This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to trade 138 mm Isis cranks for shorter

For the most part, if you want to be cool, you might want to avoid unicycles. But if you want to ride unicycles, you're into a different kind of cool. We are not sheep! (Foss, 2017, p. 93)

Maybe keep the 138mm in case you get a bigger wheel, want to climb steep hills or want to muni. They'll probably come in handy some day. Buy the 125mm pair too though.
    A happy Sydneysider, will I go to the next Unicon?

Comment

How about 3 holes ?

https://www.unicycle.com/nimbus-vcx-plus-isis-cranks/

Click image for larger version

Name:	vcx.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	2461890

Future proof your cranks.
      Last edited by BruceC; 2019-11-18, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gockie View Post
        Maybe keep the 138mm in case you get a bigger wheel, want to climb steep hills or want to muni. They'll probably come in handy some day. Buy the 125mm pair too though.
        I don't mind keeping them but at $65 plus shipping they add up pretty quick so i figured i’d try a swap before i dropped the cash for yet another set.

Originally posted by BruceC View Post
        How about 3 holes ?

https://www.unicycle.com/nimbus-vcx-plus-isis-cranks/

[ATTACH]73155[/ATTACH]

Future proof your cranks.
        Got’em and love them! But they are they on my 32” oracle and i am getting the 125’s for my MUni machine. I do only use the 100mm holes these days on the VCX+ though so i guess i could throw them on the 27.5 for the 125 hole and get a set of dedicated 100’s for the 32”.. hmmm maybe i will if a trade does not happen
        Last edited by WeaponizedBacon; 2019-11-18, 09:57 PM.
        For the most part, if you want to be cool, you might want to avoid unicycles. But if you want to ride unicycles, you're into a different kind of cool. We are not sheep! (Foss, 2017, p. 93)

Comment

Sun makes super inexpensive 127mm cranks that I think are pretty good quality. I have two pairs, one on my trials uni, one on a road uni, and never had any problems.

They have a pretty wide q-factor though, compared to the venture type cranks that have almost none. You'll end up with a wider stance, which might or might not matter.

Here's one on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by MrImpossible View Post
            Sun makes super inexpensive 127mm cranks that I think are pretty good quality. I have two pairs, one on my trials uni, one on a road uni, and never had any problems.

They have a pretty wide q-factor though, compared to the venture type cranks that have almost none. You'll end up with a wider stance, which might or might not matter.

Here's one on ebay
            Says its gender: MENS. In unmissable capital letters too.

Here I am, thinking cranks (and unicycles for that matter) were gender non specific.
            Thanks EBay.

I guess I wont buy them then

[Spoiler] (Not that would anyway due to horrendous shipping charges to Aus). [/Spoiler]
            Last edited by Gockie; 2019-11-19, 08:58 PM.
            A happy Sydneysider, will I go to the next Unicon?

Comment

Originally posted by MrImpossible View Post

Here's one on ebay

Comment

Working...
              X