Magura HS33 Brakes for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [For Sale: North America] Magura HS33 Brakes for sale

Magura HS33 silver brakes and a Limited Edition HS33 Olympia brake with the pimpin' gold lever
    These have the older (2004) style HS33 brake lever that I think takes more UPD abuse than the more delicate newer style HS33 brake levers.

The silver brakes are $85/per wheel and the Olympia with the gold lever is $95/per wheel. These brake levers are all KH spooner compatible. They brakes come set up with black brake pads and whatever line length and crossover tube length you want (I can calculate line length for you if you want me to), bled and tested for leaks and function. Comes with mounting instructions I wrote up for unicycles. Four bolt mounts not included, but I have these for sale separately.

This brake will fit on any Kris Holm unicycle: 20, 24, 29 and 36 or any brand of unicycle (Hunter, Nimbus, etc) that comes with dedicated four-bolt Magura mounts that look like this: http://www.rocknrollbikes.com/upload...kCromo201f.jpg

PAYMENT AND SHIPPING:
    Paypal works best for me, but money orders are also ok. My paypal address is: uniflasher@hotmail.com. Shipping will be $8 for USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US (2-3 days) and $10 for first class shipping to Canada (7-9 days). I ship the day after I receive funds.

BLEEDING / TESTING:
    I flush and bleed all brakes with fresh Magura blue blood before I test, pack and ship your brake. Bleeding hydraulic brakes is messy and no fun - and so you won’t have to deal with fluid leaks, after I assemble and bleed them with fresh Magura blue blood, I test them all for leaks by putting the wheel cylinders into a custom test jig that I made. There, I’ll cycle the brake pistons under full braking power to check for proper function and leaks without having to bolt them up to a unicycle frame.

MORE BRAKES AND PARTS:
    E-mail me if you want something different or digital pictures of something in particular. I also have a good selection of new and used HS33 and HS22 brakes and several of my HS33/HS22 hybrid "franken-brakes" for 36” wheels too.

BTW, I also have these available separately:

* New Magura four bolt mounts with stainless hardware are $25/per wheel
    * Magura rim brake bleed kits are $25

Cheers,
    Brycer1968
    503-358-2252
    uniflasher@hotmail.com
    Attached Files
    Last edited by brycer1968; 2011-06-30, 07:08 PM.
    Brycer1968,
    Mayhem on one-wheel since 1968

I am likely interested in one of your brakes, but have a few questions.

I have a blue-frame nimbus 36, with the dedicated mounts. However, the wheel has the old steel rim. Will the brake pads make that horrible whine/squeak sound when I apply brake pressure?

I'm not very familiar with the Magura brakes. How often do I need to service them? When/how do I know I need to service (bleed?) them?

What's the advantage to having an HS33 rather than an HS22?

Right now I'm running a T7, but may later switch to a Pi bar. Are there any other things I should keep in mind, given my specific setup?
    Nimbus 29 with Pi bar
    Nimbus 36 with T7
    Koxx-One Domina II

Live with intention. Walk to the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by SqueakyOnion View Post
      I am likely interested in one of your brakes, but have a few questions.

I have a blue-frame nimbus 36, with the dedicated mounts. However, the wheel has the old steel rim. Will the brake pads make that horrible whine/squeak sound when I apply brake pressure?
      No they shouldn't make much noise at all if you use red or black brake pads and get the brake pads adjusted properly.

I'm not very familiar with the Magura brakes. How often do I need to service them? When/how do I know I need to service (bleed?) them?

They come bled and ready to ride. Unless you break a line open on a rock, there is no need to service them or rebleed them. You might want to change the fluid in them every 2-3 years if you notice dirt in the fluid. I also sell bleed kits and its a good skill to learn if you are gonna have hydraulic brakes.

What's the advantage to having an HS33 rather than an HS22?
      The 22s are an older brake with a larger lever and lever piston that is generally more durable than the HS33 levers. I have the 22s here too, but you might want to read this post as the frankenbrake is what I run on my 36er and might be the best option for your 36er: http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81515

Right now I'm running a T7, but may later switch to a Pi bar. Are there any other things I should keep in mind, given my specific setup?

I can help you size the brake line to make sure that it will be long enough for what ever handle bar you use. You will also need a set of MaGURA brake mounts and hardware, which I have here as well. Brakes come with detailed mounting instructions to help you get them installed and dialed in easily
      let me know if you have questions or want to see pics of anything in particular.
      Cheers,
      Brycer1968
      Brycer1968,

Comment

Pics for Nurse Ben

See Pm for more info.

Brycer
        Attached Files
        Brycer1968,

Comment

Bump

Still have many new and used HS33 brakes and parts here. Send me a PM and lemme know what you are looking for.
          Cheers,
          Brycer
          Brycer1968,

Comment

Bump

Bump
            Brycer1968,

Comment

Bump

Back to the top.

Still have many new and used HS33 brakes and parts here. Send me a PM and lemme know what you are looking for.
              Cheers,
              Brycer
              Brycer1968,

Comment

Bump
                Brycer1968,

Comment

Bump
                  Brycer1968,

Comment

Bump
                    Brycer1968,

Comment

Bump. Still have lots of new and used HS33 brakes and parts for sale.
                      Let me know what you are looking for.

Brycer1968
                      Brycer1968,

Comment

Bump
                        Brycer1968,

Comment

Pics for MP Uni . . . or anyone else that wants a bargain priced HS33 in cool colors
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by brycer1968; 2011-10-20, 06:01 AM.
                          Brycer1968,

Comment

Bumpity-bump!
                            Brycer1968,

Comment

How many do you have? Think you'll have ne left around christmas? planning on ordering a muni then and ima want some brakes.

Comment

Working...
                              X