm starting to like the titan now. But I have more questions about the titan
                              1.) Can you mount brakes on it?
                              2.) Can you mount a coker pi bar?
                              3.) Will the nightrider last along time or wear out?
                              4.) There are a lot of problems between the description and the pictures
                              *The rim in pic is stealth 2 description says it's the dominator
                              *the pedals are different
                              1. The site has an option to add a U-brake. The frame doesn't have Magura brake mounts, so you can't do those. You could do a disc brake, but you'd need a new hub, a d'brake, ISIS cranks, and the brake itself. Might as well buy a Nightrider.
                              2. Yup. it's compatible with 25.4mm seat posts. You just need to be tall enough to have about an inch and a quarter of post sticking out of the frame to mount the pi bar on.
                              3. It will last a long time.
                              4. It a stealth 2. Dominator is for smaller wheels. Don't know about the pedals.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X