Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Sale (North America): KH29 Schlumpf

For Sale: KH29-SCHLUMPF

I haven't been riding unis as much as I used to, and when I do it's usually an errand on my Coker. I've decided to let my KH29 SCHLUMPF go to a home where it will get more love.

I'll post more pictures after the holidays, here's one pic of the KH29g in question (on the left) with the PREVIOUS hub, (and Rolandisimo's KH36g!)

The KH29 MUni is in excellent condition, but certainly has a few nicks in the paint, and a Horny Toad sticker.

The hub - AHhhh, the HUB!

This hub is serial #M0487 (replaced my previous #M0114), and I received it NEW from Florian in February, 2012. I made it into a 29er wheel in the spring of 2012, and I literally rode it less than 50 miles. So you're looking at a like-new Schlumpf hub in 29er wheel.

This has the 125/150 cranks, and you could pick your rubber, as I have 4 or 5 different tires for this.

NOTE: The only thing I don't have is the extra bolt - the one with the bigger allen key size - used for tightening the crank. This was a new addition to the kit. I never had one before and, after stripping a crank bolt in the smaller size, I realized as long as you're careful to get the allen key all the way into the hole in the smaller crank-bolts, you can tighten the cranks to the desired tightness.

In any case, this bolt is available from Florian, and anyone who can drill a hole through an extra crank bolt.

SO!

For the Schlumpf KH29er wheel (or hub) only - US$1400 obo
    For the whole KH29-Schlumpf Muni -$1800 obo

I have extras - Shadow seat/bar setup, spare "regular" KH29er wheel, other road, dirt, and ice 29er tires - which can be negotiated into the deal.

Discuss - think about it.

I can't post pics until after the holidays, but I'll check here periodically. Pickup (in upstate NY, US) greatly preferred, but otherwise, buyer pays actual shipping.
    Last edited by steveyo; 2012-12-21, 01:59 AM.
    steveyo
    ...like having your own personal rollercoaster...

- a few uni race write-ups
    - muni and kokopelli uni t-shirts, mugs and stickers

This is a great deal makes me wish I had 1800 dollars to spend.
    My youtube channel:CANMOREUNIPRODUCTIONS

Visit municycle.ca for all your unicycle needs

Comment

steveyo, I'm shocked. If I had the cash I'd come get it from you. Great deal, good luck on the sale. If some of those tires don't go with the deal let me know what you have left I might be interested, especially snow tire and any street worthy you might have. Best of luck and Happy Holidays
      Last edited by ally1776; 2012-12-21, 12:59 PM.
      My Facebook Page

My Twitter Page

I plan on riding unicycles till I break a hip and then I'll ride a little longer.

Comment

Here's a pic taken this AM.

BTW, I'm 5'6" with about 29 or 30" inseam. The seat post is probably too short for tall people.

Let me also add:

if you bought this and were not satisfied, I'd refund you and take the Guni back, no questions asked.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by steveyo; 2012-12-21, 01:22 PM.
        steveyo

Comment

Originally posted by ally1776 View Post
          If some of those tires don't go with the deal let me know what you have left I might be interested, especially snow tire and any street worthy you might have. Best of luck and Happy Holidays
          +1 on tires.

If you have 29in tires left and don't plan to stay on 29in uni, feel free to post them, there is a lot or 29er riders (including me) that will be interested
          => CrMo 29: KH XC rim, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
          => Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS

Comment

see PM
            I dream of hamsters and elderberries

Comment

Lower price~!

I checked out the exchange rate, and new Schlumpf hubs are around US$1300 these days, so I may be asking too much for mine.

New Prices:
              KH29er geared wheel only (no cranks): US$1250 obo - practically new KH/Schlumpf Hub, KH rim & wheel-build - all ready for a frame
              Whole Enchilada: KH29-Schlumpf Muni: US$1500 obo - above wheel, with frame, post, seat, cranks, pedals, etc. - ready to ride.

Also, I have lots of extras - Shadow seat/bar setup, spare "regular" KH29er wheel, other road, dirt, and ice 29er tires - which can be negotiated into the deal.
              Last edited by steveyo; 2012-12-31, 03:00 PM.
              steveyo

Comment

I do not need a third Schlumpf, I do not need a third Schlumpf, I do not need a third Schlumpf.

Wow that is a nice looking G29 and a great price...

I do not need a third Schlumpf, I do not need a third Schlumpf, I do not need a third Schlumpf.

Kind of makes me want to buy my third Schlumpf
                My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

Originally posted by steveyo View Post
                  KH29er geared wheel only (no cranks)
                  If you turns out to sell the wheelset alone, I would be up for the saddle+seatpost and even maybe a tire and the cranks

(even though a guni seems fun, it is way out of my budget...).

@saskatchewanian: stay strong, you can say no to drugs...
                  => CrMo 29: KH XC rim, Nimbus CrMo hub, Spirit 110/137 & Schwalbe Big One
                  => Flansberrium 26: Nextie rim, JumboJim 4.0, Spirit 127/150mm, M4O ISIS

Comment

Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post

Wow that is a nice looking G29 and a great price...

Kind of makes me want to buy my third Schlumpf
                    C'mon. You *know* you want it...
                    steveyo

Comment

I will tell you what, if nobody snatches it up by the time I get back to Canada ( April 13th) I will.

Dreaming of a geared knarded 29
                      Last edited by saskatchewanian; 2013-01-03, 08:45 AM.
                      My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world. - Jack Layton

Comment

Originally posted by saskatchewanian View Post
                        I will tell you what, if nobody snatches it up by the time I get back to Canada ( April 13th) I will.

Dreaming of a geared knarded 29
                        So weak

« so jealous

Comment

Sold. The whole kit and caboodle.

It wouldn't stop calling to me.

99.99% my 3 1/2 years of riding has been on a 24". Time to give a bigger wheel a try, and probably add some more road to the mix.

Thanks Steveyo! (You better still have some other good uni's to ride!!)

--> Grease for your Schlumpf hub (free shipping!) <--

Comment

Originally posted by MuniOrBust View Post

99.99% my 3 1/2 years of riding has been on a 24". Time to give a bigger wheel a try, and probably add some more road to the mix.

Yep -Buzz bought it!

Don't worry Buzz, I still have my Coker, KH24, and and a DX20.
                            steveyo

Comment

Originally posted by MuniOrBust View Post

Yay! Finally gonna get you off the 24 for a few rides, very cool. Congrats Buzz!
                              Last edited by ally1776; 2013-01-04, 01:43 AM.
                              My Facebook Page

My Twitter Page

I plan on riding unicycles till I break a hip and then I'll ride a little longer.

Comment

Working...
                              X