Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Wanted North America] Old School 26er parts

Hey,

So by the powers that be, a Nokian Gazzolodi fell into my lap for free. The beads are kind of hammered but the tread has a ton of life and I think since the beads are wire, it'll still set up tubeless fine.

So, I'm wanting to build a low budget 26er DH Muni that hearkens back to the old days: overbuilt, excessively heavy, and fun. If anyone has an old 26er frame laying around, I'm a buyer, as well as a wheelset. Really anything. Chrome nimbus frame preferred.

Let me know what you have.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Killian; 2016-09-29, 11:30 PM.
    "I used to watch Highway Patrol whittlin' with my knife..." - NY

Right here my friend, as old school as it gets:
    http://www.unicycle.uk.com/unicycle-...b-36-hole.html

Comment

Indeed. Would like to try and find a whole wheelset or at least know what rim I'm dealing with first.

Onza's will not be turned down though!

Comment

Damn they're giving those away though...

Comment

Originally posted by Killian View Post
          Damn they're giving those away though...
          Yeah, no joke! I wish I had a good excuse to get one at that price, but I have one like that already in my muni wheel... which I would offer to you if I didn't still use it all the time. Your "old school 26er" is my "good mountain unicycle."

I was a little sad to not see matching cranks for sale though. They hung on in the catalog for a while too. I'd bet that some forum members have a set or two of them stashed away still.

Comment

Originally posted by LargeEddie View Post
            I'd bet that some forum members have a set or two of them stashed away still.
            I searched a second hands set a while ago and it seems that spare sets are long gone or long forgotten (but still good luck in your search).

The plan B is to search for Onza splined BMX cranks. On the unicycle side they were identical to the KH/Onza. The only downside may be the length available...

As plan C, I can ask a friend of mine if he has replaced his splined hub with an ISIS one yet (he has a KH/Onza hub with 165mm cranks).

Can't wait to see pics of your old-school "anchor" muni
            Last edited by Siddhartha Valmont; 2016-09-30, 06:11 AM.
            => CrMo 29: KH XC rim, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
            => Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS

Comment

Finding cranks looks difficult and parting out this uni with new parts is looking like more then I want to spend.

Anyone have a wheel set or whole muni?

Comment

Originally posted by Killian View Post
                Finding cranks looks difficult and parting out this uni with new parts is looking like more then I want to spend.

Anyone have a wheel set or whole muni?
                Try Bedford. Darren had Onza cranks in stock awhile back. Maybe he's still got some.
                "A properly ridden unicycle is like an object in orbit: constantly falling but never landing." -Diogenes

Comment

Think I have most of this figured out. Now for a frame...

Comment

Working...
                  X