Two Nimbus Stealth 36 inch (787 x 38 mm) 36 hole rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Nimbus Stealth 36 inch (787 x 38 mm) 36 hole rims

Two Nimbus Stealth 36 inch (787 x 38 mm) 36 hole rims for sale. One is drilled and the other is not.

These are not the current Stealth II rims. It is challenging to remove and install tires on these rims.

$30 for the non-drilled rim.

$50 for the drilled rim.

I am located in Germantown, Maryland for pick up which is about 30 miles northwest of Washington D.C. Willing to ship but buyer pays for shipping from zip code 20874.
    Attached Files

I was able to get tires off of mine pretty easily with a few pedros levers. Finding spokes long enough on the other hand? Maybe there are some wider flanged hubs out there.

These are not as deep as the stealth 2, so you will need long spokes. I think 375mm was the measurement I ended up with with a nimbus super-wide hub. It would probably work fine with a standard 100mm.
    Last edited by juggleaddict; 2016-02-18, 03:08 AM.
    Steel is real! => I ride a Nimbus!

Comment

Shipping details

I have received a few inquiries about shipping. Here is some information to help you calculate the shipping costs. The shipping box I have is 36 inches x 36 inches x 8 inches and weighs 6 pounds empty. The drilled rim weighs 2.25 pounds (1020 grams) and the non-drilled rim weighs 2.43 pounds (1100 grams).

Comment

I also have some other 36er parts available.

10 brand new, unused spokes (371 mm) and nipples for the Stealth rims. I also have 36 used (but not abused) spokes/nipples of the same length. $20 for all 46 spokes, which is the cost of 10 new spokes from UDC.

A practically new Nightrider tire (used for less than 10 miles). $50

A 36er butyl inner tube. $10

A used adjustable KH 25.4 mm seat post. $15

A used non-adjustable Nimbus 25.4 mm seat post. $10

I can post pictures of any items of interest.

Comment

Going from a steel rim to this one would I need slightly longer spokes? What did you switch to? I'm still running a square taper hub and steel rim so a bit stuck in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by delta 224 View Post
            Going from a steel rim to this one would I need slightly longer spokes?
            I am not sure about the spoke length difference between a steel rim and the Nimbus Stealth rim. I checked the UDC spoke length calculator and did not see a 36er steel rim option.

What did you switch to?
            I switched to the Nimbus Stealth 2 rim.

Comment

Going from a steel rim to this one would I need slightly longer spokes? What did you switch to? I'm still running a square taper hub and steel rim so a bit stuck in the past.
              I can't give you numbers but the spokes will need to be a bit shorter, not longer.

If you are lucky a bike shop might be able to roll some more thread onto your spokes to allow you to reuse them, saving the considerable cost of new 36er spokes.
              Last edited by saskatchewanian; 2016-03-15, 04:50 AM.
              My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

I am interested in the undrilled rim and spokes. Wondering if it's possible to ship the rim unboxed to save on shipping costs. At $30 it's worth the risk of bending to potentially save almost the same amount on shipping.

Comment

Let me know if you find a shipper that would take it unboxed.

Comment

I have been able in the past to ship a Duro wrapped in a trash plastic bag (like the big ones) with UPS. The address was taped on the plastic bag it looked funny but worked. YMMV.
                    => CrMo 29: KH XC rim, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
                    => Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS

Comment

These two 36er rims are still available.

Comment

hello I might be interested in the 36er butyl inner tube also the tire but have you got any idea how much shipping would be to the uk?
                        Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent. -Steve Martin

Comment

The 36er butyl inner tube has been sold. The tire is available but I think shipping to the UK would be expensive.

Comment

okay thanks never mind.
                            Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent. -Steve Martin

Comment

All items have been sold.

Comment

Working...
                              X