Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need mountain uni for 8 year old

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Wanted North America] Need mountain uni for 8 year old

    My son is 8 and he is riding a unicycle like mad. He has started riding singletrack with no brakes and a street tire. I would like to get him something appropriate. What do you all suggest? A 24 with the seat tube cut all the way down? Brakes, no brakes? I am in Colorado USA. If anyone has a used uni that fits the bill, I am interested. Please email me at nathan@gritandthistle.com. Thanks!

  • #2
    Originally posted by NWard View Post
    My son is 8 and he is riding a unicycle like mad. He has started riding singletrack with no brakes and a street tire. I would like to get him something appropriate. What do you all suggest? A 24 with the seat tube cut all the way down? Brakes, no brakes? I am in Colorado USA. If anyone has a used uni that fits the bill, I am interested. Please email me at nathan@gritandthistle.com. Thanks!
    If you can let us know what his inseam is with his shoes on, you'll get some good advice from others on the forum. 20" trials unicycles make perfectly good mountain unicycles for kids, FYI.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
      20" trials unicycles make perfectly good mountain unicycles for kids, FYI.
      Yes and won't be wasted when they eventually do move to a bigger uni for off road and take the trials uni to the skate park.
      Triton 36" + 29" | KH 29" | KH 26" | KH 27.5" Muni | Nimbus eSport Race 24" | Torker LX 24" | Qu-Ax Luxus 20" | Qu-Ax Profi 20" | KH / Impact 19" hybrid

      Comment


      • #4
        Where are you in Colorado?

        I have an Impact 20 that I may sell. Im in Longmont.
        "A properly ridden unicycle is like an object in orbit: constantly falling but never landing." -Diogenes

        Comment


        • #5
          Inseam 24 inches. What size 20 or 24?

          Originally posted by elpuebloUNIdo View Post
          If you can let us know what his inseam is with his shoes on, you'll get some good advice from others on the forum. 20" trials unicycles make perfectly good mountain unicycles for kids, FYI.
          His inseam with shoes is 24 inches.

          What do you think about brakes? Necessary?

          Comment


          • #6
            Will be near Longmont this weekend.

            Originally posted by jtrops View Post
            Where are you in Colorado?

            I have an Impact 20 that I may sell. Im in Longmont.
            Hi. We are in Salida, but will be in Berthoud area Saturday and Sunday mornings this week for a wedding. Please email me a photo and details at nathan@gritandthistle.com. Thanks!

            Comment

            Working...
            X