Square taper cranks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted North America] Square taper cranks

I'm looking for a pair of square taper cotterless crank arms, in the 89-114mm-or-so range.
    Last edited by Biggestbtc; 2009-01-06, 11:56 PM.
    ~Benjamin
    ><>Unicycle For Christ<><

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.

udc has 89mm cotterless United cranks for 12 bucks lol cant get much cheaper than that...
    heres the link http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=179
    -Jarom
    koxx Devil: bombness course 2

shake and bake

Comment

I'm a cheap dude.
      ~Benjamin

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats, approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.

Comment

Do I really need the crank puller tool as they say I do?
        ~Benjamin

Comment

Yes you need a crank extractor. I have seen, back in my bmx days, people get cranks off without one, but I haven't ever seen cranks that weren't destroyed from the effort.

You should be able to get a cheap one at a LBS. There used to be sugino, and takagi ones from japan that weren't expensive. I would think that someone in taiwan or china has filled the niche.
          "A properly ridden unicycle is like an object in orbit: constantly falling but never landing." -Diogenes

Comment

Thanks. Any advice on what size cranks I should get for my 20"? I do want something shorter than my 114's, but should I get 102's or 89's? I can't really do any tricks, but I like to ride around town. How radical are 89's for a 20" uni?
            ~Benjamin

Comment

i have 89's and they are pretty fun... especially just for cruising around
              -Jarom
              koxx Devil: bombness course 2

shake and bake

Comment

89 for cruising along will be fun. Crankpullers are great, and even for a quality one, they are only a few dollars.
                Just bumming around MR~~~~~~~~~Team Forrest~~~~~~~~~Team Dirty Bird!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Check out my Band.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!Quack!~~~~Team Spencer!~~~Member of the MRIS.
                Want some advice? Do better.
                ~Jerrick

Comment

You say a few dollars. Is that what you mean by $16.95 at the LBS? I noticed that such was the approximate price at UDC.
                  ~Benjamin

Comment

I have an old Campy one that is similar to this. I'm sure that mine is better metal, but unless you are using your crank extractor often I suspect that a cheap one will last forever. Mine will not work on ISIS, and it looks as if this one might.
                    "A properly ridden unicycle is like an object in orbit: constantly falling but never landing." -Diogenes

Comment

I have an ISIS crank extractor and it work for both Square taper and ISIS, if you have an ISIS one try it first, it might work with Square taper too.
                      Jakob F.

Comment

I have had mine for about 20 years, long before ISIS. They still make it, and sell it for use on square taper cranksets. It is exactly like this:

I could probably make an adaptor if I ever get an ISIS setup. And looking at the price, I think I will certainly try. This one is listed at $42.

Comment

My crank puller has two sets of threads on it and I have yet to find a crank, ISIS or square taper that it wouldn't fit. (even KOXX not ISIS ISIS) I got it off ebay for about $20.00 after shipping and have pulled loads of cranks with it. Problem is, it will cost more than the cranks.

Oh, I seeing as how your cheap, I will save you a penny and sell you my black 108mm cranks for $11.99 US plus shipping....probably more than the cranks you could get at the LBS for about $10.00US (no shipping, you picked them up)
                          Helping a second generation learn to “keep it wheel!”

Comment

Thanks everybody for your input. I now have 89's on my unicycle.
                            ~Benjamin

Comment

Working...
                            X